shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! should I buy this stone!!!!!!!

DaniJ

Rough_Rock
hi guys i need opinions on this stone! please help!

specs are:
SHAPE: Round
CUT: True Hearts Excellent
CARAT WEIGHT: 0.80
COLOR: I
CLARITY: SI1 (eye clean)
POLISH: Excellent
SYMMETRY: Excellent
FLUORESCENCE: None
L/W/D (MM): 6.01*6.04*3.66
L/W RATIO: 1.00
DEPTH %: 60.80
TABLE %: 56.00
CROWN ANGLE:33.5
PAVILLION ANGLE:40.8
GIRDLE: Thin - Medium
CULET: None
CERTIFICATE: GIA

HCA SCORE: .8
light return:excellent
fire: excellent
scintilllation:excellent
spread: very good

any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

0e8a7920-d7a1-4d93-8353-0377544af048.jpg dccdb5d0-f338-4c00-9c68-01de1f65b3f5.jpg 03e105ef-0274-4aad-bf92-895a8c38e76a.jpg 8b460df3-7a22-41e4-ab68-5a5af961e49c.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks decent...have you compared prices?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it definitely looks like a possibility. I'm with Tyty though - compare specs and prices - you never know what you might find!

DaniJ

Rough_Rock
hi! I have been looking nonstop! is there any red flags that would make you hesitate to purchase? Does the aset and idealscope look ok in your opinion? I will keep looking and post any alternatives!

DaniJ

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1456201293|3994285 said:
I might be a little concerned about the clarity.

Hi diamond seeker! Concerned because it is S1? Gia certificate says crystal and cloud. Are you worried that inclusions may cause problems?! I am new to all of this so any information is super helpful!!! Also diamond is eyeclean if that was concern!

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it's the stone I think it is, doesn't seem that you have it on it. Can you put a hold on the diamond (so it doesn't get snatched out from under you by a lurker) & then post the link to the listing so folks here can view the video (and the price)?

DaniJ

Rough_Rock
MollyMalone|1456205072|3994309 said:
If it's the stone I think it is, doesn't seem that you have it on it. Can you put a hold on the diamond (so it doesn't get snatched out from under you by a lurker) & then post the link to the listing so folks here can view the video (and the price)?

Sorry for the delayed response! I have had a crazy work week but have been dying to give an update! The stone is on hold!!!! I don't have a link to a video but I went and looked at the stone in person!!! I think it is absolutely gorgeous and soooooo sparkly! I met with Yekutiel from I.D. jewelry (who I learned about here on pricescope) and he was soooo amazing and so patient! I can't remember the original price but Yekutiel gave me a discount and the stone is $3000 (which is completely in our budget and a bigger size too!) I took a few videos and photos of the stone in a setting I liked. The fire and scintillation are insane to my eyes so many colors reflecting! I wish I could post a video so you could see it in action! It's completely eye clean too! Even within inches of my face I couldn't see any inclusions all I saw was sparkles sparkles sparkles! (Also the diamond is not mounted it is just sitting in setting, those are not final prongs etc)

A few ring shots from an iPhone video
image_4258.jpg

Low res fire and scintillation screen grabs from a video
image_4259.jpg

Downsy

Shiny_Rock
I am pretty sure that was the stone that I recently looked at first for my daughter (with her future fiance)! Yekuteil said it was absolutely gorgeous in person but my daughter was set on a bit larger size so we passed on that stone. But when he sent me photos & video of it - I thought it was beautiful.

I'm happy to see someone has jumped on it! (I hope you did!)

DaniJ

Rough_Rock
Downsy|1456495592|3995997 said:
I am pretty sure that was the stone that I recently looked at first for my daughter (with her future fiance)! Yekuteil said it was absolutely gorgeous in person but my daughter was set on a bit larger size so we passed on that stone. But when he sent me photos & video of it - I thought it was beautiful.

I'm happy to see someone has jumped on it! (I hope you did!)

Thanks Downsy! I think it is beautiful and i'm happy you think so too if it is indeed the same stone! My boyfriend put it on hold—he wants the proposal to be a surprise so he didn't want me to be a part of the purchase. The suspense is killing me! He may already have it or he may be in the process I am officially out of the loop. Did your daughter end up finding something bigger? what size was/is she looking for? I love that you are helping her! I have been sending my mom pictures nonstop! Initially we looked at a .6 carat then 2 different .8 carats. I could really see the difference in size so we agreed that the larger was better on my hand. I was torn about looking for something a little bigger since this one came in under budget. I think 1 carat would suit my finger nicely (I'm a size 5 ring) but ID jewelry has an excellent upgrade policy so I can always go bigger later! I only wear one silver ring that my boyfriend made for me in a metals class (we both went to art school) so i think the .8 carats is a huge difference! I'm sure I will get used to it :angel:

Downsy

Shiny_Rock
The first stone yekutiel showed me was a H &A .80 I SI1, so I'm thinking it's the same stone and it was beautiful in the video he sent. I asked him to look for something a bit bigger and he showed me a .90 J. It was really pretty, but my daughter is color sensitive and had her heart set on 1 carat. I asked yekutiel to keep looking - I wanted something that had an HCA under 2, and my daughters criteria was no visible flaws, 1 carat and she didn't care if it was very good cut vs excellent. He found an beautiful 1 ct very good cut with a 1.7 HCA, I color and very eye clean. The budget had to go up a bit but it was the perfect stone for her. She picked out several Gabriel & Co. Settings on IDJ's website and yekutiel stocked one she liked so that's what was ordered. She only saw it 1 time in the video and she hasn't seen the 1 ct.diamond At all. The proposal won't happen till this summer, but her boyfriend is thrilled beyond belief that the ring purchase is behind him!!! (My daughter is ULTRA picky - God bless this young man. lol). He has it in a safety deposit box till summer and she won't see it in person till then. I love the ring! I know she will too. Her boyfriend was in on all this too!!! Not just me, but he wanted me involved because he knew that I know my daughter's taste!

Good luck and congrats! I know you will love your ring!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Guess What: Dispersion and Fire Aren't the Same Thing
    Men In Pearls
    Men In Pearls
    Celebrating The Life Of Elsa Peretti
    Celebrating The Life Of Elsa Peretti

Need expert help finding that diamonds?

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.