shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP! Modifying my engagement ring...

bibiloves

Shiny_Rock
I honestly would put the diamond in a new solitaire setting and use the side stones to make a curved band as suggested. Maybe reach out to David Klass and other jewelers to see how much that would cost.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I might be in the minority, but I actually still think that removing the crown should be fairly easy. At this point, I am actually not sure that the crown is soldered to the shank of the solitaire.

I was trying to figure out that this thing is:
6711CB20-54C6-4C7B-956E-78BCBEED937F.jpeg 1B707F7C-AAC5-4B53-B7EF-685895BB6DEA.jpeg

And now I actually think that’s all that is holding the crown in place. It seems that the jeweler used a “bridge” to pass through the basket and solder in the other side. :confused:

That’s said, I am not a jeweler, so that all of this with a grain of salt. I would personally take it to the original jeweler and say that you are not pleased with the design and can he please remove the crown. See that he/she says and go from there.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am completely in love with my fiancé and so extremely excited to marry him! However, I’m having a really hard time falling in love with my engagement ring.
I feel so incredibly guilty! I’m not a fan of big flashy jewellery, and I prefer smaller and simple designs. My beautiful fiancé went above and beyond, and appears to have spent lot of money on a big engagement ring for me that I just can’t seem to get used to. I want so badly to be happy with it and proudly show it off, but it’s not my style and doesn’t feel like me. It breaks my heart!
I very delicately suggested to him that the ring felt ‘a bit much’ for me, and being the beautiful soul that he is, he told me that we could modify it any way we wanted and that it’s not important what the ring looks like, it’s only that we are engaged.
I’m wondering what are easy modifications to make to this ring? I’d really appreciate your help with suggestions to modifications, and what modifications cost.

This is the ring he had made:
IMG_8185.jpg

IMG_8140.jpg

I’m not crazy about the pear shaped diamonds at the top, but I thought if they couldn’t be replaced then maybe I could add them to the wedding band and create a set... Like this:

Screen_Shot_2019-09-12_at_1.03_.21_pm_.png

Can anyone tell me if that would be an easy/cheap fix?

Or do you think a jeweler would substitute the pear diamonds for a different design? Like these smaller ones:
Screen_Shot_2019-09-12_at_1.08_.37_pm_.png

I really appreciate any suggestions and advice! THANK YOU!

Honestly, the side diamonds next to the center stone don't seem very well proportioned for a three stone. I second the idea of taking two pears and the side rounds, making them into earrings, and then I'd take the third pear and make it into a pendant. You will be very blinged out for your wedding, AND, each diamond he's given you will have its own special place. ;)2

If you prefer to keep them in a ring, the curved band would be suitable. However, I'm not sure if it's any cheaper of a fix than just dropping the diamonds into pre-made baskets for a pendant/earrings. You can put the center stone into a solitaire setting. Honestly, there's so much going on and without a really close up look, it's too hard to tell whether you can just easily remove the pears from your existing setting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results