shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Please......................I am so close, this could be it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Detox

Rough_Rock

Well I am so close. Just a few questions left, please help.

Here are the specs of a stone I am interested in.

GIA Round Brilliant
6.00-6.04 x 3.67mm
0.8ct
Depth - 61%
Table - 56.3%
Crown - 34.6 deg
Pavillion - 40.9 deg
Girdle - thin to medium faceted
Cutlet - none
Polish - excellent
Symmetry - excellent
Clarity - SI1 (Characteristics - cloud , no plot though)
Color - G
Flouresence - none
Comments - none

I have not seen the stone in person. The stone is being supplied through a reputable Pricescope vendor. The stone scores very well on the Halloway Cut Adviser (approx. 1.5)

I was told the stone is a good performer and the specifications seem to confirm this. My biggest concern right now is the under the Clarity Characteristics section where "cloud" is stated

The GIA report I have is one page and an no plot. Should I be worried about the presence of this cloud? My biggest concern is whether or not you can see it with the naked eye and/or is it going to really affect the sparkle of the diamond?

All responses/comments on this diamond are greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Detox

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have them eyeball it and see what they say then have them snap a clarity picture and send it to you.
Then post it here for comment.

JD_MD

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/18/2005 8:46:04 AM
Author:Detox

Well I am so close. Just a few questions left, please help.

Here are the specs of a stone I am interested in.

GIA Round Brilliant
6.00-6.04 x 3.67mm
0.8ct
Depth - 61%
Table - 56.3%
Crown - 34.6 deg
Pavillion - 40.9 deg
Girdle - thin to medium faceted
Cutlet - none
Polish - excellent
Symmetry - excellent
Clarity - SI1 (Characteristics - cloud , no plot though)
Color - G
Flouresence - none
Comments - none

I have not seen the stone in person. The stone is being supplied through a reputable Pricescope vendor. The stone scores very well on the Halloway Cut Adviser (approx. 1.5)

I was told the stone is a good performer and the specifications seem to confirm this. My biggest concern right now is the under the Clarity Characteristics section where ''cloud'' is stated

The GIA report I have is one page and an no plot. Should I be worried about the presence of this cloud? My biggest concern is whether or not you can see it with the naked eye and/or is it going to really affect the sparkle of the diamond?

All responses/comments on this diamond are greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Detox

Detox,

Clouds are usually virtually undetectable, but can occasionally cause a diamond to have a "fuzzy" look if they are prevalant throughout the diamond. Does the GIA comment say "additional clouds not shown..or just "cloud"?

I recently sent back a diamond because under a 40X stereo microscope, the clouds looked like millions of tiny pinpoints all throughout the diamond. My gemologist friend immediately stated that the diamond had strong fluorescence, but after I explained that it didn''t he plopped it into the microscope and told me that the large number of clouds was creating the same effect of fluorescence. Numerous clouds can "cloud" a diamonds appearance.

Have the vendor examine the diamond under greater magnification than 10X....he''ll be able to tell you.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
It sounds like it would be worth a closer look. Is this a stone you can go and see, if not will the vendor send you pictures?

Detox

Rough_Rock
The vendor assured me the cloud(s) is/are invisible but to be sure the vendor is looking at the diamond again to confirm.

On the GIA report under the Clarity --> Characteristics it only states the word "cloud". Under the Comments section it stated "none"

Also under Fluoresence it states "none". If there was a cloud that contributed to fluoresence wouldn't it state something else indicating some effect?

I can not see the stone in person. Once I am happy with the stone, it is being sent to an independant appraiser to confirm, after that it will be sent directly to me.

I don't beleive the vendor is trying to hide anything here. But I am going through my due dilligence to be sure. Does anyone know of GIA certs that state "cloud" in the clarity section but the diamond is still stunning?

Detox

Rough_Rock
**bump**

The vendor has confirmed the stone is "eye-clean" and that the inclusions under magnification are very faint. In fact he said the clarity of the diamond is actually closer to a VS2.

Any final comments on my diamond specs above would be great. I am about to pull the trigger any minute.

Cheers,

Detox

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Do it.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it looks like it could be a winner. did you ever see pictures or an idealscope image?

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
This looks as if it could be a beautiful stone. I doubt the cloud is anything to worry about, but I would ask the appraiser to specifically evaluate that and give you an honest opinion on if it impacts the beauty of the stone at all.

I''d pull that trigger if you haven''t already. You are going about it in a safe, thorough way, so you''ll have a chance to back out in the rare case that it does impact the stone.

Good luck!

Detox

Rough_Rock
I PULLED THE TRIGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
19.gif

The experience has been great thus far. The diamond is being shipped to a well known independant appraiser to evaluat the stone. I have been reassured by the vendor that there is nothing to worry about but they also fully support the verification of the stone.

I can't wait to hear back from the appraiser to comment on the performance of the stone. If all checks out I will have my diamond soon.

Then on to phase two.............................finding a setting.

Woohoo!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!!! I hope all goes well with the appraiser, I''m sure it will. Now what kind of setting are you thinking of????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results