shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with a diamond I found

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just saw this on JA...it is a bit smaller, but you get everything you need to evaluate the stone and it looks really good.

Other opinions on this diamond below @OoohShiny @SimoneDi @diamondseeker2006 as compared to the Yadov at the top of the thread?

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...rat-i-color-vs2-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-3151843

@rockysalamander the true hearts diamond you suggested is beautiful without doubt, but I do think that it will be very similar in performance when compared to the 1.7 I VS1 OP picked.

I would agree that's a great stone, comes out <2 on the HCA too!

Would 1.7 to 1.55 be a noticeable difference? I recall reading that 0.2mm diameter change is when a difference starts to be noticed.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@OoohShiny I definitely find 0.2mm difference in diameter noticeable! I think that OP had found a great stone, now he just needs to find a great setting for it. :)

blingblingdiamond

Shiny_Rock
I am in boston as well... good to know there are many great jewelers in the area!!

Azurik

Rough_Rock
I just got off the phone with IDJ, what a great and friendly guy who runs the place. He wasn't able to locate the diamond, possibly because it's on hold with Yadav. However, he matched Yadav's price with a seemingly better diamond (bigger, higher clarity even though not necessary, but I'm concerning with possible graining issues when viewed from the side, within HCA of excellent). The video of the diamond looks like it would be a good performer too? It's also on BN (copy and paste link below).

1.73 I VVS1, HCA of .7
https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD09065992

Link to previous Yadav diamond (1.7 I VS1, HCA of 1.5)
https://www.yadavjewelry.com/products/round-diamond-i-vs1-yd920417

Thoughts?

Last edited:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like that IDJ suggestion - VVS1 is a great clarity to have, the plot chart on the grading report has nothing on it! lol

I don't think the internal graining would present any issues but you can always check that out if you order it. You will have to wait for more experienced members than I to offer educated comment on it!

Azurik

Rough_Rock
Last edited:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely the IDJ diamond - Yekutiel is fantastic and picks excellent stones!! For the same price, you get better clarity, bigger size and more information/confirmation of great light return with the images. Go for it!

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally agree with @ac117 . IDJ is known to PS and picks great stones. I'd feel much better aboug their settings and bench work as a known vendor.=)2

Azurik

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the help Boston (and non-Boston) folks. Yekutiel is awesome!

I have cancelled my order with Yadav and buying both the diamond and setting through IDJ instead. Gabriel NY (one of the engagement ring designers of IDJ) have beautiful pieces! I'll post pictures and everything when I get them in! :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results