shape
carat
color
clarity

Help resetting my cushion halo into a 3 stone

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow, those diamonds look beautiful together! This is going to be a stunner of a ring.

I’m so happy with how they look together!

valenledge

Shiny_Rock
This is going to be so unique! A brand new design by Caysie! I will be sending you perfection creation dust and impatiently waiting for updates and when you get these beauties in-hand!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 2 1-carat cushions arrived. They’re so cute and a perfect match in style, shape and color!

I took a few cell phone pics. The stones all look a lot warmer than irl, I imagine from the reflection of my blue porch roof and yellow flowers.

2137B538-5669-4310-88F4-9F1A68BFFE01.jpeg F7A66697-74AD-4622-97DC-3B899AED3A6E.jpeg

Those all look so nice together! :love: :appl:

Over the last 2 days, I had a long chat (over text) with Caysie and all I can say is that she is BRILLIANT (and SO nice)!!!! I'm so excited!!!!! :dance:

We went back and forth over the basic design. She was worried that the octagon (I kept mistakenly referring to it as a hexagon halo) halo PLUS 2 1-carat cushion sides would be too large and not work. After some thought, she is going to try to design it with the side stones set on a steeper angle but cup & bezel set them so that we're not just looking at the girdles from the top. She thinks this will really enhance the stones and create fluidity in the overall design.

She is thinking asscher bezel cups for the side stones like her Exeter ring:

il_1588xN.783443744_35mw.jpg

Her Birdie engraved octagon halo that will be used for the center stone:

44a889f8c8b123412ca17b36a76375ba.jpg 2034aab053d36c50c499b750eb785023 (1).jpg

We still have to work out the gallery/basket design and if there will be any engraving or melee on the shank. I do want at least engraving I think..

I do like this gallery that she designed but tweaked a bit to change the hearts.

CVB.jpg

I also decided to send her my rose cut eternity and have her remake it into a design I saw on her IG account. Maytal did a wonderful job with my eternity - it is such great craftsmanship - BUT I never liked how low it was set, which was my fault because I didn't specify.

Here it is now:

unnamed (2).jpg

Here's how it'll be remade (not sure what this design is called - maybe it's the Exeter with engraving on the side - it's on Caysie's IG):

3ab1c168d61f8f3ffff244559cc9390b.jpg 282e9ce96c35fd976e6606ede9a3759a.jpg

I LOVE it! :kiss2:

Both rings will be platinum.

I'll put my 2 mm hammered 18k yellow gold ring between the two rings.

I send the rings and stones off to her this weekend! My husband said that once we get these rings back I can go ahead and reset my IDJ 5.6 carat eternity into Caysie's Norah setting which I've ADORED forever!

b070386bc638bf1b1d0a5da1562bd677.jpg 1e8cc9f98b85e6bd978cb81e8c382388.jpg

Now I just have to work out the rest of the details on the ring with her. :)

And I am seriously loving ALLLLL these project ideas!!! Your new rose cut reset will be gorgeous - and I want her to reset my RB eternity too!! I want her Legacy - same face-up look, similar gallery. My eternity is a baby compared to yours though!

I’m so glad to hear that you and Caysie are clicking well ::) I adore her, as a vendor and as a friend, and I’m totally confident she’ll be able to meld your design ideas into something stunning!!! The GALLERY of your new ring is gonna be TDF. I can’t wait to see the designs... :bigsmile:

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @yssie!

The stones and rings all arrived to Caysie and I’m in the queue to start CADs in 2 weeks!

I happened upon this antique ring on 1stDibs and really love the gallery... I wonder if something similar would look nice on my ring instead of an octagon gallery... I do know that I have to have an “open bottom” setting so I can clean the pavilion. I can’t take not being able to clean it.

D9DDF588-58EF-40F5-AD53-8179F50F47B7.jpeg

Once I get these 2 rings back, I’ll send her my big eternity band.

Actually the setting I thought I wanted for my 5.6 carat eternity is her Bianca-

4DF4090F-030B-4958-9C38-36FE3EE15D89.jpeg

BUT- after seeing the Legacy Holy cow how gorgeous! I didn’t know that setting existed. After you mentioned it, I searched for it and am in love. I love all 3 eternity styles to be honest but the legacy in a full eternity with .40 points would looks so stunning I think!

