shape
carat
color
clarity

Help on Colour Change Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

r1noa

Rough_Rock
Thanks mr. Ma Re.
The gemologist in my country (indonesia) will not tell anyone about quality and price. They said it is not being prfesional.
All they can tell is what it is shown in the sertificate.
Please check my alexandrite gem in the other post and give me some ideas about that purchase.
Thanks.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve come to this thread late but have noticed you''ve decided not to buy the ring?

My advice (a bit late now) would be to only buy it on the agreement that you would have the stone independently certified by the real AGL. My worries were (as already pointed out), no matter how well regarded this lab may be, they have called the gem an Alexandrite Sapphire. This is totally incorrect. They are clearly using the term Alexandrite to refer to the colour change. Any lab worth their weight, wouldn''t categorise as such and that sets off alarm bells.

In terms of price? If those are diamonds in the ring then the price is still on the high side. However a good colour changer (that changes substantially) of that size is always worth having.

r1noa

Rough_Rock
Thanks LovingDiamond. You are not late. The offer still stand. I even still have the ring with me.

That kind of agreement is not a problem. I will return the ring and get my money back. it is my friend.

The real gem show much better colour than the picture.
It has a very good kashmir blue colour. Better than all the blue sapphire i have ever seen. And I have seen hundreds of good blue sapphire.
I am a fan of blue sapphire. (what i mean by good is that blue sapphire that cost 10k to 15k and 5ct to 10ct).
About the purple, it has a excelent amethyst purple colour. Better than any amethyst i have ever seen.
The colour change is very very strong too.

Therefore all my main concern now is the price for this gem. Bcause most of the colour change sapphire that I check on line are quite cheap, much lesser than
1000 per carat.
So, would you buy this ring?

I have learn alot of things from you all anyway. thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results