shape
carat
color
clarity

Help needed! Diamond novice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Chuck

Rough_Rock
I am planning on popping the question in the next few months and this will be my first diamond purchase ever and I need some help.

I was referred to a local wholesaler that 4 or 5 of my friends have had very good luck with. I feel very comfortable buying a diamond from him as he seems very trustworthy and is extremely nice to boot.

My girlfriend is 5'10 and has rather long, but not fat fingers so I want to make sure the diamond is big enough. All she said she cares about is color.

I found one that I like, but want to know if it is a good price. Here are the specs:

1.20 Ct
E Color
VS2 Clarity
$6780

What do you think?

Chuck

Rough_Rock
Almost forgot, I don't have the exact cut details handy, but most of the ones he handles are ideal cut.

This will be in a solitaire setting with a white gold band.

Chuck

Rough_Rock
I am new to the forum, so please tell me if I didn't provide enough information.

Thanks,
Chuck

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Is the stone GIA certed. Who graded the stone? Also, for feedback on the cut you need at the very least the depth & table %. Also, what are the measurements? - this is important.

To compare prices you can do a seach on pricescope for similar 1.20 diamonds.

Chuck

Rough_Rock
Thanks F&I,

I am going to get the specs today. I know it is GIA certified, but don't know the exact measurements. I am pretty sure it is an ideal cut, but at worst a very good.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results