carat
color
clarity

help on e-ring setting! antique/art-deco/edwardian style

kurtwoodfork

Rough_Rock
Hi!!

after months of lurking, I've finally decided to post something! :appl:

my fiance & I got beeeeeeeautiful RB diamond from bluenile thanks to all the 'education' from PS and now.... can you pleeeeeeeease help me with the setting? I really really like antique/art-deco/edwardian style, i looove feminine & ornate rings. to give an example of what I'm really really loving right now:

Saturn jewel AD177 : http://www.saturnjewels.com/engagment1.asp# (first column, very bottom -with the flower detail)

philip press: http://philippress.com/index.php?page=showcase&catID=2 under rings main page (stationary photo of 5 rings with middle 3 shown also from the top view), the 4th ring from the left. (also with flower-detail on the side profile)

oh and singlestone ring that i came across on PS by happycanary...OMG LOVE IT: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...om-single-stone.150717/#post-2733331#p2733331 :droooool:

and i'm loooooving flower detail on the rings...for example, i LOVE the orchid line from cartier.

sooooooooooooooooo please help me get more ideas!! <3 <3

thank you!!

stci

Ideal_Rock
Ho Sweetie, the saturn is TDF! Unforgatable! :appl:

kurtwoodfork

Rough_Rock
yea, right? I emailed them to let me know if there's a dealer around where I am. but i have a feeling theirs is casted though....:( i would reeally need to see it in person but i just looove the flower detail.

philip press is local and his stuff is sooooooooooooo detailed (brand name is 'renaissance platinum') and everything is hand made. so actually i kind of had a discussion with philip (this is before I saw the saturn!) about custom making my ring. based on the ring that i pointed out (which btw you can see the video of it under 'custom designs' at his website), but with few changes....

and then with so much time on my hands ...*not!* ...i daydreamed and sketched something! (attached- sorry for the blurry photo! camera on the phone was used :\ ) i like it :razz: not b/c i drew it :razz:...but what do you think? do you think it's too busy? it's a bit of a modified version of the philip's ring that i like - with rounded edges for the butterfly motif and more prominent fleur-de-lis on the sides. i wonder if it's something philip can do....

but then i'm totally cool with going with what's already made if it makes my heart skip a beat! but i gotta see it in person though..! that's where singlestone and saturn comes in! OR anything else ya'll can think of for me! :D fyi i'm in LA!

oh and if i go custom with philip, i'm also trying to decide between a bezel setting vs. prong setting also, and halo or not...i love how bezel is nice and smooth on the top but i also love the maximum scintillation prong setting provides and the delicate-ness of it all :razz:

boy, i need so much input <3

Sweetie_my drawing.png

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I love the saturn- wish they had shots from other angles though on the webpage.

kurtwoodfork

Rough_Rock
oh and i also like

http://www.saturnjewels.com/engagment3.asp# 2nd column both top and bottom (one with fleur-de-lis and one with bow detail on the sides)

and attached is another photo of the philip ring that i was talking about. it looks gold, but its not it's all platinum.

philip_press_ring_side_closeup.png

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love the last ring you posted, but I am totally swooning over the sketch you made. First, that you have the talent/vision to come up with something that beautiful. If it were me (and it wouldn't break the bank), I'd have my sketch made into a ring...totally unique and special...one of a kind! Can't wait to see what you select!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto Yennyfire. I love the sketch and would have that sketch made into a ring.

kurtwoodfork

Rough_Rock
Sarahbear621: oh i know, I emailed them to see if they had any more photos of them, but they didn't really respond. but they are going to send over the ring for me to see in person to 23rd jeweler this weekend so i'm super excited!

yennyfire: thank you~! my fiance likes it too i think, but since i dont really know jewelery design, i can only imagine what i'd like to see on each of the sides -- who knows how it'd work in 3D! i think we'll probably talk to philip about it and see what he says, but not until we go see that saturn ring and also check out singlestone this weekend!

SparklyOEC: thank you so much! :D hehe you guys are making me blush! ^^ it started as a doodle...and then voila! :D :D :D

kurtwoodfork

Rough_Rock
so an update!

i'm gonna go see the saturn rings on friday, singlestone on saturday. and saturn sent me more photos!

AD172sides.jpg

AD177top2.jpg

AD166-top.jpg

Platinum-190509-121420765x536_saturn_01_big.jpg

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
I too have visited the brothers! Where are you at in the process now? I LOVE their stuff. I looked at settings for squarish stones, not for Princess cuts though. More pics of anything, please! If they posted pics of everything they have, PS servers would go down... :loopy:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have some beautiful options. I like the design you drew and the last ring you posted a picture of! They are all lovely though
and you have very nice taste!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results