shape
carat
color
clarity

Help picking diamond for pendant

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I've been trying to find the right diamond for a BGD Barbara Martini for ages, and have come across two stones:

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/0.926-j-vs2-round-diamond-ags-bl-104091071012

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/1.008-j-vs1-round-diamond-ags-bl-104089117012

I had originally intended on finding a nice stone just below the 1ct mark for the pendant, but found the 1.008 last week and thought it was a really nice stone. I had been ready to pull the trigger on it, but then today, I spotted the 0.926 newly added to the site. I'm trying to figure out if the additional cost on the 1.008 is worth it. There's obviously a relatively large price difference between the stones. My main reservation about the 0.926 is that the ASET looks different to me from other H&A stones I've seen--the center is red, instead of green, and there aren't bits of blue contrast around the arrows. I've learned a lot about stones from PS over the years, but don't know enough to get a sense of whether the 1.008 is better cut (and enough better cut to be worth the price difference).

I'd appreciate any advice! Thanks in advance :)

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey OP
Why don't you ask Leslie to view them side by side and she will give you her opinion?
Best of luck

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
WillyDiamond|1482115190|4108271 said:
Hey OP
Why don't you ask Leslie to view them side by side and she will give you her opinion?
Best of luck

Thanks! I'm working with another girl at BGD on this project, and tried that with another couple of stones I was considering. I found her very nice and really appreciated the time she put in looking at stones for me, but ultimately it was hard to use her advice to pick between stones. I got a lot of "all of our stones are cut to exacting proportions" etc, and she wouldn't tell me if she thought one stone was nicer than another--I've purchased stones from BGD before and trust that all of their stones will be beautiful, but it seems to me that there must be some difference between them. Hoping the PS community might be able to give me some insight on this choice :)

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMO I would go with the .926 and save the $2k. That's a substantial amount and we're not talking that much of a size difference especially once in a bezel and on your neck. You'd be paying a premium just bc the other stone hits that 1ct mark. The middle of the .926 is red in the ASET (I haven't seen that before) and it does seem to be better cut but those are computer generated so maybe you could ask BGD to send you their ASET?

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
ac117|1482118445|4108280 said:
IMO I would go with the .926 and save the $2k. That's a substantial amount and we're not talking that much of a size difference especially once in a bezel and on your neck. You'd be paying a premium just bc the other stone hits that 1ct mark. The middle of the .926 is red in the ASET (I haven't seen that before) and it does seem to be better cut but those are computer generated so maybe you could ask BGD to send you their ASET?

Thanks much, ac117! I think you're right that it's not worth the extra $2k. I've decided to go with the 0.926, and cannot wait to get my pendant :)

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tsavoritestar|1482181266|4108421 said:
ac117|1482118445|4108280 said:

Thanks much, ac117! I think you're right that it's not worth the extra $2k. I've decided to go with the 0.926, and cannot wait to get my pendant :)

Yayyy!! :appl: it's going to be beautiful! Please come back and show us how it turns out! ::)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would have gone with the .92 and saved the additional $2k for future bling! Post pics when you get it!

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
It arrived!!!! I love it--exactly the look I wanted, and at a great price :dance:

As always, I really appreciate the advice of the PS community--I've learned an incredible amount here :)

briangavin_martini_awu1_122816.jpg

briangavin_martini_awu2_122816.jpg

img_14332.jpg

img_14333.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Thats beautiful! Looks great on you too! Congrats!!!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's GORGEOUS!!!! So happy you love it!! :love: :love: :love:

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats on getting that BG Blue. I was tossing up between that stone or the 0.962 K/VS2 at the same time as you were for a push present for my wife. You got the 0.926 and I ended up with the 0.962. Both stones look beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, ac117 and tyty333! I love it :)

bmfang, I'm glad you were able to find a stone you love for your wife! What a sweet push present :) Congratulations to you both!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results