Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Tiffany Schlumberger Rings on eBay

SparklePolo

Rough_Rock
I'm helping my dad with a gift hunt for my mom's birthday. She's always liked the Schlumberger 16 Stone Diamond Ring, so I started my search on eBay and found a few below.

With the pandemic going on, I won't be able to get the ring authenticated at a Tiffany store, so I'm hoping my fellow PSers can help! TIA

Pinot Noir

Rough_Rock
I'm helping my dad with a gift hunt for my mom's birthday. She's always liked the Schlumberger 16 Stone Diamond Ring, so I started my search on eBay and found a few below.

With the pandemic going on, I won't be able to get the ring authenticated at a Tiffany store, so I'm hoping my fellow PSers can help! TIA

Hi @SparklePolo!
I do sell on eBay myself and let me comment on your links.
First link and second link: photos are not of actual items most likely. So it is impossible to say whether ring is authentic or not. But I know the first seller and it is quite reliable.
Third one: I bought from her myself and was sent a replica. Look in this forum about fake Schlumberger rings. I am thinking of starting a thread to discuss these particular rings, their history and how to tell replica from the original.
Hope that helps!

SparklePolo

Rough_Rock
Hi @SparklePolo!
I do sell on eBay myself and let me comment on your links.
First link and second link: photos are not of actual items most likely. So it is impossible to say whether ring is authentic or not. But I know the first seller and it is quite reliable.
Third one: I bought from her myself and was sent a replica. Look in this forum about fake Schlumberger rings. I am thinking of starting a thread to discuss these particular rings, their history and how to tell replica from the original.
Hope that helps!
Thank you @Pinot Noir! I haven't pulled the trigger yet due to concerns of replicas. This is a widely known ring with so many fake ones out there. I'm sorry you received a replica from a dishonest seller and hope you were able to get a full refund! :mad:

I'd very much appreciate a thread on these rings! =)2

Pinot Noir

Rough_Rock
Thank you @Pinot Noir! I haven't pulled the trigger yet due to concerns of replicas. This is a widely known ring with so many fake ones out there. I'm sorry you received a replica from a dishonest seller and hope you were able to get a full refund! :mad:

I'd very much appreciate a thread on these rings! =)2
No worries @SparklePolo!
It's been quite some time since that and I got over it :) At least it forced me to do quite a bit of research on the whole Schlumberger line (still ongoing).

What I would recommend: looking for a ring with at least some documents like original Tiffany valuation report but these are rare unfortunately. I have one currently which comes with the original docs but it is a bit too small about size 5.25.
Another option is to look for one with at least third party valuation papers as well: not perfect but better than nothing.
With regards to engraving: Tiffany used different style of engraving over the years (lasered, embossed, different fonts), so always good to see pics of actual engraving inside the ring. Same thing applies to Cartier as well: for example, there is no single engraving standard for Love bracelets: it has been fluctuating over the years, I suppose this way they also try to protect themselves against replicas.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.