Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Help on a Diamond Price?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Akimbo

Rough_Rock
After lots of searching, some dead ends, and some misguided talks with Fred C. (glad I looked here before it was too late), I believe my girlfriend and I have decided on a diamond. I'm wondering if I might get some opinions as to what a fair price would be for it:

Style: Asscher (square emerald)
1.32 carat
VS2
F
6.17 X 6.16 X 4.04
Depth: 65.6
Table: 63
Crown Height: 16.5
Pavilion Height: 45.9
Girdle: Slightly Thick
Culet: None
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Flourescence: None

Thank you for your help!

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
I could tell you if it was round. I have found people have a much harder time valuing non-round cuts.

Akimbo

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 11/13/2002 11:47:27 AM

You probably can find similar diamonds in the Internet for about $6,500 give or take a few percent.

----------------

Thanks for your response! That's around what I've been quoted for a price. The only number I'm a bit concerned about is the crown height, which is fairly high. I've been told by some jewelers that a high crown height on an Asscher cut is a good thing, though. Anyone have any ideas about this? Any help would be much appreciated.[/u]

im so scared

Rough_Rock
I was looking at the asscur too, but that was the reason i didnt want it. they are deeper cut and thus they look smaller on the top. a one carot asschur will look smaller than a comparable emerald or princess cut. also, there is a very high premium on these diamonds. where did you see it? fortunoff? that is where i saw it in NYC...

good luck:cheeky:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Reset Heirloom Engagement Ring
    Reset Heirloom Engagement Ring
    Diamond Station Tennis Bracelet
    Diamond Station Tennis Bracelet
    What is PriceScope?
    What is PriceScope?

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.