shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! should I buy this stone!!!!!!!

DaniJ

Rough_Rock
hi guys i need opinions on this stone! please help!

specs are:
SHAPE: Round
CUT: True Hearts Excellent
CARAT WEIGHT: 0.80
COLOR: I
CLARITY: SI1 (eye clean)
POLISH: Excellent
SYMMETRY: Excellent
FLUORESCENCE: None
L/W/D (MM): 6.01*6.04*3.66
L/W RATIO: 1.00
DEPTH %: 60.80
TABLE %: 56.00
CROWN ANGLE:33.5
PAVILLION ANGLE:40.8
GIRDLE: Thin - Medium
CULET: None
CERTIFICATE: GIA

HCA SCORE: .8
light return:excellent
fire: excellent
scintilllation:excellent
spread: very good

any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

0e8a7920-d7a1-4d93-8353-0377544af048.jpg dccdb5d0-f338-4c00-9c68-01de1f65b3f5.jpg 03e105ef-0274-4aad-bf92-895a8c38e76a.jpg 8b460df3-7a22-41e4-ab68-5a5af961e49c.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks decent...have you compared prices?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it definitely looks like a possibility. I'm with Tyty though - compare specs and prices - you never know what you might find!

DaniJ

Rough_Rock
hi! I have been looking nonstop! is there any red flags that would make you hesitate to purchase? Does the aset and idealscope look ok in your opinion? I will keep looking and post any alternatives!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I might be a little concerned about the clarity.

DaniJ

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1456201293|3994285 said:
I might be a little concerned about the clarity.

Hi diamond seeker! Concerned because it is S1? Gia certificate says crystal and cloud. Are you worried that inclusions may cause problems?! I am new to all of this so any information is super helpful!!! Also diamond is eyeclean if that was concern!

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it's the stone I think it is, doesn't seem that you have it on it. Can you put a hold on the diamond (so it doesn't get snatched out from under you by a lurker) & then post the link to the listing so folks here can view the video (and the price)?

DaniJ

Rough_Rock
MollyMalone|1456205072|3994309 said:
If it's the stone I think it is, doesn't seem that you have it on it. Can you put a hold on the diamond (so it doesn't get snatched out from under you by a lurker) & then post the link to the listing so folks here can view the video (and the price)?

Sorry for the delayed response! I have had a crazy work week but have been dying to give an update! The stone is on hold!!!! I don't have a link to a video but I went and looked at the stone in person!!! I think it is absolutely gorgeous and soooooo sparkly! I met with Yekutiel from I.D. jewelry (who I learned about here on pricescope) and he was soooo amazing and so patient! I can't remember the original price but Yekutiel gave me a discount and the stone is $3000 (which is completely in our budget and a bigger size too!) I took a few videos and photos of the stone in a setting I liked. The fire and scintillation are insane to my eyes so many colors reflecting! I wish I could post a video so you could see it in action! It's completely eye clean too! Even within inches of my face I couldn't see any inclusions all I saw was sparkles sparkles sparkles! (Also the diamond is not mounted it is just sitting in setting, those are not final prongs etc)

A few ring shots from an iPhone video
image_4258.jpg

Low res fire and scintillation screen grabs from a video
image_4259.jpg

Downsy

Shiny_Rock
I am pretty sure that was the stone that I recently looked at first for my daughter (with her future fiance)! Yekuteil said it was absolutely gorgeous in person but my daughter was set on a bit larger size so we passed on that stone. But when he sent me photos & video of it - I thought it was beautiful.

I'm happy to see someone has jumped on it! (I hope you did!)

DaniJ

Rough_Rock
Downsy|1456495592|3995997 said:
I am pretty sure that was the stone that I recently looked at first for my daughter (with her future fiance)! Yekuteil said it was absolutely gorgeous in person but my daughter was set on a bit larger size so we passed on that stone. But when he sent me photos & video of it - I thought it was beautiful.

I'm happy to see someone has jumped on it! (I hope you did!)

Thanks Downsy! I think it is beautiful and i'm happy you think so too if it is indeed the same stone! My boyfriend put it on hold—he wants the proposal to be a surprise so he didn't want me to be a part of the purchase. The suspense is killing me! He may already have it or he may be in the process I am officially out of the loop. Did your daughter end up finding something bigger? what size was/is she looking for? I love that you are helping her! I have been sending my mom pictures nonstop! Initially we looked at a .6 carat then 2 different .8 carats. I could really see the difference in size so we agreed that the larger was better on my hand. I was torn about looking for something a little bigger since this one came in under budget. I think 1 carat would suit my finger nicely (I'm a size 5 ring) but ID jewelry has an excellent upgrade policy so I can always go bigger later! I only wear one silver ring that my boyfriend made for me in a metals class (we both went to art school) so i think the .8 carats is a huge difference! I'm sure I will get used to it :angel:

Downsy

Shiny_Rock
The first stone yekutiel showed me was a H &A .80 I SI1, so I'm thinking it's the same stone and it was beautiful in the video he sent. I asked him to look for something a bit bigger and he showed me a .90 J. It was really pretty, but my daughter is color sensitive and had her heart set on 1 carat. I asked yekutiel to keep looking - I wanted something that had an HCA under 2, and my daughters criteria was no visible flaws, 1 carat and she didn't care if it was very good cut vs excellent. He found an beautiful 1 ct very good cut with a 1.7 HCA, I color and very eye clean. The budget had to go up a bit but it was the perfect stone for her. She picked out several Gabriel & Co. Settings on IDJ's website and yekutiel stocked one she liked so that's what was ordered. She only saw it 1 time in the video and she hasn't seen the 1 ct.diamond At all. The proposal won't happen till this summer, but her boyfriend is thrilled beyond belief that the ring purchase is behind him!!! (My daughter is ULTRA picky - God bless this young man. lol). He has it in a safety deposit box till summer and she won't see it in person till then. I love the ring! I know she will too. Her boyfriend was in on all this too!!! Not just me, but he wanted me involved because he knew that I know my daughter's taste!

Good luck and congrats! I know you will love your ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results