shape
carat
color
clarity

Help on final diamond selection

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bculp

Rough_Rock
I''ve been playing with the numbers, and I''m trying to discern between 3 diamonds and all are very similar at Blue nile.

.53 H SI1 Ideal Cut- HCR of .9- cost 1387

.54 I VS2 Signature Ideal- HCR of .9 or 1.4 depending on which certificate I use- cost 1393

.50 H VS2- Very Good (AGS000 though)- HCR of .4 cost 1455

The second two have medium blue florescence, and all are extremely similar in all the values. Its really between the second two, and I was curious if I''ll notice a difference in the .5 of HCR more than I''ll notice a .1 mm difference in dimension.

Ben Culp

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm I'd go for #2 probably because it's slightly larger...and I like the price better. But really the last 2 are probably pretty comparable. You most likely will see no difference in the stones even with the small HCA difference, because they should both be very amazing in person! Under 2.0 is excellent....in that range of .1-1.9 you are almost splitting hairs...all your scores are excellent.

If you want that extra 'distinction' of the 'signature ideal' and a larger ctw then get the second stone. However some don't feel comfortable with I color...in that case get the 3rd one. The first one looks good as well but for the SI1 clarity grade and almost the same price as the second one.

Eeny meeny...
2.gif
Good luck and it sounds as though you have three fine choices here.

bculp

Rough_Rock
Well, the third one actually was cut to be a signature line diamond for them apparently. It has the Blue nile laser inscription and ags number, which they normally do for the signature series, but since its depth % was .1 off their requirements (a 60.0 instead of 60.1) it didn't make the cut. Thanks for the help Mara.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's interesting, esp because the HCA score is better than the 2nd stone which IS a signature ideal. Just goes to show that the #'s don't always tell the story....wonder what your eyes would see. Does BN give pictures of the stones...I don't think so?

bculp

Rough_Rock
They have photomicrographs for the signature line, but just the certs for everything else. I don't know if they would run it through a firescope, etc. but I haven't the experience or time to learn how to interpret it adequately. So when I do purchase, I'll be thankful for the 30 day money-back period...if I don't think its perfect, well it gets shipped back and I try another stone. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results