shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Trying to find a bridal emerald set

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I'm getting married very soon (in June), and am looking for an emerald and yellow gold, earring & necklace/pendant set for my wedding jewelry...just wondering if anyone had seen anything good lately? My budget is around $2k. I would go a little higher for something really special.

I have been talking with Sally at HOW but she wasn't able to find the "neon" green stones that I wanted at this time...I'm attaching a pic of the stones she did find, and would appreciate some feedback on what you think about the stones. I was hoping for the brighter kind, but maybe these are nice...not sure about the cutting...I'm not committed to buying them, but time is running short!

I have a strapless dress and lots of "room" to fill in my neck/chest area, so nothing too small...

Thanks in advance for any leads or advice!

icm_70.jpg

icm_71.jpg

icm_72.jpg

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Any thoughts on the emeralds posted? Waiting for some opinions! ;-)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are the mm sizes and ct weight? Are all 6 emeralds a total of $2K? Your budget isn't a lot if you are looking to make a suite, so I don't think it is reasonable to expect glowy emeralds. I cannot tell anything about the cut due to the angle of the stones in the photographs.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Would you consider costume pieces? Jambalaya mentioned there's a website selling high quality costume pieces but I don't know the site's name. Slightly off topic my favourite emerald earring are the ones worn by Angelina Jolie some years ago at the Oscars.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hmmm I think those are definitely really pretty stones, but I agree that if you were hoping for "glowy" then these don't quite accomplish that.

I've seen some really glowy emeralds from Yvonne, and I just briefly looked at her store to see what was available. Here are a few things that might catch your eye :)

These two are already complete pieces, and personally I love them, but see what you think
https://www.etsy.com/listing/291300453/sale-14-kt-rose-gold-art-deco-style-9?ref=shop_home_active_17
https://www.etsy.com/listing/277546348/sale-hexagon-stud-earrings-in-14-k-rose?ref=shop_home_active_21

The next two are loose stone sets, so perhaps she could make you a necklace/earring set in budget?
https://www.etsy.com/listing/269392421/sale-kenyan-tsavorite-suite-of-five?ga_search_query=emerald&ref=shop_items_search_25
https://www.etsy.com/listing/247271848/sale-colombian-emerald-matched-pair-4mm?ga_search_query=emerald&ref=shop_items_search_38

ETA: would you consider a bright/glowy peridot, or is that just going to be a color you dont love? Obviously I only ask because peridot is much more price friendly :) But totally understand if your heart is set on emerald.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
By going from the picture, the emeralds you have posted are pretty and will make a beautiful set.
But if it is not what your minds eye has - I doubt you'll find brighter /better quality emeralds and stay in budget without downsizing gem size. And you did state you wanted it to be a sizable piece....
You have not said if there is sentimental reason for the emerald choice, so if there is none,
If you don't want to go man made emerald/ costume peices how open minded are you?
I think malachite could be stunning

And budget be damned Katie bar the door! Sigh...gem silica

Best wishes and post updates!

_3346.jpeg

_3351.jpeg

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was also curious about size and whether the budget includes the setting.

lovedogs|1462061070|4025641 said:
hmmm I think those are definitely really pretty stones, but I agree that if you were hoping for "glowy" then these don't quite accomplish that.

I've seen some really glowy emeralds from Yvonne, and I just briefly looked at her store to see what was available. Here are a few things that might catch your eye :)

These two are already complete pieces, and personally I love them, but see what you think
https://www.etsy.com/listing/291300453/sale-14-kt-rose-gold-art-deco-style-9?ref=shop_home_active_17

I would definitely contact her though as her emeralds are great (I just bought some in fact) and she may be able to get others.

fwiw - I know its rose gold where your are looking for yellow, but I've seen the above pendant from Yvonne and it's gorgeous...usually her pendants are too small for my taste but this one has presence (she has a neck shot if you scroll over). In fact, I have been trying to talk myself out of it since her sale but already have too much committed in other projects. If the pendant isn't what you are looking for, you may want to still consider doing a cluster smaller emeralds -- it will give you the larger effect but allow you to buy nicer small emeralds withing budget.

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Desert Rose

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

I like Lilmosun's idea of smaller but better quality emeralds. What about pave?

you could do pave for the pendant and even consider adding a few tiny emerald rondelle beads scattered in the chain

For earrings you could still have the same shape you had in mind but use emeralds for the rounds and maybe natural zircons (white) for the pears. The zircons would reflect a lot of light and add volume while the glowy emerald rounds would be the stars

or for a completely different idea you could have some tassel earrings and a pendant made with Colombian emerald rounds. I have purchased some high quality Colombian emerald rondelle beads and the color is just spectacular!

Good Luck

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results