shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Whiteflash ACA diamond on hold

steaktacos1

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
Over the past few days you've been super helpful in helping me figure out the world of diamond hunting.
Based on my budget (less than $8k) I've narrowed my search to this diamond on hold. I'm thinking about putting it into a 6 prong solitaire setting. Please let me know what you think before I pull the trigger. Thanks so much!

1.265 ct I SI1 A CUT ABOVE® Hearts and Arrows Diamond $7336​

download.jpg

AGS Report

Last edited:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @steaktacos1 ...

Its a Super Ideal AGS000 H&A stone. There is really no reason to not like it. Beautiful stone! Do you have links to the video?

steaktacos1

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
Over the past few days you've been super helpful in helping me figure out the world of diamond hunting.
Based on my budget (less than $8k) I've narrowed my search to this diamond on hold. I'm thinking about putting it into a 6 prong solitaire setting. Please let me know what you think before I pull the trigger. Thanks so much!

1.265 ct I SI1 A CUT ABOVE® Hearts and Arrows Diamond $7336​

download.jpg

AGS Report

Here is the link:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
zero concerns, this will be lovely!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Here is the link:

That...is probably the best fire/sparkle performance I've seen out of any ACA of this carat and price range in a very long time - WOW!

What prong style are you thinking?

steaktacos1

Rough_Rock
That...is probably the best fire/sparkle performance I've seen out of any ACA of this carat and price range on a very long time - WOW!

What prong style are you thinking?

Woohoo! That just made me smile big. Thanks! I am really wanting the Vatche U113 that I just discovered yesterday, but I'm having a hard time swallowing the price. I would like to do baby claw prongs but also like the tabbed "Tiffany" prongs that Vatche offers. Not sure if the tabbed prongs will be a little much/overwhelming for the size of diamond. Would love anyones input or thoughts as to prong/setting. Thanks!

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
Woohoo! That just made me smile big. Thanks! I am really wanting the Vatche U113 that I just discovered yesterday, but I'm having a hard time swallowing the price. I would like to do baby claw prongs but also like the tabbed "Tiffany" prongs that Vatche offers. Not sure if the tabbed prongs will be a little much/overwhelming for the size of diamond. Would love anyones input or thoughts as to prong/setting. Thanks!

I have the Vatché (not from WF) and I love it. The tab prongs are very subtle and would not overwhelm a stone this size (mine is 1.5 ct). I know it's more than the other setting but to me it is worth the price difference.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I am really wanting the Vatche U113 that I just discovered yesterday, but I'm having a hard time swallowing the price. I would like to do baby claw prongs but also like the tabbed "Tiffany" prongs that Vatche offers. Not sure if the tabbed prongs will be a little much/overwhelming for the size of diamond. Would love anyones input or thoughts as to prong/setting. Thanks!

It can be a little spendy, but if it's "the one", then you know it's the one and it's a one-time purchase for a lifetime of enjoyment.

If the price truly is at a stopping point, here are some others that are similar:

steaktacos1

Rough_Rock
I have the Vatché (not from WF) and I love it. The tab prongs are very subtle and would not overwhelm a stone this size (mine is 1.5 ct). I know it's more than the other setting but to me it is worth the price difference.

Is that the Vatche in your avatar? It's absolutely beautiful.

Diamonds4Everyone

Rough_Rock
Are there any durability concerns for this diamond since there are feather inclusions near the girdle on both the crown and pavilion?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Are there any durability concerns for this diamond since there are feather inclusions near the girdle on both the crown and pavilion?

I wouldn't have a concern with it, at all. It survived the cutting, polishing, and strict ACA vetting.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone! I have also had the Vatche U-113 in platinum. It is a great setting! I really liked the tab prongs on mine. They tend to catch on things less than claw prongs. Others here have also been happy with the Whiteflash Classic Knife Edge setting.

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful stone! I have also had the Vatche U-113 in platinum. It is a great setting! I really liked the tab prongs on mine. They tend to catch on things less than claw prongs. Others here have also been happy with the Whiteflash Classic Knife Edge setting.

Ditto to this. I love my Vatche U113 and the small tab prongs. It is well balanced and dainty and the band is not too thin or thick with a lovely knife edge. Yes it cost a bit more but I didn’t have the stress of trying to go back and forth to get the dimensions exactly as I wanted them, if I had gone with something less expensive or had to be customised. The stone you chose will look amazing in it.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very nice looking SI1 stone. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results