shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me welcome my new baby!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
DeeJay,

Are you going to join the porsche club in your area? They have all kinds of activities, just google (your city) porsche club, and it should come right up.

Also, there are tons of Porsche forums out there. Not as fun as PS of course ;)) but good for weird technical questions. Or just for picture posting. :bigsmile:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1351700011|3296284 said:
DeeJay,

Are you going to join the porsche club in your area? They have all kinds of activities, just google (your city) porsche club, and it should come right up.

Also, there are tons of Porsche forums out there. Not as fun as PS of course ;)) but good for weird technical questions. Or just for picture posting. :bigsmile:

OMG!!! iLander, you're BRILLIANT! I can actually MEET PEOPLE this way!!! That's one of my problems here in Kansas City is it's almost impossible to meet anyone (and I don't mean dating type people, just regular be-friends-with-people, because everyone is married and rushes off to their five acre mini-mastion in the Bumfvckonia at the stroke of 5 pm). Seriously, if it weren't for OneFifty and two other people that I was introducted to by friends in Chicago, Billy Ray and I would be totally on our own down here. iLander, I could KISS you right now!!!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay said:
OMG!!! iLander, you're BRILLIANT! I can actually MEET PEOPLE this way!!! That's one of my problems here in Kansas City is it's almost impossible to meet anyone (and I don't mean dating type people, just regular be-friends-with-people, because everyone is married and rushes off to their five acre mini-mastion in the Bumfvckonia at the stroke of 5 pm). Seriously, if it weren't for OneFifty and two other people that I was introducted to by friends in Chicago, Billy Ray and I would be totally on our own down here. iLander, I could KISS you right now!!!

Lol! :D

I'm glad you like that idea! I would advise you to brush up on your car's specs, torque, horsepower, etc, before you go. I've been thinking about joining, but have never gotten around to it. It looks like fun, with club drives and stuff.

Be sure to talk to the ladies more than the guys, though, women are threatened by a single lady, but you know how that goes. :rolleyes:

Be SURE and report back to me how it goes! If it's not too terrible, DH and I might join. And if you meet a cute guy, I'd like all the details (and credit) on that. :naughty:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1351710698|3296361 said:
Dee*Jay said:

Lol! :D

I'm glad you like that idea! I would advise you to brush up on your car's specs, torque, horsepower, etc, before you go. I've been thinking about joining, but have never gotten around to it. It looks like fun, with club drives and stuff.

Be sure to talk to the ladies more than the guys, though, women are threatened by a single lady, but you know how that goes. :rolleyes:

Be SURE and report back to me how it goes! If it's not too terrible, DH and I might join. And if you meet a cute guy, I'd like all the details (and credit) on that. :naughty:

I just have the most BASIC of 911s -- no man in this club would want me! :lol: Now when I get the TURBO, I might be considered more of an acceptable catch.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Need a babysitter??????

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1351714528|3296396 said:
I just have the most BASIC of 911s -- no man in this club would want me! :lol: Now when I get the TURBO, I might be considered more of an acceptable catch.

Oh, please. :rolleyes: :D

A woman with a hot sports car is like a woman that loves to talk sports; they're rare and highly desirable to men.

If you had a Turbo, they'd like you less, because you might have a better car than theirs. Base 911 is the way to go! :naughty:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! I'd definitly give up some bling for that! Enjoy BR!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
It's just beautiful DeeJay! I love the color! We need more pics! :appl:

Great suggestion about joining your local PCA. Great way to meet people. Have fun!!!!

Just remember... when you're flying through a corner at speed... don't.lift. ;))

iLander

Ideal_Rock
portia|1351809749|3297036 said:

Great suggestion about joining your local PCA. Great way to meet people. Have fun!!!!

Just remember... when you're flying through a corner at speed... don't.lift. ;))

Portia,

Do you have driving tips? :shock: I would love to hear some of those, and DeeJay doesn't mind thread jacks. ;))

I've begun taking corners with barely any speed reduction at all, (I have the automatic PDK and PSC stability control) and I've done okay. Please pass along what you've learned at the track! :appl:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I agree, more pics, I want interior shots, since I can't remember where we ended up with that. :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Portia, I'm glad you came back to visit with Junior! I would LOVE any dirving tips you would like to share, and if you have an opinion on the winter tires/wheels, I would be very interested in that too. David has also given me some good feedback earlier in this thread, and I will certainly drive conservatively in any sort of weather at all.

iLander, I know I owe you and David some pics. For some reason my new iphone is sending pics through in a funky format, but I will get out there this weekend with a real camera. Interior, rear shots, more exterior shots, and who knows what else I can find to snap pictures of!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally unrelated random post (is anyone surprised--it is ME, after all!), but Automobile Magazine just named the Tesla Model S as Car of the Year. It's a bute, and FAST!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
ACK!! I finally had time to see the thread! Oh Deejay, Jr. is gorgeous... What an amazing car. I love the color too. It's so perfect for you. With any luck at all, I'll get a ride in the future. I bet that bad boy is going to be a great man magnet. :naughty:

portia

Brilliant_Rock
iLander|1351814196|3297065 said:
portia|1351809749|3297036 said:

Portia,

Do you have driving tips? :shock: I would love to hear some of those, and DeeJay doesn't mind thread jacks. ;))

