shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP! Need advice re: Steven Kirsch setting w/ Exposed Culet

wisesunrise

Rough_Rock
Hi all!

I'm searching for the perfect 6-prong e-ring setting for a 2ct Amora Gem with a pave shank. I LOVE the way a 6-prong ring looks from above, but as I'm doing more research, I'm realizing that I really don't like most of the baskets/settings I've seen thus far :'(

I don't like the Tiffany-style tulip basket as it comes off as too pointy (okay maybe I'm weird) and I also don't love Victor Canera's scalloped basket (that is, however, an improvement on the Tiffany tulip style) because it reminds me of a cobweb. So, I'm pretty picky + particular (clearly) LOL.

So I came across Steven Kirsch's Devotion setting and I think it looks SO unique and amazing. It doesn't have that cob-webby feel nor the long prongs of the tulip-style baskets. But... and this may be a big but... the culet of the gem would be fully exposed :/

How dangerous is this? Is there any risk that the gem could crack from below? Obviously investing in an expensive setting only to have it not be durable + potentially destroy the gem itself isn't good.

But I love it, out of all the ones I've seen so far. SK also has a similar one called the Embrace which does protect the culet more, but I'm not sure I love it. I kind of like the simplicity of the Devotion. And, to make matters more complicated, I kind of want a low-profile setting.

Please HELP! What do you think?!

ring-devotion-round-diamond-solitaire-six-prong-pave-platinum-steven-kirsch-3.png

original-1417367810-312-3145-1422_1.jpg

victor_canera_scalloped_1.jpg

ring-embrace-platinum-diamonds-solitaire-steven-kirsch-2.png

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: HELP! Need advice re: Steven Kirsch setting w/ Exposed C

I'm sure some qualified folks will chime in. I see the SK with exposed cutler. I see the spider web by one, but that other isn't a Tiffany replica. I'm not following perhaps. Those extra diamond on the sides are creating all the pointiness IMO. I'm not a fan of that, but plain Tiffany - I do like. Again, I may be reading too quickly.

wisesunrise

Rough_Rock

motownmama|1481393648|4106137 said:
I'm sure some qualified folks will chime in. I see the SK with exposed cutler. I see the spider web by one, but that other isn't a Tiffany replica. I'm not following perhaps. Those extra diamond on the sides are creating all the pointiness IMO. I'm not a fan of that, but plain Tiffany - I do like. Again, I may be reading too quickly.

Motownmama -- thank you so much for the response! you're right -- it's not the Tiffany prong style. Here is a picture of that one. Regardless, I kind of feel like both are too pointy for my liking :'(

8d39f018d54627e90c88e547a1afcf2c.jpg

I guess the question is -- would the Devotion be safe to wear? Does anyone have this one and/or the Embrace? I'd love to see it on people's actual hands if possible...

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It should be safe as long as it is worn alone. It gets less safe if you wear it with another band, though wearing it with a plain metal band should also be fine. DO NOT wear it with another diamond band without a spacer, because diamonds will chip diamonds and you could definitely chip your main diamond that way.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results