shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me welcome my new baby!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All kidding aside, I love Billy Ray and his beautiful coloring - is that metallic charcoal or gunmetal? Whatever it is, its a beautiful color.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1351461327|3294320 said:
He looks great on you - and makes you look so thin and toned, too! :cheeky:

Ha! When I stood by the car yesterday I turned to the salesman and said, does this Porsche make my a$$ look fat? He laughed like hell!

ETA: The color is very metallic and reflective, and it's called agate grey. Very much like Mercedes pewter metallic if that helps at all.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly, you'll be hard pressed to even be noticed next to him! :love: :love:

stci

Ideal_Rock
Wahooooooooo! Congratulations for this incredible baby! :love: :appl: :love:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
YAY! :appl: :appl:

That is awesome! He is one handsome fellow! :love: :love:

Congrats!

Now you will learn what everyone that has a Porsche says "Nothing feels like a Porsche". Doesn't it feel like every other car you've owned is just a prelude to this one? I've also found that Porsche owners may have to give up their cars for life reasons (babies, insanity) but they miss them and end up getting another one as soon as possible.

I've never owned a car that I looked forward to driving, and that I actually "go for a drive" in. For the fun of it. Now I do, and you will too. :)

Congrats! And enjoy it!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh La La! It is so pretty. It's you!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Congratulations.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Finally. Something on PS my husband would like to see a video of :cheeky:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
rosetta|1351501065|3294668 said:
Finally. Something on PS my husband would like to see a video of :cheeky:

LOL! Mine's in line for a look at the video too!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
You look PERFECT beside him, Dee JAy! It does NOT make you a$$ look anything other than awesome!!!

Keep posting more pics, like interior shots and the egnine and trunk shots...in for a penny in for a pound, right? ;)) Thnk of them as profile and mounting shots! 8-) :lol:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I drove Jr. to work this morning and I had the window down because... um... frankly, I enjoy listening to him purr! and at a stop light a guy walking across the street waved at me and said "Ma'am, that's a beautiful car." Made my day!

There are more pics (although there's not really much to see in terms of the guts of the thing because it's all covered up), but I can't get the files to post (I think they are coming through as MT files instead of JPEG or BMP...?). For some reason my damn iphone is angry and things are not translating well. I will try to find my regular camera at home and snap a few more. I might have to wait until the weekend though so I can go park outside for decent light.

And would it be wrong to get an 8 X 10 of Junior for my desk? I'm the only one here without family photos and I'm afraid the sole other picture I have (of Clint Eastwood!) on my desk might be lonely.

OneFifty

Shiny_Rock
Jr is absolutely gorgeous! Congrats!

I totally think you should put a picture of him on you desk. He is your baby after all.

I'm ready for my ride!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OneFifty, we need to meet up for lunch again before the weather turns! Preferably in a place with a big perfectly smoothly paved parking lot.. :cheeky: And then we will go for a ride!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful!! And you look so fabulous in it!

The weather's supposed to take a turn for the better soon, right? Enjoy!

OneFifty

Shiny_Rock
I'm in!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
This makes me so much more excited to deliver my baby in December! If only, right?! (I kid, I kid.)

Your baby is beautiful, and you look awesome in it! Enjoy!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Oooooooooo! My dream car! So glad to hear its as marvelous as I imagined...

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1351518909|3294772 said:
And would it be wrong to get an 8 X 10 of Junior for my desk? I'm the only one here without family photos and I'm afraid the sole other picture I have (of Clint Eastwood!) on my desk might be lonely.

How could it be wrong to have a picture of your BABY on your desk? :lol:

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
She's gorgeous Dee Jay- congrats.
Speaking of a$$, how about a picture of the back of the car- that's one of my favorite parts ( of a car)

Yes to the photos, and even more so to a scale model.....I was lucky with my Boxster- it was the same color as commercially available scale models- but I'm sure you can have one made in your color.....

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks all for the support on having a *baby* pic up on my desk!

David, I have more pictures (including of the a$$!) but they are saved as some crazy sort of file. I will try to take other photos this weekend with a real camera. And one of the things I'm getting used to is that I can see the "hips" in the side view mirrors. I'm good with it now, but at first it was a little awkward!

BTW David, where are your cars right now? Do you have parking that's not impacted by the flooding?

Opinions on tires please... I am reading that I should not drive on summer performance tires in colder weather. The numbers people throw out start at 50 degrees! Is that true; i.e., is it unsafe to drive at 50 degrees? I'm not talking anything crazy either, just getting from my house to work. I sent an email to the dealer asking about winter tires, but I haven't heard back yet (as if he's going to pass up an opportunity to collect even MORE money from me -- ha!). I've also read that I should get a tire/wheel package because it's not good for the rims to be taking the tires off/putting them on.