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Another gallery option is “swoops” with baby oec melee...

Another couple antique settings..

4A7DF70E-EC22-4C2B-B420-446DF1B952BD.jpeg 5D54C3AA-F383-4E20-8FA7-2A82E9EEF119.jpeg 5FD1811D-AD00-4F0E-AE1F-ECC7B8081775.jpeg 153BA713-E24E-466B-919C-B4566414826B.jpeg

A25FA9F2-2735-4C7D-BC84-7D8C29CFCFDE.jpeg DEB3DBD6-39CE-48CE-AE88-084AF46A8396.jpeg

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Late to the thread but just wanted to say how happy I am that you'll be working with Caysie! I love what you guys have planned. It's going to be a work of art....and with that perfectly matched suite of stones! :kiss2: It is going to blaze like the dickens on your finger and will certainly become a PS Hall of Fame piece!

Cannot wait to see the finished pieces!

PS - maybe we should start a 3-stone cushion club here! 8)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another gallery option is “swoops” with baby oec melee...

Another couple antique settings..

4A7DF70E-EC22-4C2B-B420-446DF1B952BD.jpeg 5D54C3AA-F383-4E20-8FA7-2A82E9EEF119.jpeg 5FD1811D-AD00-4F0E-AE1F-ECC7B8081775.jpeg 153BA713-E24E-466B-919C-B4566414826B.jpeg

A25FA9F2-2735-4C7D-BC84-7D8C29CFCFDE.jpeg DEB3DBD6-39CE-48CE-AE88-084AF46A8396.jpeg

Just a comment about melee in the basket. I asked Victor about when I was doing my octagon and he mentioned that might have to make the octagonal bezel bigger to give room for the depth of the diamonds set in the basket. And that may result in a higher set stone than desired. I just mean a deeper setting in general. Not sure if I’m explaining correctly. Something to consider. Looking forward to your finished ring!

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Late to the thread but just wanted to say how happy I am that you'll be working with Caysie! I love what you guys have planned. It's going to be a work of art....and with that perfectly matched suite of stones! :kiss2: It is going to blaze like the dickens on your finger and will certainly become a PS Hall of Fame piece!

Cannot wait to see the finished pieces!

PS - maybe we should start a 3-stone cushion club here! 8)

Thank you!!! Thank you for inspiring me!! I ADORE your 3 stone! I nearly changed my mind on the engraved halo and just copied your ring! 8)

I am sooooo excited to be working with Caysie!!!!

Love a 3 stone cushion club!!!

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Just a comment about melee in the basket. I asked Victor about when I was doing my octagon and he mentioned that might have to make the octagonal bezel bigger to give room for the depth of the diamonds set in the basket. And that may result in a higher set stone than desired. I just mean a deeper setting in general. Not sure if I’m explaining correctly. Something to consider. Looking forward to your finished ring!

Huh that’s interesting....

I found a design of Caysie’s that I love and would love to incorporate in the basket.. I wonder if it would work with baby rose cuts since they’re pretty flat...

1A441E0F-2B2B-437E-8AC1-1D745C28A33E.jpeg F25833AA-25B5-4E99-8CB0-2BEF86C59005.jpeg

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Huh that’s interesting....

I found a design of Caysie’s that I love and would love to incorporate in the basket.. I wonder if it would work with baby rose cuts since they’re pretty flat...

1A441E0F-2B2B-437E-8AC1-1D745C28A33E.jpeg F25833AA-25B5-4E99-8CB0-2BEF86C59005.jpeg

Goodness, @LALove ! That’s one heck of a gallery! Your rendering of it is quite impressive. Another 3 stone lover here and an admirer of kristydarling’s CvB ring. My EC 3 stone was also done by Caysie (she did my sister and SIL’s rings as well). I admire her artistry and overall aesthetic. Simply can’t go wrong with Caysie.

Can’t wait to see to see your CvB rings!! I’m sure they’ll be masterpieces❤️

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
CADs are here!!!

Caysie is so talented! (And kind and funny to boot!)

she said it looks like a lot of metal now but won’t be once it’s all engraved. We decided on engraving every bit!

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
And the eternities…

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
@KristyDarling three stone is one of the all time best on PS, if not THE best three stone. I think any ring inspired by that beauty will be a winner.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HOW DID I MISS THIS!?????

Oh my god those eternities. That Legacy. Ahhhhhh those prongy little heads :love: :love: :love: And the rosie band is going to be SO special!! Watery and glisteny and totally one-of-a-kind :love: :cool2: :appl:

The threestone. Whoa. Y'know. My first thought is that I'm SO glad it'll be Caysie making this ring, because we know she'll do it right!! Her bench will get all those details crisp, they'll polish all those nooks and crannies - it'll come out every bit as architecturally precise as the CADs. Seriously so glad. A lot of other vendors wouldn't be able to do this design justice. :love:

It'll be so awesome all engraved up!! Totally agree, it might look a bit chunky now but once it's polished and engraved all you'll see is intricate design. That gallery is so detailed. I absolutely LOVE how y'all adapted those Cora design elements!! And LOVE that you went with baby rosies in the gallery!

The only one thing I might suggest... Is there a way to exaggerate the concave curve up the shoulders? It might be a bit more comfy that way if it spins.

1632515876611.png

THIS part. Oh I'm swooning. Glorious. :love: :love: :love: :love: :appl:

1632516079884.png

@LALove OMG this trio is going to be one for the books!!!!

Last edited:

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
HOW DID I MISS THIS!?????

Oh my god those eternities. That Legacy. Ahhhhhh those prongy little heads :love: :love: :love: And the rosie band is going to be SO special!! Watery and glisteny and totally one-of-a-kind :love: :cool2: :appl:

The threestone. Whoa. Y'know. My first thought is that I'm SO glad it'll be Caysie making this ring, because we know she'll do it right!! Her bench will get all those details crisp, they'll polish all those nooks and crannies - it'll come out every bit as architecturally precise as the CADs. Seriously so glad. A lot of other vendors wouldn't be able to do this design justice. :love:

It'll be so awesome all engraved up!! Totally agree, it might look a bit chunky now but once it's polished and engraved all you'll see is intricate design. That gallery is so detailed. I absolutely LOVE how y'all adapted those Cora design elements!! And LOVE that you went with baby rosies in the gallery!

The only one thing I might suggest... Is there a way to exaggerate the concave curve up the shoulders? It might be a bit more comfy that way if it spins.

1632515876611.png

THIS part. Oh I'm swooning. Glorious. :love: :love: :love: :love: :appl:

1632516079884.png

@LALove OMG this trio is going to be one for the books!!!!

Thank you so much @yssie for your feedback!! :bigsmile: I’m soooooo happy with the design- it feels vintage but with a modern twist. I’ll mention the shoulders and see what she thinks.

Thank you again for recommending Caysie! On top of her talent, she’s been an absolute JOY to work with!

the side design was a total surprise and I LOVE it!! :kiss2: Very Art Deco.

I’m soooooo excited for the eternities!!! I’m so happy you mentioned the legacy - I hadn’t seen it before. I’m so excited to own it.

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
The 3 stone arrived as well as the Legacy reset eternity (the rose cut band is still in works).

I am FLOORED by Caysie's attention to detail and the craftsmanship of her bench! Both rings are beyond words gorgeous! :kiss2:

I've found the entire process to be nothing but a pleasant. Caysie is wonderful to work with and she'll definitely be my go-to jeweler from here out.

I'll post pics and more details in SMTB after the holiday. For now, here's a little sneak peak vid I sent my sister (please ignore the unmade bed, dusty mirror and poor focus in the beginning :lol-2: )

Thank you everyone for their help on this project!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
The 3 stone arrived as well as the Legacy reset eternity (the rose cut band is still in works).

I am FLOORED by Caysie's attention to detail and the craftsmanship of her bench! Both rings are beyond words gorgeous! :kiss2:

I've found the entire process to be nothing but a pleasant. Caysie is wonderful to work with and she'll definitely be my go-to jeweler from here out.

I'll post pics and more details in SMTB after the holiday. For now, here's a little sneak peak vid I sent my sister (please ignore the unmade bed, dusty mirror and poor focus in the beginning :lol-2: )

Thank you everyone for their help on this project!

HOLY!!! Yes please make a separate SMTB thread and post a billion pictures!!! AHHHHHH it’s fantastic beyond words!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes!!! We need dozens more photos!!!!!

So glad you’re thrilled!!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results