shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with a Lazare Kaplan!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tan70ri

Rough_Rock
Hi all

Hoping some folks can help me out! I'm looking at an AGS certified Lazare Kaplan stone. It is a round brilliant Ideal Cut polish/symmetry/proportions (AGS 0); F (AGS 1) VS2; (AGS 4). It weighs .877 cts. It says that the fluorescence is "Inert" (does this mean none?) The crown is 35.5% and the pavillion is 40.9. The depth is 61.5 with a 55% table.

Everyone i've spoken with says the Lazare diamonds are 10% higher in price than other none brand diamonds.

Bottom line is the quote of $4,500. What do you folks think of that price and quality of this stone? What should the appraised value on the cert be for insurance purposes?

Thank you :appl:

Jess

Rough_Rock
Is there a reason you want this particular branded stone, or are you just looking for an extremely well-cut diamond?

tan70ri

Rough_Rock
I want a high quality diamond and I've been told Lazare is one of the best. Also been told Tiffany's buys Lazare diamonds for their rings. I think this is a great price but just want some affirmation.

Jess

Rough_Rock
If what you posted is crown and pavilion angles (not percents)it scores a 2.6 on the cut advisor. That is a very good rating, but I think for the money you want to spend, you could do better. I would hang around this site for a while if I were you. I have learned SO much here. Do a search and call some vendors on this site. Jonathan at goodoldgold.com comes very highly recommended for his superbly cut stones and great service.
Jess
*P.S. Just so you know, I am no expert, I just love this site!:love:

Jess

Rough_Rock
Here is a .83 Hearts and Arrows for $3094 https://www.pricescope.com/origin.asp?id=26258&sh=8&prc=3094

.85 G VS1 H&A for 4458
https://www.pricescope.com/origin.asp?id=24637&sh=8&prc=4458

There are many many more, but you might have to call or email the vendor for more info.
When I did the search I just checked the AGS-0 and H&A box.

cannis

Rough_Rock
I have a Lazare Kaplan diamond engagement ring that I would like to sell. The specs are as follows:
It is 1.22 carats(round), color I, clarity vvs2. It is set
in a platinum setting with four single cut diamonds
(two on each side) total weight .08 carats.

Please let me know if you are interested or if you know where I could sell it.

Thanks for your time, Craig

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results