shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Me Spend $1650 at Signed Pieces!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I am so excited!! Most of you know that I reset my diamond into a solitaire, thus leaving me with an empty mounting from Facets. I had been communicating a bit with Isaac at Signed Pieces, telling him of the problems I''d had with the stones abrading each other. I tried selling the ring on Ebay with no luck and had pretty much decided to just let it sit in my jewelry box indefinitely. It occured to me the other day, though, that it couldn''t hurt to ask SP if they''d be willing to accept a trade-in, something they offered me a while back when I was upgrading my diamond. I certainly wasn''t expecting anything as the mounting is now just 2 months shy of being a year old. Well, great news!!! Isaac said yes!!! He very generously agreed to allow me to trade-in my old mounting towards something of equal value!!!!! Now, that is fantastic customer service!!! He said that making his customers happy is the most important thing and that if the mounting didn''t work for me, he wants me to have something that does. How amazing is that!! I''m really just so pleased not to be out that money and to be able to get something that I can wear. I just can''t say enough about the customer service there. I know I want some kind of ring (I don''t wear any other kinds of jewelry). Any suggestions? Mainly, though, I just wanted to give a big kudos to SP for going above and beyond for me.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Dem, that is so awesome. Have you thought about a RHR? I''ll have to go peek at their site and see what I find.

shay

prettyinpave

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know what you have already, but I''d get a colored stone eternity band.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
half-hoop earrings!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, that''s great news, hmmmm.
27.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I was thinking about getting 2 of these bands to use for stacking purposes. They're 2.2 mm wide and 1.5 mm deep. Isaac said to hold off on making a decision just yet because he has some new bands coming in next week. But I do like these. What do you guys think?

http://www.thefacetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=2168

ETA Or I could do something like this. It's a 7 stone shared prong band. The diamonds are much bigger than those in my eternity band, but I wonder if it would just be redundant.

http://www.thefacetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=2552

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
Demelza, I am so happy for you!!! It sounds like we both scored with Signed Pieces(see my recent post, my ring arrives tomorrow). They really put the customer first and care about each and every one, and realize that happy customers really make their business successful. They totally "get" it. My next goal.....well I will have to save a few years, is to get a tennis braclet from them! Best wishes in picking a new ring!

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
I like the first one, sooo dainty and delicate!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, Repeat after me!

NO MORE SHARED PRONG!!!

I will throttle you if you get another shared prong ring and have more issues with it.
9.gif
You know I will do it!

I like the first ring you posted, if the ones that they get in next week are anything like that, I''d go that route, it''s fab for stacking and you can put them around your shared prong wedding ring to do a 3 ring thing or get a colored stone one from somewhere else and do stacking. For me two eternity stackables can be used in MANY ways. You can even stack them with the MB baby lace in the middle when you are wearing your simple plain band on the left hand.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
okay, okay -- I will step away from the shared prong ring. My inclination is to do something stackable. Here's another option, but I'm not sure I like them as well. They are shared prong, but they have flat edges for stacking.

http://www.thefacetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=2173

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
Ohhh I like that! You could get 2 of these dainty sparkly beauties, and put them on each side of your ring. Yum! I like the flexability of that!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
WooHoo! What fun!

Actually, I like the last one you posted the best. SUPER thin, great for stacking... and since you can get two... well, what''dya think about one for you... and one for me???!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Have fun shopping, girlfiend!
And BTW, EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE, SP!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Lynn

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Demelza, it''s GREAT that Signed Pieces has come through for you!
36.gif

Please remind me of what exactly you have now. I know you have the SC e-ring and plain knife edge band.

Do you also still have the SP eternity (half-eternity?) band? If so, how big are those stones?

Did you order another diamond eternity style band? What about the MichaelB lace ring?

I need all of that info before I spend your $1650 for you!
2.gif

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
What FUN!!!!

How about seeing what they have in estate jewelry. This ring is a Judith Ripka (her most expensive line) pink tourmaline and diamond ring that I got from Signed Pieces for about $1,800.00.

cr_jr-tourmaline.jpg

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2005 10:44:59 PM
Author: Patty
Wow, Demelza, it''s GREAT that Signed Pieces has come through for you!
36.gif

Please remind me of what exactly you have now. I know you have the SC e-ring and plain knife edge band.

Do you also still have the SP eternity (half-eternity?) band? If so, how big are those stones?

Did you order another diamond eternity style band? What about the MichaelB lace ring?

I need all of that info before I spend your $1650 for you!
2.gif

Here''s my inventory: SC set, my original SP shared prong eternity ring (4 pointers for total weight of 1.14) and the MB ring.