If anyone has thoughts on this, I would love to hear them...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trying to post a pic in a converted format. Not sure if this will work...

rear.jpg

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Dee Jay,
luckily, our new baby was in the garage, and we had no water damage whatsoever.
love the rear end.
Please take a photo directly from behind, so we can see how fat those tires are. I love the way they look.

About those tires: my experience is that you cannot drive these cars in even the tiniest amount of snow. I have heard people of the four-wheel-drive models say that they are good in the snow, I would not like to find out.
Well, let me rephrase that, I have found out. They suck in the snow. As far as cold… when the roads are clear, I've driven on summer tires no matter how cold it is outside. 50 degrees might hold true on a racetrack, but no way driving on the street. That's overkill.

You don't want to be getting aggressive, especially when they're cold.
Remember, no matter how much electronic babysitter mechanisms are put into the car to help you drive, it's still a different experience than most other cars. Having the engine behind the wheels is what gives the amazing driving experience, but also creates a different dynamic, if there is any instability whatsoever.
Basically, it's very easy to get the tail of the car hanging out, or worse, going in the wrong direction depending on how you apply the throttle.
For example, if you find yourself going too fast in the turn, and you pull back off the throttle quickly, the car may react badly. I mean it may swap ends, unexpectedly.
I'm not trying to scare you, but you have a very powerful machine and you need to understand that when you're driving it.
All these things would be more exaggerated in a very cold situation with summer tires.
Sorry, I don't mean to sound like your old man, and you might already know all this stuff.

if you're going for Winter tire package, then it makes sense to get the wheels too. But as I said, I don't really think it's worth it for me. I'm not going to drive in the snow, and when it's cold, I just drive carefully. If it gets arctic cold here in the city, I'd probably use my other car anyway.

about the mirrors: I love seeing those powerful flanks as well. But when adjusted properly, you may not be able to see the body. I like this method
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwzUE6PHk4U

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

While we don't have a Porsche, we have other awesome German vehicles--which all have winter tires and their own rims. We have a storage shed just for tires! I would not drive anywhere in my neck of the woods without them--and we have an SUV.

Two of our MB's have winter (snow/sleet) Perelli's and my son's Acura has Toyo's. We were fortunate to buy AMG rims for two vehicles--from "reliable" people we knew who were selling, as the dealers pricing was outrageous, for rims. Added up when we had three cars to outfit.

I like the look of nice rims all year round--we all do in this household. Call it vanity--I don't care. :saint:

If you don't buy from the dealer, remember these cars need very specifc tires, etc. My DH did his homework--spreadsheets and all! :))

cheers--Sharon

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous car-congratulations! I looooove the color and I also used to be a bit of a speed demon, so I'm betting I'd like how fast it accelerates too! Drive it in good health! :cheeky:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
David - Please, do not EVER hesitate to give me good advice! I treat this car like I treat the Demon Dog. The Demon has bitten several people over the years, including me once, so as much as I love both Junior and The Demon, I intend to treat them both with the respect they deserve.

Thanks for the mirror link. I think the problem is, I'm... um... SHORT! So part of the issue is that my head isn't that much above the mirror level, which isn't that much above the hips. I will try some adjusting though and see what I come up with.

As for winter tires, yes, I'm going to get some ASAP. There will be NO driving in the snow or ice, but if it's prefectly dry in the winter I would like to be able to drive Junior--safely. I have found some wheels (not at Porsche, but at a local place here in KC that the other Porsche driver in my office goes to) that take the factory caps, so I will not only get good tires and wheels, I'll even have the logo on them. I'm totally with you on this one Sharon!

Thing2, he is a zippy little bugger!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely adorable is your new baby Dee Jay - I am sure it will give you many hours of driving pleasure. We have a new arrival coming in the next week too, very exciting but this time it's my dh turn =)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Monnyjay! And if you (and your DH) would like to share when the car stork brings your baby, we are definitely interested in seeing!

OneFifty

Shiny_Rock
The weather is supposed to be pretty nice later this week and for the weekend. Don't need those cold weather tires yet for zoom around! :twisted:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OneFifty, should we meet for lunch on Saturday?!? Pick a place--I'm game for anywhere! Last time you came down here, but I'm totally willing to head to your neck of the woods.

OneFifty

Shiny_Rock
Sounds good. I'll send you a text when I figure out a good place.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results