shape
carat
color
clarity

Help pick my setting . . . based on my likes/dislikes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Now, that the diamond (1.24 carat) is going to be on its way for my inspection, I am starting to think about settings. Initially, I wanted just a simple platinum or WG setting, nothing fancy and because my finers are super skinny (size 4.5) I need something more delicate. And I feel guilty enough that this amazing man is voluntarily spending his hard earned savings on a e-ring for me and didn''t want him to spend any more money than necessary.

However, within a day of looking at rings, my boyfriend hinted that he wasn''t thrilled with the basic platinum settings I was looking at . . . I was pleasantly surprised that he actually had an opinion on this . . . he usually never has opinions about stuff like this, he is very reserved and it is unusual for him to even notice stuff like settings . . . My heart was not and is not set on a simple band and so actually having him give an opinion and say he prefers something over another is thrilling !!!

So, we began looking at more fancy settings. We found that we don''t like side stones but instead prefer small unintrusive diamonds set into the band itself. Moreover, I dislike lots of little prongs so the diamonds in the setting have be burnished or channel set or any other similar setting that avoids all those little prongs. I also DON''T want an antique look but rather a very "minimalist: setting that still makes him happy.

I found that I like Scott Kay and Verragio setting . . . both of those designers are out of my price range however, so I am hoping WF can custom make a setting in our budget. However, I would like to give them something idea what I like . . .

Finally, my question . . . given the above specifications post the setting you think would best fit all the things I mentioned above . . . I''d love to see what you guys come up with . . .

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/19/2006 3:32:23 PM
Author:hikerchick

So, we began looking at more fancy settings. We found that we don''t like side stones but instead prefer small unintrusive diamonds set into the band itself. Moreover, I dislike lots of little prongs so the diamonds in the setting have be burnished or channel set or any other similar setting that avoids all those little prongs. I also DON''T want an antique look but rather a very ''minimalist: setting that still makes him happy.

I don''t know if pave counts in your book as "lots of little prongs" I think of them being held in more by beads of metal-

have you looked at:

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/Symphony-Half-Bezel-Pave-by-WF_748.htm

This is more dainty- http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/The--Divisi--by-WF_1068.htm#

When I first read "burnished" I thought of this setting -
http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/U-Prong--Champaigne--Pave-by-WF_740.htm

AceP

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Have you checked out Sholdt Designs? They make some gorgeous, minimalist-type settings. Photos don''t do ''em justice. A couple that seem to meet your criteria:

sholdtminimal.jpg

AceP

Shiny_Rock
Premium
the other

sholdtilove.jpg

AceP

Shiny_Rock
Premium
or, what about something like this?

dimendcath.jpg

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/19/2006 4:23:04 PM
Author: AceP

OOOhhhhh . . . the first and 3rd picks by AceP are gorgeous.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Here are a couple I like . . .

ENG-0008P-Angle3.jpg

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Here is another

Verragio-Ring-E-235.gif

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
This one might be my favorite. It is VERY similar to a setting I saw at Hefez and Sons in the Jewelers Building in Boston.
I wonder if maybe Hefez would be willing to set a diamond that I didn''t get from them? or if they''d be upset that I didn''t buy the diamond from them as well?

Verragio.gif

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
How about Whiteflash''s channel set X-prong?

Or one of the Dvatche settings?
239-a.jpg

533-b.gif

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
IndieJones, I love that setting . . .

Here is another one that I really like from abazias that is even within my price range. :)

ENG-SS-12-2934_395x300-front.jpg

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I love that last one. I think that those "scattered" diamonds are so cute.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Here are a couple of other pictures of a similar setting to one I posted above . . . a side view and a top view . . .

ENG-SS-13-4225_395x300-front.jpg

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
side view

ENG-SS-13-4225_395x300-side.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the Vatche settings..really nice quality! I love that first Scholdt ring, too. I wish I could have seen some of those.

wimpwgn

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/19/2006 4:23:04 PM
Author: AceP

Which one is this one?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results