shape
carat
color
clarity

Help on Pricing for a Tiffany Legacy Clone with Cushion Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

da3dl3us

Rough_Rock
Hi Guys,

Need to know if this is a decent deal for a Tiffany Legacy clone I found on Jeweler''s Row in Chicago. The setting looks beautiful and pristine, and its 1100 for an 18k white gold setting.

The guy was offering me a 1.01 Cushion diamond, grade D, Si1, very good/good (polish/sym) with table of 60%, depth of 69.7%, and a ratio of 1.066 for 4700. The diamond did look nice in person, and sparkled in the light.

Total being $5800.

I think the setting is a pretty good price, but not sure about cost of the cushion. It''s weird because on bluenile, similar specs are around 4500, but some vs2 are 4000. Not sure what gives.

Any advce would be great!!

Thanks!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
What gives is the cut of the stone, cushions aren''t all equal. There are some reaaaaaally ugly ones out there. Do you have pictures of the one you saw on JR? It''s a hair deep, but that doesn''t really tell us much about how it looks except for the fact that it won''t "face up" as big as some other stones.

da3dl3us

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately, I don''t have a picture of it. It was in shop and wasn''t allowed to take pictures. But it did look nice and it glimmered. I bargained the rock to $4000. That means 5100 total. Haven''t bought it yet.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/18/2009 7:10:30 PM
Author: da3dl3us
Unfortunately, I don''t have a picture of it. It was in shop and wasn''t allowed to take pictures. But it did look nice and it glimmered. I bargained the rock to $4000. That means 5100 total. Haven''t bought it yet.

The only comment I have is would be that almost ANY diamond looks good in those lighting conditions. I''d have them take it outside for you to look at. Check out goodoldgold.com for cushion comparison videos, those will help you a lot.

If I were you I''d contact GOG or engagmentringsdirect for a cuhion cut stone. You''ll get a great stone for a better deal, an upgrade policy, etc.
If you really like that setting, you can have that store set the stone. Or, check out the settings both vendors have, and I''m sure they can make something similar or have something similar.

hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results