shape
carat
color
clarity

Help needed to find this mount

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

billv45

Rough_Rock
Hi All! Great forum!
I''m looking for a mount simular to the one in my attachment. The pic is from an Ebay auction that ended before I could bid. I''ve been thru every link in the "Sites with Rings" thread with out any luck. anyone have any more ideas? I''m really surprised I can not find what I thought was a fairly simple design. Thanks for any help!

1_19heartside.jpg

billv45

Rough_Rock
Another pic

1_19heartb.jpg

billv45

Rough_Rock
The last pic

1_19hearthand.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice mounting!! I have not seen that in any of my internet travels either. Did you email the seller to see if they had a second ring/mounting? Or what if the original winner backs out?

If that is not an option, what about having this setting made? It looks to be pretty simple/basic and alot of times having the setting custom made is not that expensive at all and you may save from paying 'branding' costs. Since you have the pictures, I would check around and see what estimates are.

www.tradeshop.com does custom work and has a great gallery of all his stuff online...he also has an email estimate form, so you can email him the picture, fill out the form and he will write back with his thoughts and estimate. Easy.

Good luck with the search and/or the creation!
1.gif

JHyde

Rough_Rock
Im not much for heart cut stones but that is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! good luck!
-Jonathon

kt

Shiny_Rock
http://www.fortunoff.com/product.asp?pf%5Fid=074067992&index=1&corp%5Fgift=0&dept%5Fid=1060418

I happened to have seen your posting and was looking around on Fortunoff, a store that's here on the east coast and in NYC, and by golly, look what I stumbled upon!

I am therefore assuming the ring you want is a Jeff Cooper semi-mount, but with a heart shaped center stone. Hope it works out for you, it's definitely very pretty!

Good luck!
1.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I think this particular ring is a mounting that has been modified with the (4) bezel set diamonds.

You could probably have your local jeweler find something similar through Stuller Settings and then modify it to take your center stone, along with the bezel set side stones.

I didn't have time to do a thorough search, but a mounting such as #120262 would possibly work:

http://www.stuller.com/public/catalog3.aspx?categoryID=8b5a42b6-7b63-4cda-a1f9-830d156fb2a7&page=13&pagesize=12

Have a prong head installed in the center, bezel set the (4) diamonds and you've got the ring, without having to pay a designer price.

billv45

Rough_Rock
Thanks to all,
KT, that's it but she doesn't want platinum, I wonder if I could get it in yellow gold. I may wind up taking Richard's advise and getting a sutable mounting and having four stones bezel set. I just barely missed that one on Ebay and it was only $2500 with a 1.19 kt H SI1 stone. I did email the seller but have not heard anything back yet, oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results