shape
carat
color
clarity

Help needed: a channel set wedding ring

bella3x

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

The long time lurking and reading, and even asking for the help allowed me to find the engagement ring of my dreams within our budget. My dearest hasn't proposed yet, but that deserves a separate topic.
And we are already thinking about wedding bands. And I literally hit the wall... :wall:
I want a 3/4 or full channel set eternity in platinum that will hold for life, with width of 2-2.3 mm. However, we live in Europe and it's not easy to find something of "PS quality" here.

So my choices are:
1. Custom order for a 3/4 eternity at The Facets Collection. It's within our budget and seems to be of high quality, judging from the reviews here. Cannot be engraved and can be a hassle with resizing/service if any problems arise afterwards + huge import taxes if I order it directly.

2. Buy a full eternity from Maison de l'alliance in Paris. Only 1125 EUR. Channel set with no little holes for stones, supposedly G VS quality melee and engraveable. However, I read a few scary reviews about eternity rings not holding for even a year. French are known for complaining a lot, though. Looks pretty on my hand - we were able to drop by their boutique and see the rings in person. But again, I haven't seen much before.

3. Keep looking

Has anyone had a channel set The Facets collection ring for more than 1-2 years? Do they wear well? Or has anyone by some crazy chance had any experience with Maison de l'alliance? I'll also be very grateful if anyone can recommend affordable high quality jewelry shops in Paris.

Sorry for the long post - my thoughts are all over the place now.

bella3x

Rough_Rock
Tiffany/De Beers eternity rings are beautiful, but they are way out of our budget. :|

Another question I forgot to ask: are eternity rings any good for a daily wear by a clumsy person?

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Do you want the stones to be 2-2.3mm or the entire ring?

The channel set from Whiteflash is 2mm overall and is resizeable by them within one size. It's 3/4 eternity. Priced at $1195 USD in Platinum.

I also have a band from the facets collection that I quite like. They were nice to work with.

I am murder on eternities so all of mine have been replaced with 3/4.

bella3x

Rough_Rock
kb1gra|1476222459|4085859 said:
Do you want the stones to be 2-2.3mm or the entire ring?

The channel set from Whiteflash is 2mm overall and is resizeable by them within one size. It's 3/4 eternity. Priced at $1195 USD in Platinum.

I also have a band from the facets collection that I quite like. They were nice to work with.

I am murder on eternities so all of mine have been replaced with 3/4.

I want the ring to be 2-2.3 mm. Even thinner could be nice, but the I'd too concerned about sturdiness.

Yes, saw the ring from Whiteflash. But I tried asking about earrings for my mom and it took me 3 injuries and quite some time just to get the "no, we don't deliver to that country". So don't want to work with them.

Leah from Facets is nice and responds in timely manner, which I like :) Will most likely go with that option, in 3/4 eternity.

Thank you for taking time to respond! I really needed to know a real human being's experience :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results