Girdle Min-Max %: 1.5-3.7
Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible

Are these numbers look good? Thanks!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Numbers look good! Do you have idealscope, etc.?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nice #s... :appl:

yrrp3738

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, dancibf fire and diamondseeker. Is start% 51 too short? Any consequence of it? Crown 15.2% a little bit too high? It's a lower color stone. I just hope the cut can make it whiter :).

yrrp3738

Shiny_Rock
Here are aset and idealscope. The contrast seems not very strong in the aset and the arrow not sharp and clear in idealscope. Not sure if they were caused by quality of the photos. Should I be concerned?

aset_2.jpg

ids.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
looks good.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks nice - no worries about the contrast/fuzziness, that's just the photos. Our concern is the colours and patterning, and there's nothing to worry about.

I have to make one comment about the colour, you didn't state what it was - a J is a J, a K is a K. A well-cut J or K can look surprisingly white/colourless from the top (surprisingly colourless, not actually colourless), depending on size and "type" of proportions, but a J is still a J and it will at best look like a well-cut J from the top - as in, it won't look like a G or an H. And you rarely do see a stone from precisely face-up - normally the stone is at an angle of some sort, which makes any body colour pretty clear.. so if you know that you are quite colour sensitive and you know that you dislike seeing body colour in the stone, a lower coloured stone may not be a good fit, if you are relying solely on cut masking colour..

Luminous-MB

Rough_Rock
Trade
Yssie|1303600344|2903683 said:
I have to make one comment about the colour, you didn't state what it was - a J is a J, a K is a K. A well-cut J or K can look surprisingly white/colourless from the top (surprisingly colourless, not actually colourless), depending on size and "type" of proportions, but a J is still a J and it will at best look like a well-cut J from the top - as in, it won't look like a G or an H. And you rarely do see a stone from precisely face-up - normally the stone is at an angle of some sort, which makes any body colour pretty clear.. so if you know that you are quite colour sensitive and you know that you dislike seeing body colour in the stone, a lower coloured stone may not be a good fit, if you are relying solely on cut masking colour..

The point that Yssie makes is extremely valid. We don't know the color, clarity or carat weight of this stone. If color is you main concern, without compromising on cut, you can play around with the clarity and weight of the stone in order to get to a more comforting color parameter, without breaking the budget (depending on how much room there is - we don't know). Relying solely on fluorescence isn't going to help you as much as you may think.

yrrp3738

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the input. It's a "I/VS" for a pendant. It probably will be viewed from top all the times. So I hope the brilliance could compensate the color.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh! Well, in that case, I think you've found a great one :)) Looking forward to your pics!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh it will make a beautiful pendant!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results