shape
carat
color
clarity

Help needed regarding appraisal and insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dozer

Rough_Rock
I just recently purchased a loose diamond on the internet. I will be having it set in a platinum setting after I receive the diamond. I was wondering if I should have the diamond appraised before it is set in the setting or after? Also, should I get insurance of the entire ring or just the diamond.

Thanks

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I'm about to puy an e-stone, and personally want to have the diamond at least verified before it is set just make sure it is what I think I'm buying. I've been told that insurance companies won't insure loose stones, so the insurance appraisel has to be done on the entire ring once it is set. I've talked to appraisers who will do both the loose stone and the whole ring for the full insurance appraisal fee, rather than 2 fees.

congrats!
appl.gif

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
I think some will insure loose, Chubb, maybe? It may be worth having a verification done by an inependent appraiser just to be sure you aint getting ripped off. I'd say get an insurance appraisal for replacement value for the whole package. Unless you will have the stone loose for an extended period of time, like several months.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results