shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Round Brilliant Stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

toby

Rough_Rock
I am looking for an ideal brilliant cut stone for an engagement ring. I found a GIA certified with the following characteristics for $10,8
1.gif
00. Please advise if this is a good value?? One cocern of mine is that this stone did not give off the same colors and brillinace of stones of lower qualites that I saw at Tiffany & Co. Could it be the lighting? AS well would I founf more value in a similar stome though F in color and Si1 clarity for the same price? Any adice or insight is much appreciated!
Measurments 7.41-7.48X4.53mm
Weight 1.51 carat
Depth 60.8%
Table 55%
Cutlet None
Thin to Med. Faceted
Polish Excellent
Symmetry Excellent
Clarity VS1
Color H
Fluorescence None
There is notes of a cloud, feather and needle that are on the table but are not visible that I could see under the loupe.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
The diamond sounds nice, but you really need more info for an informed opinion. Try and get Crown and Pavillion ANGLES and then plug the numbers into the Cut Advisor and check Price Stats for comparable diamond asking prices.

Ultimately, your eye is the true judge. But, you really need to see the diamond away from jewelry store lighting. Take the diamond to an outside window if possible and view it in indirect sunlight. Move around the room with it and see how it performs. Remember, the diamond will not be worn with jewelry store lighting blasting on it every where it is worn.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results