shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! What to do with 2.06ct squarish OMC?

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Ok team, I need ideas.

I somewhat impulsively purchased this lovely OMC and don't know what to do with it! It's 7.5 x 7.2mm with a high crown and teeny table. Colourless, the pic is a bit messy looking but it's VS1 and completely eye clean.

I have two diamond RHRs in the works at the moment already. I have no desire for an "alternative engagement ring". I toyed with the idea of a ring with stepped baguettes, ziggurat style, but I don't think it would get enough wear.

I was thinking a necklace of some sort...I already have a a perfect OEC milgrain bezel pendant on a shortish chain, in WG. Wouldn't be averse to some sort of lariat or longer pendant to wear with V necks and button-downs - but it would have to be "everyday-friendly". I don't wear brooches or pins.

My style is usually fairly minimalist and modern. Only historical era of jewellery I really love is the hyper-geometric Art Deco. Definitely no filigree, no scrollwork, etc. I could come at some take on Georgian, not averse to different metals (including oxidised). Would do onyx or enamel. Or try me on something out of left field! I love this stone and would like to make it into something I can enjoy often.

Screenshot_20240524-191850.png

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok team, I need ideas.

Wouldn't be averse to some sort of lariat or longer pendant to wear with V necks and button-downs - but it would have to be "everyday-friendly".

THIS!

Idea: add something like a pear or two pears (small diamonds or even CS) that dangle from this main one, on different chain lenghts.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Idea: add something like a pear or two pears (small diamonds or even CS) that dangle from this main one, on different chain lenghts.

I love this idea and it's exactly what I was thinking...but wondering if it's too much??

The other thought I just had, was to get a matching twin cut. And then make lever back drops???

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love this idea and it's exactly what I was thinking...but wondering if it's too much??

The other thought I just had, was to get a matching twin cut. And then make lever back drops???

I don't think it's too much, I want to do the same with some of my CS.

For earrings, I'm a studs girl and think 7mm stones for lever backs are small-ish but just right for studs but this is my personal taste. Also I collect CS so diamonds might be much more visible as lever back, because of their dispersion of light.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think it's too much, I want to do the same with some of my CS.

For earrings, I'm a studs girl and think 7mm stones for lever backs are small-ish but just right for studs but this is my personal taste. Also I collect CS so diamonds might be much more visible as lever back, because of their dispersion of light.

I'd put them in a cut down collet or bezel setting, they would be substantial enough for me and my lifestyle I think. I have several pairs of studs so def don't need another (I don't think...)

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh maybe like this with the black enamel and WG? (This is from JBG)
Screenshot_20240524-205940.png

Edit it's onyx. How much does an onyx halo cost?

Last edited:

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Nice one! Can also do it Georgian style with oxidized silver baskets. I think I've saved one vendor on Etsy that does it.

there you go:

even as small huggies these look great

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
So i have an old cut pear pendant project in the works with David Klass. I have had this pic saved for like 3 years! It's from an etsy vendor, it's a 'cheap' CZ pendant, which is why i didnt buy it, but i love it and figured I'd do it with a lab diamond.

Jemma Wynne also does them but they're like $12k lol. then out of no where i saw CVB posted an exact copy of the Shan Adams design one last week, too!

But this is the Shan Adams original one i have had saved for YEARS, i just love it!

If you want to do the earrings, the blackened gold colette like this might be cheaper than the onyx

Anyway, i am doing it with a pear, and i am like you , i want it to be everyday wear and i wear leggings daily

IMG_1411.jpg

IMG_1412.jpg

IMG_1413.jpg

this is Jemmy Wynne's take

bracelet:
I could see this with the Old Mine with a blackened collete !
IMG_6953.jpg

Jemma Wynne Pendant on leather

IMG_1410.jpg

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Nice one! Can also do it Georgian style with oxidized silver baskets. I think I've saved one vendor on Etsy that does it.

there you go:

even as small huggies these look great

hahaha OMG, we posted this at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
So i have an old cut pear pendant project in the works with David Klass. I have had this pic saved for like 3 years! It's from an etsy vendor, it's a 'cheap' CZ pendant, which is why i didnt buy it, but i love it and figured I'd do it with a lab diamond.

Jemma Wynne also does them but they're like $12k lol. then out of no where i saw CVB posted an exact copy of the Shan Adams design one last week, too!

But this is the Shan Adams original one i have had saved for YEARS, i just love it!

If you want to do the earrings, the blackened gold colette like this might be cheaper than the onyx

Anyway, i am doing it with a pear, and i am like you , i want it to be everyday wear and i wear leggings daily

IMG_1411.jpg

IMG_1412.jpg

IMG_1413.jpg

this is Jemmy Wynne's take

bracelet:
I could see this with the Old Mine with a blackened collete !
IMG_6953.jpg

Jemma Wynne Pendant on leather

IMG_1410.jpg

Bahahahaha I know all these well, they've been saved on my IG for ages I prefer the look of the onyx but agree that a blackened collet will be significantly cheaper and achieve a similar effect from normal earrings viewing distance... I do love that contrast between the YG setting and the onyx halo, though. Wondering if doing something similar in enamel would be more affordable as an intermediate option...

PS I love the pear with the halo. Normally I hate halos. I'd never wear that one but when I look at it I feel like I need it

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok team, I need ideas.

I somewhat impulsively purchased this lovely OMC and don't know what to do with it! It's 7.5 x 7.2mm with a high crown and teeny table. Colourless, the pic is a bit messy looking but it's VS1 and completely eye clean.

I have two diamond RHRs in the works at the moment already. I have no desire for an "alternative engagement ring". I toyed with the idea of a ring with stepped baguettes, ziggurat style, but I don't think it would get enough wear.

I was thinking a necklace of some sort...I already have a a perfect OEC milgrain bezel pendant on a shortish chain, in WG. Wouldn't be averse to some sort of lariat or longer pendant to wear with V necks and button-downs - but it would have to be "everyday-friendly". I don't wear brooches or pins.

My style is usually fairly minimalist and modern. Only historical era of jewellery I really love is the hyper-geometric Art Deco. Definitely no filigree, no scrollwork, etc. I could come at some take on Georgian, not averse to different metals (including oxidised). Would do onyx or enamel. Or try me on something out of left field! I love this stone and would like to make it into something I can enjoy often.

Screenshot_20240524-191850.png

this is a lab diamond? The cut is so authentic!

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock

Like I have already said, we could be friends based solely on your taste in jewelry. LOVE these!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Like I have already said, we could be friends based solely on your taste in jewelry. LOVE these!

Haha, you're like my style mentor! Do you think this would work in the squarish shape? I'll talk to David about what he thinks is possible, before having the second stone cut.

I wonder if I could have them made as dangles/charms, and then they could potentially double as pendants...on a heavyish chain with a claspy thing to attach the pendant (sorry for non-jewellery speak, I don't know what it's called!)...

Could I even wangle some kind of chain that could accept a lariat extension type thing that I could attach or detach?

Mind swimming with ideas...shame ideas are expensive

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results