Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Help needed! Diamond novice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Chuck

Rough_Rock
I am planning on popping the question in the next few months and this will be my first diamond purchase ever and I need some help.

I was referred to a local wholesaler that 4 or 5 of my friends have had very good luck with. I feel very comfortable buying a diamond from him as he seems very trustworthy and is extremely nice to boot.

My girlfriend is 5'10 and has rather long, but not fat fingers so I want to make sure the diamond is big enough. All she said she cares about is color.

I found one that I like, but want to know if it is a good price. Here are the specs:

1.20 Ct
E Color
VS2 Clarity
$6780

What do you think?

Chuck

Rough_Rock
Almost forgot, I don't have the exact cut details handy, but most of the ones he handles are ideal cut.

This will be in a solitaire setting with a white gold band.

Chuck

Rough_Rock
I am new to the forum, so please tell me if I didn't provide enough information.

Thanks,
Chuck

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Is the stone GIA certed. Who graded the stone? Also, for feedback on the cut you need at the very least the depth & table %. Also, what are the measurements? - this is important.

To compare prices you can do a seach on pricescope for similar 1.20 diamonds.

Chuck

Rough_Rock
Thanks F&I,

I am going to get the specs today. I know it is GIA certified, but don't know the exact measurements. I am pretty sure it is an ideal cut, but at worst a very good.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Jewelry for Women in their 20s
    Jewelry for Women in their 20s
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Paris Hilton is Engaged

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.