shape
carat
color
clarity

Help on a Diamond Price?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Akimbo

Rough_Rock
After lots of searching, some dead ends, and some misguided talks with Fred C. (glad I looked here before it was too late), I believe my girlfriend and I have decided on a diamond. I'm wondering if I might get some opinions as to what a fair price would be for it:

Style: Asscher (square emerald)
1.32 carat
VS2
F
6.17 X 6.16 X 4.04
Depth: 65.6
Table: 63
Crown Height: 16.5
Pavilion Height: 45.9
Girdle: Slightly Thick
Culet: None
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Flourescence: None

Thank you for your help!

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
I could tell you if it was round. I have found people have a much harder time valuing non-round cuts.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
You probably can find similar diamonds in the Internet for about $6,500 give or take a few percent.

[/u]

Akimbo

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 11/13/2002 11:47:27 AM

You probably can find similar diamonds in the Internet for about $6,500 give or take a few percent.

----------------

Thanks for your response! That's around what I've been quoted for a price. The only number I'm a bit concerned about is the crown height, which is fairly high. I've been told by some jewelers that a high crown height on an Asscher cut is a good thing, though. Anyone have any ideas about this? Any help would be much appreciated.[/u]

im so scared

Rough_Rock
I was looking at the asscur too, but that was the reason i didnt want it. they are deeper cut and thus they look smaller on the top. a one carot asschur will look smaller than a comparable emerald or princess cut. also, there is a very high premium on these diamonds. where did you see it? fortunoff? that is where i saw it in NYC...

good luck:cheeky:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results