shape
carat
color
clarity

gemstone halos

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi, I don''t know many of you ::waving::

I was curious... can you set semi-precious stones in a halo? I was thinking it might be pretty to use aquamarines in a halo around a diamond... pink and yellow don''t do it for me, topaz is too dark, sapphire is way too dark, and... they''d look almost clear but not quite - or would they be too clear that small? or are they too soft?

Do you think it would make the diamond look fake?

widget

Ideal_Rock
I think aquas would be way too light in that size.

Sapphires don't have to be too dark...that would be my pick, I'd have my jeweler source some lighter stones...

widget

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2006 5:09:11 PM
Author: widget
I think aquas would be way too light in that size.

Sapphires don''t have to be too dark...that would be my pick, I''d have my jeweler source some lighter stones...

widget
I was thinking of them being *very* light... barely blue... way lighter than topaz... I know sapphihres come in clear but doesn''t that get really expensive?

riogems

Shiny_Rock
You can use other stones; however, the second best stone to use is probably sapphire. Sapphires wouldn''t necessarily be too dark -- keep in mind they are available in every color in varying intensities (not just blue). One of the points to be made though, is that those "halo" diamonds aren''t going to be expensive compared to the stone in the center, so most people would prefer to have diamonds for the halo when they realize that. Another stone we''ve done with the pave halo is tsavorite (a green garnet).

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2006 3:13:07 AM
Author: riogems
You can use other stones; however, the second best stone to use is probably sapphire. Sapphires wouldn''t necessarily be too dark -- keep in mind they are available in every color in varying intensities (not just blue). One of the points to be made though, is that those ''halo'' diamonds aren''t going to be expensive compared to the stone in the center, so most people would prefer to have diamonds for the halo when they realize that. Another stone we''ve done with the pave halo is tsavorite (a green garnet).
is there a thread here on colored halos? there should be! I see tons of colored stones with diamond halos... I''m doing a diamond center but thought it might be fun to have everso slight color around it... and so far all I''ve seeen are dark sapphires, yellow diamonds, and pink diamonds and pink sapphires.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have an amethyst pendant with a diamond halo and a sapphire pendant with a diamond halo. I LOVE the look of gemstone halos.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2006 12:34:21 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I have an amethyst pendant with a diamond halo and a sapphire pendant with a diamond halo. I LOVE the look of gemstone halos.
Oh I do too, but I was thinking more along the lines of the gemstone *being* the halo... I''ve seen yellow and pink diamonds, blue and pink sapphires... I don''t think I''ve ever seen emeralds around a diamond or topaz around a diamond... I''m thinking a cloud in the sky or marshmallow puff in a sea of something... like amethysts in a circle around a diamond... it sounds so pretty but I''ve only seen pink and yellow and sapphire... oh and I''ve seen rubies too. what about citrine or peridot around a diamond...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH! duh. There was a beautiful ring somewhere that had a sapphire halo around a diamond. I thought it was an amazing look.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2006 3:51:39 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
OH! duh. There was a beautiful ring somewhere that had a sapphire halo around a diamond. I thought it was an amazing look.
I''ve seen sapphire on fay cullen... but the more I think about amethyst around a diamond... ooooh that could be so pretty!!!!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Have you ever thought of Tanzanite? This would be great. they can be dark or you can have them be a lilac color or a pale lavender.

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/7/2006 10:12:39 AM
Author: ~*Alexis*~
Have you ever thought of Tanzanite? This would be great. they can be dark or you can have them be a lilac color or a pale lavender.
Tanzanite is probably too fragile for a halo (6.5). Amethyst scores a little bit higher on the hardness scale (7). Beryl (Emerald) is even harder than than that and comes in lots of different colors (7.5 - 8)... Here''s a great thread about that. Of course sapphire is quite hard(9). (Diamond of course, is 10)

I love the gemstone halo idea!
36.gif

conitta

Shiny_Rock
I love the idea of the halo being colored. In fact I have been thinking of having a ring made with blue diamond accents with a white diamond center.The amethyst from Uraguay would really be pretty.They have the pink flashes.And with the gemstones you could have larger halos!!!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
What kind of setting are you thinking for the halo? Prong? Channel?

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen amethyst halos and tsavorite halos but only with other colored gemstones in the center and not a diamond. I imagine someone could photoshop a diamond into the middle of some of these pics though. (all pics from diamond.com)

Tsavorite & Lemon Quartz
rcc201211_b_l.jpg

Tsavorite & Peridot
rcc201210_b_l.jpg

Sapphire & Blue Topaz
rcc201240_b_l.jpg

Amethyst & Chalcedony
ecc201351_b_l.jpg

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Wow kismet, those are GORGEOUS... That blue topaz ring is yummmmmy!
18.gif

conitta

Shiny_Rock
I like the first one the best with the white diamonds separating the 2 colors.Never seen that before..yummy

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love those earrings!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I know this isn''t a ring, but I love it and it is a gemstone halo!!

it is from ice.com and I have posted this before in another thread.....

swwweet.jpg

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
not my fav, but also a gemstone halo...

ice.com

rcc206617_b_l.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a leon that is to die for.

leongreen.jpg

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Here is one topaz ring with tanzanites for the halo. I am not a fan of the pear sides, but this could give you some ideas at least.
emsmile.gif

gemhalo555.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results