shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Sidestones for cushion? (and pix too!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
SO, I've decided that I "NEED" sidestones!
11.gif
I am seriously pushing my luck. I don't want to wear a band with the ring...so I think sidestones might look good...

Anyone have pix?

I was thinking .35 each cushion stones? Is that two small? How about .50? (the center is 2.13ct and 7.94X7.82) I would LOVE larger...but NOT going to happen....Any thoughts???

Here is the stone!! And big ups to SevensOne for helping me post!

picone.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
!

pictwo.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In order of prefference (mine, ''can''t know yours ;-) ):

- brilliant cut tappered bullets (these are narrower - cover the band and finger but let the center stand out)
- half moon (large relative to the center - adding up to diamond finger cover and a flower-like appearence of the ring)
- trilliants (not too large, would just play up the precise geometry of the cushion)

Actually, there is something else I would give my vote to... but I am not sure what their official name is. Let me see if I can found a sample.

Do you have a picture of that baby loose ?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Brilliant tapered bullets!!!! Interesting!!!! and economical!!!
No pix lose
7.gif
Sorry!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring MMM. Are there any hand pics?

I think I like Valeria''s suggestion of the tapered bullets the best. That cushion is so outstanding that I would want it''s shape to really stand out!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! :)

I can't find any pix with bullets..is this ok? These are "shield" cuts...(look like trills to me)

No hand pix b/c I have huge man hands
7.gif
So, keep that in mind....

There is a pic of a three stone cushion on danielk.net (but can't get it to download)....
Mark is looking into .40 each for me...he just emailed me! :) We'll see how much they are and how they would look...but I love these other suggestions!

shld.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
unnamedyellowcushiondiamond.jpg

This one has multiple (tapered?) baugettes on the side for a unique look.

Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
graffcushioncutdiamond.bmp

I think Ana mentioned these side stones already.

Sharon

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok... these are what I mentioned above (called ''kite'', but not always so).
For some reason, I see your stone as geometrical rendition of a flower bud... in need of two leaf or petal shaped sides
5.gif

Kitesides.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
25855a.JPG

25855c.JPG
Step cut moons, pictures courtesty of Diamonds by Lauren website

Sharon

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/1/2004 9:50
6.gif
1 AM
Author: moremoremore
No pix lose
7.gif
Sorry!
Normally, I would like to show a plate of sides on some dark desk cover for you to match your cushion with, but there is this darn screen in the way
39.gif

The next best would be to do the same using matched images of your stone and sides. Can''t hurt. What is your ring size MMM ?

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
I think these side stones look like winners to me....

shld.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys!!! No one really like cushion sides, huh?

Ana...my size is too big...I just can''t say it
39.gif
But trust me, it would NOT overpower my finger
6.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/1/2004 11
6.gif
1:42 AM

Ana...my size is too big...I just can''t say it
39.gif
But trust me, it would NOT overpower my finger
6.gif
Well, as you wish. As the ring looks in the picture, I would say you may want some long but not very thin sides (pears, or kites, or a cluster of taperred baguettes if you find the right seting) so that you end up with most of the finger top covered. Narrow sides (half moons, cushions) would just make a ''cluster'' in the middle on a large ring. Of course I don''t know how big is that, but these two ''looks'' are both feasible by ading sides.

DBL has a bunch of cushion-with-sides examples (you know, right?) and those types of sidestones are not their only - you should be able to have whichever you wish :)

TriciaKirk

Rough_Rock
Here is a cushion with cushion side stones. I like it but I have some others to attach also.

3-Cushion2.jpeg

TriciaKirk

Rough_Rock
Cushion with traps - like this also.

Cush_trap.jpeg

TriciaKirk

Rough_Rock
Cushion with half moons - can you tell that I love cushions also? I have my own file.

CushionHM.jpeg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
GULP. My heart just did a little dance when I saw the cushion three stone. Where did you find those beauties??? I love all that have been posted...I will check out the DBL site for more examples...I really do like the one Morticia likes the best...and the three cushion...my side stones will be much smaller tho!!! At least for now!
11.gif

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I love the cushion with the half moon side stones!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Nice! Not sure I like the three stone cushion. I just think it might take away from your beautiful center cushion, which I LOVE LOVE LOVE! I gave my BF Mark T''s info, in case he looks for a cushion for me. I still can''t decide b/t a cushion or an asscher.
33.gif

cushioncut

Shiny_Rock
You don't call yourself more more more for nothing, do you!

I decided to go with pave -- but before I did, I was going to go with tapered baguettes like this one from Harry Winston. This setting is really elegant, IMO, and having step cut sidestones will not take away from your stunning center stone. I know LM makes something very similar... it's on his site.

I think if you want more bling though, small cushion sidestones would be very nice as well.

I can't wait to see this finished product!

bagettes2.jpg

cushioncut

Shiny_Rock
Plus, how could you go wrong, this is the same ring Bob gave Estella on the Bachelor!

I saw this combo in person, and it is very pretty!

Bob.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are about 5mm/4mm rectangular cushions :)

MMM3c.JPG

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
Whoa. That's a gorgeous 3 stone. I may need to ask for that as my anniversary ring.
2.gif
I need the e-ring and to be married first, but I will definitely ask for that someday.
2.gif

I'm pretty sure my BF wishes I never found this site....
25.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
ANA....MY EYEBALLS JUST JUUUUMMMPPPPEEEDDDD OUT OF THE SOCKETS!!! LOL

It just SPEAKS to me. I don''t know why. I think that''s my answer. (but I DO really like the Morticia ring)....I like the half rounds but think it would make the center stone look more round...hmmm. I like the baguettes too...Heck...I like them all LOL. My hesitation with the baguettes is that my girlfriend has them...that''s a stupid reason not to do it I guess...

But OMG. How the heck did you do that??? That truly is spectacular!!!! Thank you so much!!!! All of you!!!

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
If it speaks to you, you should go for it. It''s not everyday that one sees a cushion three stone ring. Holy moly, that''s a gorgeous ring!
6.gif
30.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Ana that three stone configuration is incredible. Wow.

katbadness

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/1/2004 12
6.gif
2:25 PM
ANA....MY EYEBALLS JUST JUUUUMMMPPPPEEEDDDD OUT OF THE SOCKETS!!! LOL

It just SPEAKS to me. I don''t know why. I think that''s my answer. (but I DO really like the Morticia ring)....I like the half rounds but think it would make the center stone look more round...hmmm. I like the baguettes too...Heck...I like them all LOL. My hesitation with the baguettes is that my girlfriend has them...that''s a stupid reason not to do it I guess...

But OMG. How the heck did you do that??? That truly is spectacular!!!! Thank you so much!!!! All of you!!!

I tell you... Ana has MAD Photoshop skills!!
31.gif

MMM, I''d say go for your 3 cushion ring!!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Then again...there is this one...that I like, then don''t, then like again...

Or should I screw it and just leave it alone and get a diamond band???

(Reality= get nothing LOL)

pavelikey.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
face22.gif
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Decisions, Decisions

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL...yeah right, sevens!
Are these really shields?

shlds.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results