shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Rude SA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ma1lyc

Rough_Rock
I am extremely upset so i decided to come on here to vent and seek advice. Here is the situation, i have finally found the dream setting for my ring and decided to get them to source out the diamond for it as well. Because i live in canada and most of the diamonds here are certified by Gemscan, i decided i wanted my diamond to be certified by GIA OR AGS and was told that it would take longer to find one in my specific specs that i wanted in my diamond. This is fine since my fi and i are in no rush, i would rather have them take their time and effort in finding me a perfect diamond. well that was in Dec 2006 and so far i have received 2 phone calls on the diamonds they found but all of them were not certified by gia or ags so they kept looking.This jeweller does not run on commision so all of the SA work together, so im dealing with about 2-3 people. i''m always in that area so i pass by very often and i usually pop in to look at my ring or show it to my friends, well its march now and the last i heard of an update was over a month ago so i popped in to ask about any updates and the SA who never worked with me before didn;t know much about me and i let her know that i haven''t heard for a month or so, so i was just wondering if there was any updates for me. She told me she will speak to the other SA and get back to me. Well i came back about 5 days later with my friend to show her the ring, i approached the man working there that day and told him who i was, and he starts accusing me of getting them in trouble from the boss claiming that i told the other SA that no one has called me EVER to update me, which wasn''t true at all!!! he said " i was very upset when i was told that no one called to update you because i know for a fact that i have called you myself one time a month ago, and you shouldn''t say stuff like that because we get in trouble from the boss when he hears that" I was speachless and taken back beucase i came in wanting to just show a ring and was greeted with accusations that never happened. If i was older he would have never spoken to me that way, im 22 so he prob thought he could speak to me that way and because i turned down the other diamonds they found he prob thought i was some young kid who was wasting their time being picky.. i dun know... but i love the setting.. my friend told me to take my business else where, my sister told me that clearly the boss appreciated my business and i should just talk to him directly.... how should i handle this maturely because clearly this wouldnt have happened if this was an older person.

sorry for the gammar and spelling, it''s 4 am !!! and im delirious from lack of sleep and fumming lol

thanks for reading this long vent lol
29.gif

analyticangel

Rough_Rock
Do you have either a description or a picture of the setting?
There are so many experienced people in this forum that often help with setting advice or locating settings if given either a description or picture?

At least then you will have other options and may not feel "forced" to stick with them

To me relaible great customer service and honest feedback about the stone is the most important part of the transaction.

If you are a having trouble buying the stone from them how will you be treated if you have a bigger problem?

Regardless of your age, you should be treated with respect . Read some of the comments in this forum about the different vendors . I woud feel comfortable buying from many of them and the fact that they participate in these forums says something

Yes it is good for their business but they are much more transparent in their transactions than any other place and you really get a feel for how well they educate and treat customers.

Dont give up !!
I agree with your friend that you should consider taking your business elsewhere to get exactly what you want

[email protected]

Rough_Rock
If you can draw the setting out or take a picture of it, or perhaps they even have it in the store catalogue. A lot of shops and internet companies can duplicate the setting if you like it that much.

It would be a pity for you to have to do business with them just because you like the setting they have in stock. You''ll still have to see them quite often for prong checks and cleaning after the purchase.

I hope you find what you''re looking for!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry you have had this upsetting experience. I am 35 and I wouldn''t dream of being so disrespectful and unpleasant to a customer - whatever their age!

If I was you I would just buy the setting as you obviously love it very much. I would then start to work with an online vendor - such as Whiteflash or GOG or Wink at Winfields and let them source your perfect diamond. They will be able to set your stone for you too and I would think you would also pay a lot less - even with any import tax you may have to pay.

Buying your engagement ring should be a happy and fun time - don''t let these ungracious and petty sales assistants ruin your special time.

Good luck!

Maisie

widget

Ideal_Rock
I do hope you can post a picture, or describe the setting you want. Unless it''s a one-of-a-kind custom piece, I''m sure that mounting found.

I wouldn''t do business with these people. Even if they hadn''t been disrespectful and beyond rude, they''ve taken far too long finding a satisfactory diamond for you.

