shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me understand diamond color please!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! With the 1.7 we like, it's a GIA Dossier report and doesn't specify CVD or HPHT. I guess there's no way to know if it's not on the report right? I prefer HPHT as it sounds like that is the best of the two.

It's likely CVD.

I'll do some HPHT searching for your $2-3k budget cap and see if there's anything out there worth pursuing.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
@sheezacowgurl is 2 carats your hard stop limit?
I'm finding GIA graded D VS1 or better HPHT 2.3-2.4, if you want. If not, then I'll make some recommendations in the 1.50-2.0x range.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

sheezacowgurl

Rough_Rock
Thank you! Yes 2ct is my limit (hopefully I won't regret that later on lol). In pictures, I'm a little more drawn to 1.5 and 1.75 ct range, but I'd go up to 2 if a great one is found!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! Yes 2ct is my limit (hopefully I won't regret that later on lol). In pictures, I'm a little more drawn to 1.5 and 1.75 ct range, but I'd go up to 2 if a great one is found!

Take a long look at that beautiful 2.03 that I posted in my most recent reply. :)

sheezacowgurl

Rough_Rock
Take a long look at that beautiful 2.03 that I posted in my most recent reply. :)

Ok, trying to decide between this 2.03 and the 1.50 below
Minus the size difference, any thoughts between these? One a better cut, one you think may look nicer in person? When I look at the videos the background is different, so maybe that's why, but the 1.50 looks darker/grey and the 2.03 looks warmer compared to the 1.50 side by side. Thanks!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Ok, trying to decide between this 2.03 and the 1.50 below
Minus the size difference, any thoughts between these? One a better cut, one you think may look nicer in person? When I look at the videos the background is different, so maybe that's why, but the 1.50 looks darker/grey and the 2.03 looks warmer compared to the 1.50 side by side. Thanks!

Your link goes to the general inventory page.
Got a grading report number for the 1.50?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Here you go 2467689231

I think either would be a great performing option, but the 2 carat would be, well, 2 carats. LOL

Last edited:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think either would be a great performing, but the 2 carat would be, well, 2 carats. LOL

Agreed! :lol:

sheezacowgurl

Rough_Rock
@DejaWiz would u mind giving me your thoughts on a diamond I found? Is there a way I can share it without disclosing too much info, since the last couple you recommended were no longer available after posting here? Thanks!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
@DejaWiz would u mind giving me your thoughts on a diamond I found? Is there a way I can share it without disclosing too much info, since the last couple you recommended were no longer available after posting here? Thanks!

Absolutely!
If needed, you can send a chat request at Reddit (if you have an account there). Otherwise,I'll do my best with whatever info that you can provide without revealing too much.
...you can also place the diamond(s) on hold before you post any info.

sheezacowgurl

Rough_Rock
Absolutely!
If needed, you can send a chat request at Reddit (if you have an account there). Otherwise,I'll do my best with whatever info that you can provide without revealing too much.
...you can also place the diamond(s) on hold before you post any info.

Ok, thanks. I’ll look into the Reddit account. Unfortunately, when I went to send you the diamond info, it showed unavailable too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results