shape
carat
color
clarity

Help please on this Cartier Santos watch from Ebay..

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello!
I am interested in a Cartier Santos Octagon watch that is currently on Ebay. Here is the link.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140576340279&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
It's in good condition, it's mid size (which I like) and it could close at a lower price than others I have seen.
The seller has good feedback (however is out of the country which always makes me a bit nervous) and has provided a lot of pictures. It seems like some of these watches use a battery and some are automatic..
Can somebody give me their opinion on it's authenticity? Any other info that you could provide would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
first off....i love the watch! i believe its authentic because of the quality that even comes through in the photographs like the huge amount of screws used on the back.The fakes Ive seen use pop on backs to save money and the movement is not the cheap all plastic type of movement that are in fake watches. At the period of time this watch was popular then most fakes i saw were tank style on straps, and i haven't seen a mid-size fake Cartier, but small size ladies or large mens sizes that are in the most popular styles.This is some of my reasoning for saying it authentic without handling the watch myself.Of course you want to have the watch looked at by a Cartier store or authorized dealer in your area.The price is so good that i would seriously consider it myself if i were in the market!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would not buy it. That watch might be the real deal, but they may send you a fake. The watch is coming from Korea. I'm Korean, and I know they have been doing fakes there forever...some of them very very good.

The price is too good to be true, IMHO.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you both for your opinions.. I do agree with both of you! To my sort of untrained eye the pics did look very convincing that it was authentic.. but that does not guarantee that when it arrives it will be the same watch.
I have been following these watches recently and usually they sell for $1000 - $1500. This one caught my eye because I think it might end under $1000 because of the fact that it started at a dollar. The seller does have a return policy which is good.. but sending it back to Korea is probably expensive.. If the seller was in the USA I would feel much better about taking the chance. I'll keep waiting and watching and eventually figure it out. Thanks again!!!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh.. I just wanted to add.. I think this watch is so eyecatching too. The shape makes it so unique! I'm not a fan at all of the square usual Santos style.. but this one just catches my eye!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I used to be into watches about several years ago, and www.timezone.com has really great group of watch fanatics in its forums.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
used to read time zone and watch u seek everyday...now its just price scope.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much for the link about watch discussions.. love it!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results