I've begun taking corners with barely any speed reduction at all, (I have the automatic PDK and PSC stability control) and I've done okay. Please pass along what you've learned at the track! :appl:

I don't know iLander, if you're not braking for corners maybe you can teach me a thing or two! Brakes? Who needs 'em, right? :appl:

Just joking about don't.lift. I saw a Porsche a long time ago with that on a vanity plate. I thought that was so appropriate. Loved it!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
DeeJay, sorry I haven't been back to properly congratulate you on your new arrival. Super busy work and personal life in the last couple weeks. You absolutely must take more pictures! You can't leave us hanging like this! haha

Driving tips... well, I have many, but I race an ooooooooooold Porsche ('69 911S). It's old school, baby! Very unforgiving. You have such new technology on that bad boy Jr., I don't think you have to worry about anything other than holding off all the oogling men!

As far as tires go, I think you're just fine with what you have. You have another car for winter weather, right? If so, don't worry about it. Your tires will be perfect for driving, even in cold weather. I have all-weather tires on my BMW M3, but I drive it in rain and very light snow. I think you're good to go! Now where are those pictures? [tapping foot, impatiently waiting]

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man... I just lost my post... let me try again...

lulu, tyty and miracles, PLEASE come hang out with me and Junior -- I promise we will have a good time!

miracles, I know we covered this before, but let's just reaffirm: When we go out, *I* will drive. :cheeky:

Portia, thank you for coming back to the thread and for the info! I just read through another thread on lifting in a car forum, which was pretty interesting. As for the tires, thank you! I also talked with my neighbor who has a Corvette in the parking garage tonight and he doesn't switch his out either. That being said, he has been caught a couple of day with sharply dropped temps and also one unexpected snowstorm, so he doesn't take his car out below about 45 degrees.

If anyone is up tomorrow morning you are welcome to join me at the KC Portia Club weekly breakfast, which is held at a restaurant about 15 mins from my house... at 7:30... wow, that's early... I hope they're nice to me! :bigsmile:

ETA: Pics will be forthcoming tomorrow -- I promise!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Ummmm, yeah, I think I will re-affirm that I said I would get a ride, not get to drive. I already know I couldn't get you drunk enough to hand over the keys. Wait! :saint:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
miraclesrule|1351898777|3297641 said:
Ummmm, yeah, I think I will re-affirm that I said I would get a ride, not get to drive. I already know I couldn't get you drunk enough to hand over the keys. Wait! :saint:

SORRY - I meant iLander is not allowed to drive!!! That's what happens when you have to retype a long post... you lose a little of the detail!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I'm still thinking about the getting you too drunk to drive part.... :tongue:

As long as it's armed with air bags, I have no trouble being a passenger with a good driver. I can tell you'll be a good driver. Lauren the Partier is another awesome "bat outta hell" driver. It makes being a passenger very relaxing...even at speeds nearing 100 mph.

I would just love to be there when you take a fast corner noting the lack of body roll from my passenger seat. Oh man, researching Gramma cars is such a bummer now....

ETA: Oh wait, lookie here, I found a post from Oct. 9 and I quote "Miracles, you will be the coolest gramma ever no matter what you drive. And you are welcome to ride in—and drive—my car any time!" Hahahahaha, gotcha! :bigsmile: Seriously though, I wouldn't dare drive someone's gazillion dollar car because I would be scared $*^#less that something would happen when I was behind the wheel. I would however ask that you take out your studs (earrings) and let me wear them while you drive. :lickout:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As promised, more pics! David, these next two are for you. Look at the hips on that thing!!!

Attachments

• a-back.bmp
    99.4 KB · Views: 178

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curvy!

Attachments

• a-back_and_side_2.bmp
    99.4 KB · Views: 177

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont' know why these are so small... damn iphone!!!

Front with the clouds reflecting.

Attachments

• a-front_2.bmp
    99.9 KB · Views: 175

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interior

Attachments

• a-interior_2.bmp
    99.4 KB · Views: 178

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Steering wheel and dash (I don't even know what some of those dial things ARE... :o )

Attachments

• a-steering_wheel.bmp
    99.4 KB · Views: 184

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry about the teeny tiny pics... I have given up on technoloy.

So I went to the breakfast this morning. I knew I was in the right place because there were about 30 Porsches lined up precisely in the back row of the restaurant parking lot, LOL. They were very nice people and a lot of fun. I was invited to a track event tomorrow morning (why do they do these things so EARLY?!) and I plan on going to give Junior a little thrill. (Nothing serious for me in terms of racing obviously, just a few trips through the obstacle course with an instructor--purely to improve my driving skills of course! :cheeky: )

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DJ...take me out for a spin :!:

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
That's really a great plan, DeeJay! Safety First! This will help you learn how to handle Jr.

My new line "I can't help it if I'm built like a Porsche! Curvy with big hips" :naughty:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF, any time!

Miracles, love it!

And I'm sure you guys are more than tired of me and my pictures by now, but I had to post the adorable OneFifty testing out Junior after we had lunch today.

Attachments

• 150.bmp
    8.4 KB · Views: 158

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, WTF...?

Let's try that again.

aa150.jpg

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Happy One Week Birthday, Billy Ray Jr. :appl: