shape
carat
color
clarity

Help? Question about a Scott Kay engagement ring setting

cjk

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone. I'm new here but have been looking everywhere on this site gathering info for an engagement ring purchase. Invaluable!

I've come across a Scott Kay ring setting that I'm fixated on now, and I've been offered a fantastic price on it. My only question about it is that looking at the setting from the side there is a slight asymmetry to it, i.e. one side appears to come higher to the center stone than the other. Mind you it is a minute difference and not a glaring deformity. I'm wondering if this is can be a function of the crafting of the ring, or should a designer piece such as Scott Kay be spot on perfect? The vendor had a few of the style and they all had some very very slight variations.

If i search elsewhere the price may break my budget. I'm seeking a little more peace of mind with this particular ring--I don't want to feel like I'm purchasing an imperfect second! But if there are true variations in the craftmanship, I can understand that.

Any help or opinions on this are welcome. I need to make a decision very soon, so I'm soliciting help.

Thanks!

sillybear36

Rough_Rock
Re: Help? Question about a Scott Kay engagement ring settin

I know that for all hand finished jewelry, there will always be a slight variation in the look. That being said, I'd say that a designer like Scott Kay should be symmetrical...but if it's a minute difference and you're getting a price break on it, I'd go for it! :naughty: How often do you get price breaks on high end designers? :D

Ultimately, it's up to you. If you really like that ring and even you think it's a minute asymmetry, then I don't think that anyone else will notice. I mean, who inspects your jewelry more than you, you know what I mean? :wavey: :D

Either way you choose, I hope you end up with a ring you'll love and enjoy!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results