shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Thinking of ordering non-refundable tennis bracelet from Signed Pieces

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi all,

I am looking for a 2-3 ctw diamond tennis bracelet (18kt white gold or platinum) and have investigated several PS-recommended vendors. So far, Signed Pieces has the best price for what I''m seeking. They state the stones would be "ideal or premium" cut.

However, I have small wrists and normally get bracelets sized down (to ~6 inches). Ordering in this smaller size right off the bat would save me ~$500. However, Signed Pieces has let me know that a bracelet in this size could NOT be returned for a refund, or even store credit (ie: would be difficult to resell).

So, what should I do? I know they have a good reputation here, but I''ve never ordered from them before and am nervous to do so knowing I wouldn''t have any recourse in the unlikely event I find an issue with the piece once I get it.

Another option is just to order the bracelet in the standard size (so it would be refundable), and then assuming I love it when I get it, just have it sized down by a local jeweler. However, in that case I would pay for an extra 1.25 inches of diamonds and metal that I don''t really need. (I could order the bracelet for 6" and get it in platinum for the same price.)

Ah, the dilemma! I welcome any suggestions or advice. :)

Thanks,

Anne

PS - Signed Pieces (Pawel) has been very helpful answering my questions by email. I was also corresponding with people at Wink Jones / Winfields (Melissa/Wink) for awhile, and they were helpful also. :)

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
Why don''t you see if singed pieces will send you the bracelet to try out and then you can custom order it in a smaller size? I have pretty small wrists myself so I understand where you''re coming from - lots of standard braclets will just slip off my hand. Also, make sure you don''t go too small - you don''t want it too tight.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Have you tried on all types of styles--do get an idea of exactly how it would look? I recommend a trip out to your favorite local jewellery haunts to get an idea, and once you have decided on the "look", then order it in the "size" you need.

cheers--Sharon

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Sharon,

Yes, I often go to local shops to get an in-person idea of what I''m shopping for online. In this case, I went to the oh-so-evil Birks store in Montreal (ie: they always give such bad service, but they do have the largest selection of in-stock bracelets that I could find). That''s how I knew 2-3 ctw would be a good size for me, and would go well with some of the other jewelry I wear.

I *am* sure that ~6" is the right length for me, as I have a small diamond channel-set bracelet in that length. I cannot stand jewelry sliding around too much on my wrists!! lol

Thanks all for the input,

Anne

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I think winternight has a good suggestion. I have a signed pieces eternity band and am very happy with it.

Before ordering something non refundable, I would suggest looking at the item itself first in the stock size and then order smaller.

They are honest people and I did return something to them before and they refunded me promptly.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/11/2007 10:40:00 AM
Author: anne_h
Hi Sharon,

Yes, I often go to local shops to get an in-person idea of what I'm shopping for online. In this case, I went to the oh-so-evil Birks store in Montreal (ie: they always give such bad service, but they do have the largest selection of in-stock bracelets that I could find). That's how I knew 2-3 ctw would be a good size for me, and would go well with some of the other jewelry I wear.

I *am* sure that ~6' is the right length for me, as I have a small diamond channel-set bracelet in that length. I cannot stand jewelry sliding around too much on my wrists!! lol

Thanks all for the input,

Anne
HI Anne:

I often go to Birks (Calgary) to window shop, but rarely buy there. Their service is good, just toooooooo expensive. I must admit to being very tempted by some gorgeous Kwait diamond earrings
3.gif
. Good luck on your search. I have dealt with both Signed Pieces and Wink Jones (custom diamond bangle) and both were great vendors.

cheers--Sharon

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I''d do what someone else suggested - order it in the standard size so you can see it. Then "return it" (refundable) and order it in the size you want.

This would let you see the general look and workmanship. From there, if there are any craftsmanship issues on your specific piece, SP would make them right.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi anne h. I have a 7-carat three-prong tennis bracelet from Signed Pieces. I also have a small wrist and wound up going with a standard size. I figured that if I ever want to upgrade, a standard bracelet would be easier to sell/trade in.

Winternight and Sharon have good suggestions - you should understand 100% what the bracelet will look like before you order it. There are a lot of different ways a tennis bracelet can be configured - 3-prong, 4-prong, half-bezel, etc. There is a lot of variation even among 4-prong settings. Some maximize the diamonds'' exposure to light, some are really high polish with lots of metal showing from the side-view, some have swoopy V-shaped prongs, etc.

I think your best bet is to really understand what you are ordering. I''m sure you will be very happy with the Signed Pieces bracelet otherwise - the diamonds are a very nice quality. If you think you may want to upgrade at some point, get a standard size and have links removed. If this is it for you, get the bracelet in your size to start with.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results