shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with 2.62ct SI2 OMB from OWD

McLaren

Shiny_Rock
Hi All

I am looking at purchasing a diamond posted on Adams instagram earlier this week. I instantly fell in love with the chubbiness, the faceting and the proportions - it ticks all my boxes!

She's a GIA N SI2, but Adam said he was hoping she'd come back as an L - and that the deep crystal shows up more on the video than in person.

I've never had an SI2 before, and as I'm in Aus, I can't have the diamond posted to me for personal review.

Here is the GIA report:

Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 12.22.27 pm.png Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 12.22.16 pm.png

Would this crystal bother you on such a chubby faceted stone? Has anyone had experience with an inclusion that showed up more on the video than in person? Does anyone think perhaps I should ask for more videos in other lighting conditions?

I regard Adam very highly and this isn't a post to question him in any way. I'm just looking for advice from the experts!

It would be sitting next to my AVC wedding band with L/M stones.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would request videos in more and different lighting environments, and maybe even rooms with darker walls. Maybe he would be willing to do that...

It's a very pretty stone. :)

McLaren

Shiny_Rock
I would request videos in more and different lighting environments, and maybe even rooms with darker walls. Maybe he would be willing to do that...

It's a very pretty stone. :)

Thanks you @LLJsmom I agree, it's very pretty and I think I gasped out loud when I saw it for the first time! I will ask Adam if he's willing to provide some extra videos to help.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
I think videos are highly magnified and it's probably harder to see if you shrink it down to life size. Depends how eagle eyed you are but definitely ask for more videos and try to view them at a distance.
P.s it's a beautiful stone, Adam picks really nice ones :kiss2:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d trust Adam on this.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
@McLaren did you end up picking this beauty?

McLaren

Shiny_Rock
@McLaren did you end up picking this beauty?

Hi MaryJane,
Sorry that I'm replying a little late!
Adam was very kind and sent me through some further videos in different lighting and was incredibly helpful answering all my questions. I ended up passing on this stone as I think it would be a little too low in colour to match my wedding band but I am keeping my eyes peeled for the perfect stone. I believe this stone is still available =)2

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Hi MaryJane,
Sorry that I'm replying a little late!
Adam was very kind and sent me through some further videos in different lighting and was incredibly helpful answering all my questions. I ended up passing on this stone as I think it would be a little too low in colour to match my wedding band but I am keeping my eyes peeled for the perfect stone. I believe this stone is still available =)2

Aww that's okay. You have to be happy with it and now you know what you're looking for. I am just curious as I don't know anyone in Australia with an omc and would love to see one hehe. Are you still on the hunt for an omc though?

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I wanted this stone lol. I saw it when it was posted on OWD just in a ring and then on IG when I saw it got dismounted and graded I was like "wow!" I was considering it when I thought a previous ring I was going to buy fell through. I couldn't make it happen budget-wise though. And then the fall through deal ended up not falling through :) But if I had unlimited funds I would snap.it.up. Such a lovely stone.

milktoasts

Rough_Rock
Love this stone! Could you share what OWD is asking for it?

McLaren

Shiny_Rock
Aww that's okay. You have to be happy with it and now you know what you're looking for. I am just curious as I don't know anyone in Australia with an omc and would love to see one hehe. Are you still on the hunt for an omc though?

Yes still on the hunt. I had an OEC from Erica at LAD and I loved it but had to sell it to make up the funds for my AVC wedding band. I wouldn't consider the AVCs to be quite the same as OMC's but think they could sit nicely together if the facet pattern was chunky enough. The AVCs sing out to my symmertry-obsessed mind.

There is a 2.4ct AVC on the GOG website that I've been ogling over for a few months but we've just bought a house in QLD (I'm based in Sydney) so I decided to put my savings towards that instead. If it's still available when we sell our sydney house at the end of this year then I might redirect some of the funds. If i get my hands on it and you're in either Sydney or Noosa then I will gladly show you!

I wanted this stone lol. I saw it when it was posted on OWD just in a ring and then on IG when I saw it got dismounted and graded I was like "wow!" I was considering it when I thought a previous ring I was going to buy fell through. I couldn't make it happen budget-wise though. And then the fall through deal ended up not falling through :) But if I had unlimited funds I would snap.it.up. Such a lovely stone.

It's such a beautiful stone! The faceting on it is gorgeous! Adam is picking some real stunners at the moment - every other post on Instagram of his takes my breath away! Alex Parkes also has some beautiful old cuts.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Oh those are some big purchases and decisions this year. I am from Brisbane originally but now in Melbourne. I do try to come up at least once a year to visit family if not due to covid. Noosa might be an idea at the end of the year or next year and you will definitely have something to show me :) I am hoping to get my OMC this year as well. It's so hard to find someone that appreciates old cuts. Everyone is all about the MRB and nothing else :(

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
I think I bought this stone! can confirm - i do not notice the inclusion unless I tilt the ring at a certain angle and put it like 2 inches away from my face!

That’s cool to find the person who sees it in real life.

To answer the question for anyone doing future research I have an oec with a large feather near the pavilion that actually reflects around the stone when viewed on video, but I have never seen the feather without magnification. The diamond sparkles mighty pretty. The price was quite fair and I have no regerts.

rubilee

Rough_Rock
That’s cool to find the person who sees it in real life.

To answer the question for anyone doing future research I have an oec with a large feather near the pavilion that actually reflects around the stone when viewed on video, but I have never seen the feather without magnification. The diamond sparkles mighty pretty. The price was quite fair and I have no regerts.

I feel like especially with antique stones you really really just need to see it in person. I liked so much else about this stone- the color, the size, the facet pattern, the symmetry that I really just felt completely unconcerned about the tiny crystals (even though they’re black and technically under the table) the internal reflections hide the crystal so well. Also I love that it has this one discerning feature lol.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
I feel like especially with antique stones you really really just need to see it in person. I liked so much else about this stone- the color, the size, the facet pattern, the symmetry that I really just felt completely unconcerned about the tiny crystals (even though they’re black and technically under the table) the internal reflections hide the crystal so well. Also I love that it has this one discerning feature lol.

Awesome… did you ever post a pic?

rubilee

Rough_Rock
Awesome… did you ever post a pic?
I did! On SMTB.

EClove

Shiny_Rock
Hi @McLaren - I also loooove old cuts and just found this IG through another PS thread - I wonder if you might find what you're looking for here?

McLaren

Shiny_Rock
I think I bought this stone! can confirm - i do not notice the inclusion unless I tilt the ring at a certain angle and put it like 2 inches away from my face!

Congratulations! A beautiful setting - looks like its been in it forever. Wonderful finger coverage too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results