shape
carat
color
clarity

help needed on design ..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Hello: I am not very good at this at all.So perhaps someone know where I can see a designs pics.I basicaly like the round brilliant surrounded by color stones.( Any suggestions of what stone would look good there)?The RB diamond is 1.43 so I don''t want to make the ring too big, but I have seen some designs and it did not look too large ( mind you I have no idea how big was the middle stone)
Also don''t want to" take away " from the center stone just to accent it.Any help is apprecieated.Thanks..

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2007 1:07:47 PM
Author:scarleta
Hello: I am not very good at this at all.So perhaps someone know where I can see a designs pics.I basicaly like the round brilliant surrounded by color stones.( Any suggestions of what stone would look good there)?The RB diamond is 1.43 so I don''t want to make the ring too big, but I have seen some designs and it did not look too large ( mind you I have no idea how big was the middle stone)
Also don''t want to'' take away '' from the center stone just to accent it.Any help is apprecieated.Thanks..
oooh oooh I''ve been hoping someone would do this for a long time!!! I''ve been wanting to see a diamond surrounded by light sapphires or aquamarines but I''m still hoping stone hunter is gonna do that LOL I''d also love to see amethyst :)

However.... if this is for a left hand ring that you will wear all the time, I would pick something *somewhat* neutral. Blue and yellow come to mind.... rubies might be really pretty too. I still like the light blue halo around a diamond look best I guess LOL

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
another thing that could be fun is if you took H&A melee and irridated it to that turquoisy blue color so that you really did have a diamond halo but it would be so pretty against the white!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think aquamarine would be too light, personally... but pink or canary sapphires... blue ones, rubies... tsavorite (instead of emerald) would look beautiful. Onyx looks lovely too, if you like black. Generally... any color you want.

Tacori has this one:

2518RD65_multi.jpg

There there are these lovely Deco peices to give you an idea of colors:

p.jpg

p.jpg

p.jpg

p.jpg

Medium blue colored saphires:

p.jpg
p.jpg

Canary halo:
69B13.jpg

Pink Halo:

67B13.jpg

17PP13.jpg

Lots of colors and styles to choose from!

What color were you thinking??

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the replies.I am not sure what color (not blue -already have it)Kind of like the green on the pic.They all look really good.Just don''t want it too big or too flashy.What size should I get for the stones around? Don''t want it too large.What do you figure it would cost to have it set that way? They are really nice.Have to go and check the other links also.With your help here I feel I can start this project.Thanks so very much.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
O boy: that pink really looks great.What are those pink stones?on the Pic?

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
wow gyspy! You are such a wealth of images - those are some impressive rings! Favorites?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm glad you like them. I LOVE the green too. How much? I don't know... it would be a matter of a custom setting with a halo... so around 2200-3200. I would call Mark at ERD for the project personally and see if he can do it with green Tsavorites.

Pearlmans, Faycullin and any deco/ vintage sites are great for inspiration pics IMO.

Stary.. favorites? I have a few... not the ones posted above though that green one up there is AMAZING and should definitely be added to my favorites folder on my computer.

Here's one I really love though-- it's an acquired taste (my FI thinks its hideous) but I reallly like it.

The pinks in the pics are pink diamonds... but pink saphires would be FABULOUS too. The pink and yellow pictures are from Pearlmans

ETA: Here is a link to a list of anitque/vintage jewelers sites you can browse through to fing what you are looking for. Ignore the color of the stones in the settings, just find a setting that you like... you can get it done with whatever color stones you want.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/links-for-settings-antique-rings-online.16601/

Estatediamondjewelry.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Every once is a while a thread really captures my imagination... so excuse me if I''m over posting and over welming you...

If you are thinking about pure custom ... here are a few settings that I think, personally, are stunning without being ''too much''... you could get them custom made with any color you want. They would look amazing with green or pink, frankly.

ring_1.50ct_4735.jpg

ring_1.80ct_53-12.jpg

Um... this one might be too much but...
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

ring_60-1-1.jpg

In addition... if I were trying to do this on a budget I would go with an existing setting from a nice affordable designer like Vatche or Beverly K who has existing Deco repro settings that are good quality... and ask them to customize the halos for me with colored stones. Vatche and Beverly K are actually very acomodating usually, and might be willing to do this. I would contact Vatche trhough excel diamonds as their prices are the best it seems for Vatche... and I would contact Beverly K though Pearlmans as Bill is a doll and will bend over backward to help a customer.

For example... this existing setting by Beverly K would be easy to customize with Green or pink stones in place of the small bezeled rounds:

8WR376-A-D-D-M1.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2007 12:05:21 AM
Author: Gypsy
Every once is a while a thread really captures my imagination... so excuse me if I''m over posting and over welming you...

If you are thinking about pure custom ... here are a few settings that I think, personally, are stunning without being ''too much''... you could get them custom made with any color you want. They would look amazing with green or pink, frankly.

ring_1.50ct_4735.jpg

ring_1.80ct_53-12.jpg

Um... this one might be too much but...
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

ring_60-1-1.jpg

In addition... if I were trying to do this on a budget I would go with an existing setting from a nice affordable designer like Vatche or Beverly K who has existing Deco repro settings that are good quality... and ask them to customize the halos for me with colored stones. Vatche and Beverly K are actually very acomodating usually, and might be willing to do this. I would contact Vatche trhough excel diamonds as their prices are the best it seems for Vatche... and I would contact Beverly K though Pearlmans as Bill is a doll and will bend over backward to help a customer.

For example... this existing setting by Beverly K would be easy to customize with Green or pink stones in place of the small bezeled rounds:

I LOVE the middle two. The second blue and the first pink.
30.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is another Beverly K that I''d want to find out if it could be customized with the halo doen with pink stone in rose gold-- since Beverly K has existing (like the one above) pink diamond and rose gold settings it wouldn''t be too far a stretch for them. The airline of this one is a wonderful detail.

8WR397-A-D-D-M1.jpg

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
They all are really beautiful here.Just have to imagine them on my finger.Does one just pick from the photos and orders? I personally have not seen anything like this in any store? They are really stunning? just don''t know how they would look. Do you think I should try them on somewhere? Or just pick one.How about the stones? Do I have to pick the size? They are really nice...Thanks

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Where Is Mark located? I am in Canada, would be neat if I could just try some on for a better idea how it would look on me don''t you think?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Where do you live Scarleta? Let see if we can direct you to a couple of good vintage/antique jewelry stores so that you can go ahead and see some examples of Deco type settings with colored stones for you... plus some Beverly K and Beaudry dealers to round it out.

And yes, if they are well done... they will really look that good in person.

They are stunning aren't they?

Marks in NY. I was just suggesting him as a vendor for custom work.

Okay Canada makes it harder... do you come to the states much? LOL.

ETA: as for the size of the colored stone. No, its best if you pick a vendor to trust , give them an idea with pictures of the proportionality and let them use thier judgement to source the correct stones for you.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Yes I could come to the States, I am in Vancouver so somewhere close to me would work .They are all really nice...on the pics..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results