Okay, now you can spend my money
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I too like the last ones you posted, great for stacking. They seem to have enough metal on the outer edges so I don''t think they would pose any problems. Have you considered adding some color???
31.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Ah, okay, thank you for the inventory update, D.!
35.gif

I''m with Mara...no more shared prong for you!

I love the second set of stacking bands that you posted!

You could wear them on either side of your solitaire and maybe even with your shared prong ring in between? (Or would the shared prong eat away at the new ones?)

You could also wear them on either side of your MB ring!

Or by themselves!

Or give one to me and one to Lynn and never have to worry about them again!
2.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/29/2005 10:52:42 PM
Author: crafftygrrl

How about seeing what they have in estate jewelry.

I was thinking the same, but there isn''t much in the signed pieces ranks. With the abovementioned stackable bands missing, I don''t know what would work. Your tourmaline ring was a good find indeed
5.gif

Until something came along that could count towards a rather nice ring or pendant - THIS

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/29/2005 9:03:36 PM
Author: Demelza

They are shared prong, but they have flat edges for stacking. (link)
Being so small, it may not have the same dreaded problem (it may not be the flat or grooved edge of the band but the diamonds' girdles hanginf over and either stine may allow that) - the prongs are pretty large compared to the stones. I definitely like these more than the former (i.e. this one) - I am not sure where the diamonds are from all the little metal shavings there.

14272.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I do not know if you are Christian, but if you are what about a lovely Diamond Cross?
The Half-Hoop Earrings could be really cute as well depending on where the diamonds stopped on your ears.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2005 10:41:43 AM
Author: valeria101

Date: 11/29/2005 9:03:36 PM
Author: Demelza

They are shared prong, but they have flat edges for stacking. (link)
Being so small, it may not have the same dreaded problem (it may not be the flat or grooved edge of the band but the diamonds'' girdles hanginf over and either stine may allow that) - the prongs are pretty large compared to the stones. I definitely like these more than the former (i.e. this one) - I am not sure where the diamonds are from all the little metal shavings there.

14272.jpg
I''ve got my eye on this one for myself to wear with my plat X prong ering. Does anyone have it or have more insight about whether the exposed girdles would be a problem?
Thanks!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Dem, I''m a bit late to the thread, but I''m so glad SP is allowing a trade in! What excellent customer service on their part!

And I do like the idea of stacking with two bands.
30.gif
30.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, guys, for all the great suggestions. I definitely want a ring -- I really don't wear other jewelry. I'm a ring girl through and through.

The small shared prong bands don't look like there would be any problems with exposed girdles. It looks like a completely straight edge. They just look so "prongy" in comparison to the size of the stones. But I agree that the channel set pave bands look a bit odd with some much metal between the stones.

I'm kind of tempted by this one to wear as a stand alone ring. I like the basket setting and the size of the stones. They're 13 points each. Anyone have pics of a band with stones that size? But it's definitely not as versatile since I can't wear it with anything else.

http://www.thefacetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=2552

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
Thats the one you posted early on correct? I think you should go with your gut. It sounds like this one really calls to you. Its a beauty!

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
I also like the saphire and diamond eternity bands they sell. That would equally be stunning worn alone.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s a very pretty ring, perfect to stand alone.
30.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll tell ya again Dem I don''t think you would love that 7 stone as much as you are thinking, knowing you as I do.
9.gif

I have my 10 stone 1ct ring and it is totally lonely looking on my hand. It is 3mm or so and it just looks really lost and thin. Hence why I thought about doing stacking bands around it.

I think you would get that ring and then have serious regrets because I think you''d feel like it ended up being a not so great way to spend your $1650. I think if you had two rings mentally it would go further for your satisfaction as well. Plus as I mentioned before you can do SO much more with two stacking rings than just one ring. So if you get this one ring, you''ll have this and your wedding band SP ring and you can''t even really wear them together. So again, another ring to stand alone. Whereas with stacking you can stack your MB lace, stack your SC w-ring band, stack your SP eternity band sometimes. Or just wear them alone. They''d still be thicker probably in MM together than the one 7 stone.

Just my two cents...I was SOOOOO excited to get a 10 stone previously (each stone is 10 points so not much of a visual difference between 10 and 13) and then after a few weeks was really kind of disappointed at how bereft it looked and small. I really needed more on that hand, still do.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
It''s possible I''m thinking that 13 pointers are much bigger than they are. They SOUND big. I would totally get the stacking bands if I really liked the options. I''m going to see what Isaac has next week. I wish they had something like the Scott Kay band. I love how those stones are set.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results