I would most definitely take my business elsewhere...
29.gif

widget

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Pick a great diamond from an Internet vendor and have it shipped to any of the appraisers in the USA near the border where you reside or somewhere in the USA where you might go for a long weekend vacation. Take a nice little trip once you have all the information from the third party appraiser and go pick up your diamond or diamond ring. You will get the diamond you always wanted, the price will be right, and there will be no issue about politeness.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
few thoughts....

one - there are other places to do business... including in the US. Sure, that results in some issues, but nothing you cannot overcome...

two - if you REALLY want to do business with *that* store, I would *insist* on working only with the manager, and yet I would not bad mouth (even justifiably) any of the employees.

three - if you decide to go elsewhere, I would write a note to the mgr stating exactly WHY you are taking your business elsewhere, including this most recent confrontation. If the sales people are in trouble, they deserve to be.

Four - no matter what, I wouldn''t get into a war of words with any of the employees.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just my opinion.

It seems ridicules to me that your store can not pick up the phone and call any of thousands of vendors in the United States and find what you are looking for, or better yet, join Rapaport, Idex or Polygon and have internet access to tens of thousands of searchable diamonds to find what you want.

That they have not done so indicates to me that they are either not taking you seriously or are too small to be able to or are incompetent.

Add rudeness to the mix and I tend to start quickly thinking that it is time to be looking elsewhere. This industry is full of competent helpful people who will get you what you want, don't waist too much time with someone who is not able to do it for you.

Wink

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 5:39:00 AM
Author:ma1lyc
I am extremely upset so i decided to come on here to vent and seek advice. Here is the situation, i have finally found the dream setting for my ring and decided to get them to source out the diamond for it as well. Because i live in canada and most of the diamonds here are certified by Gemscan, i decided i wanted my diamond to be certified by GIA OR AGS and was told that it would take longer to find one in my specific specs that i wanted in my diamond. This is fine since my fi and i are in no rush, i would rather have them take their time and effort in finding me a perfect diamond. well that was in Dec 2006 and so far i have received 2 phone calls on the diamonds they found but all of them were not certified by gia or ags so they kept looking.This jeweller does not run on commision so all of the SA work together, so im dealing with about 2-3 people. i'm always in that area so i pass by very often and i usually pop in to look at my ring or show it to my friends, well its march now and the last i heard of an update was over a month ago so i popped in to ask about any updates and the SA who never worked with me before didn;t know much about me and i let her know that i haven't heard for a month or so, so i was just wondering if there was any updates for me. She told me she will speak to the other SA and get back to me. Well i came back about 5 days later with my friend to show her the ring, i approached the man working there that day and told him who i was, and he starts accusing me of getting them in trouble from the boss claiming that i told the other SA that no one has called me EVER to update me, which wasn't true at all!!! he said ' i was very upset when i was told that no one called to update you because i know for a fact that i have called you myself one time a month ago, and you shouldn't say stuff like that because we get in trouble from the boss when he hears that' I was speachless and taken back beucase i came in wanting to just show a ring and was greeted with accusations that never happened. If i was older he would have never spoken to me that way, im 22 so he prob thought he could speak to me that way and because i turned down the other diamonds they found he prob thought i was some young kid who was wasting their time being picky.. i dun know... but i love the setting.. my friend told me to take my business else where, my sister told me that clearly the boss appreciated my business and i should just talk to him directly.... how should i handle this maturely because clearly this wouldnt have happened if this was an older person.

sorry for the gammar and spelling, it's 4 am !!! and im delirious from lack of sleep and fumming lol

thanks for reading this long vent lol
29.gif
This guy has issues. I'm sure the boss would be upset if he heard you were approached like this by one of his employees. Your age has nothing to do with, this guy is the problem. If there was a misunderstanding, he should have talked to his boss about. He never should have involved, or approached, the client like that...sheesh!!!
38.gif

Also, the value of your money is the same at any age, and you should be treated with respect.

Can't you purchase the setting from them, and go else where for the stone?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 3:34:35 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
few thoughts....

one - there are other places to do business... including in the US. Sure, that results in some issues, but nothing you cannot overcome...

two - if you REALLY want to do business with *that* store, I would *insist* on working only with the manager, and yet I would not bad mouth (even justifiably) any of the employees.

three - if you decide to go elsewhere, I would write a note to the mgr stating exactly WHY you are taking your business elsewhere, including this most recent confrontation. If the sales people are in trouble, they deserve to be.

Four - no matter what, I wouldn''t get into a war of words with any of the employees.

I agree! I don''t understand what''s taking them so long to find something. Like Wink said, there are SO MANY places to look, so to be unable to find a diamond that meets what you''re looking for seems absurd. Personally, I''d take my business elsewhere, but like Cehra said above, IF you choose to keep working with this place, you might do better sticking with the manager.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results