shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Me Spend $1000!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glitterbug

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies,
I have a thousand dollars to spend on a piece of jewelry as an engagement gift from my grandparents. I''m having a very hard time finding something that I love enough, so it''s time for input from my trusty PS-ers!
35.gif

I''m totally open to any style, but here''s what I love: vintage looks, antique stones, sapphires, and OECs. Would love to find a RHR for this price (or slightly higher as I can always add on to it), but would also be open to earrings or a necklace. To give you further idea of my taste, my e-ring (which I have yet to post! Eek - sorry!) is a cushion brilliant in a halo setting from Kirk Kara and has a very vintage feel.

Any ideas? I know it''s not much money to spend but I''m confident we can find something great!

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
Wow... this is fun! IMO... and if this was me.... I would do a antique style solitaire necklace to wear on my wedding day or any day for that matter! You said that your ering was a cushion, you could do a smaller cushion or european cut diamond and have it set in a gorgeous filigree type setting.... so gorgeous... or if you would reather go the sapphire route... then you could do this also in the necklace and like I was saying for your wedding it could be your something blue! Can''t wait to here what everyone comes up with.... FUN!!!
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
Oh! What gorgeous antique pieces Diamond*Dana!
30.gif

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
....okay... I had to go and find a few things that I would most def drop $1000 on.... all of these are around the $1000 mark, the sapphire pendant is alittle more but not by much if I''m thinking correctly.... so here are some pics....

edwardian diamond earrings.JPG

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I''d pick something you can wear on your wedding day. That may have been their intention on the gift... maybe not, but I think it will be a nice gesture.

I like the saphire idea... something blue!
4.gif

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know how to post more then one picture per post... so bare with me.... all of these pieces I found at Fay Cullen... that''s my favorite place for vintage and antique eye candy!!! LOL!!!

I love both of these edwardian earrings.... they are both so yummy!!!
31.gif

edwardian diamond earrings 2.JPG

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you''re thinking something blue, why not turquoise?

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
I love this vintage heart.... I think they are so romantic... but anyways, all the pieces I picked out could most def be wore the day of your wedding and anytime after that.

...... on to more pics....

faycullen vintage heart.JPG

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
..... and here is the something blue! It was alittle more then the $1000 budget but not so much more... but this is a really gorgeous piece. I hope that you find something smashing!!! And I can't wait to see picks. If I run by anything else I'll be sure to post it! Good Luck!!!
35.gif

vintage sapphire necklace.JPG

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I'm currently working with a similar budget for my b-day/anniversary present and it sounds like we have similar taste. I'm looking at these Beverly K bands. Good luck with your search and let us know what you end up getting! Oh, and post your e-ring!
9.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Ellen, those earrings are fabulous! Love all the good finds Sparklenut!!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
I''d want a vintage-y necklace for my wedding day; maybe with a sapphire to complete the "something blue" part of your wedding
3.gif

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
The stunningly gorgeous platinum diamond and sapphire briolette necklace on Erica Grace! It''s beautiful, unique and something blue...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 1:52:19 PM
Author: Burk
Ellen, those earrings are fabulous! Love all the good finds Sparklenut!!
Aren''t they though?
30.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I love the earrings Ellen posted! They are really pretty! Awesome that there would be money left over for another goodie as well!

krockie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 12:58:24 PM
Author: SparkleNut
Wow... this is fun! IMO... and if this was me.... I would do a antique style solitaire necklace to wear on my wedding day or any day for that matter! You said that your ering was a cushion, you could do a smaller cushion or european cut diamond and have it set in a gorgeous filigree type setting.... so gorgeous... or if you would reather go the sapphire route... then you could do this also in the necklace and like I was saying for your wedding it could be your something blue! Can''t wait to here what everyone comes up with.... FUN!!!
36.gif
I agree completely with a solitaire necklace. This is something that spending a little bit more on will get you such a better look. Its something that you could wear every day if you want to, which would be a nice way to remember your grandparents on a regular basis.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
For $1,000 I''d go for a nice pair of round solitaire studs. They''re classic and can always be dressed up with jackets. Round studs also seem to look nice on everyone and no matter what shape e-ring you have, the studs will never go out of style.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I love the antiquey pendant idea! If you don''t already have studs, they''d be a great way to go as well!

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! I''m loving all these ideas.... so many yummy things to choose from...
emteeth.gif

karend26

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 2:31:39 PM
Author: makemepretty
For $1,000 I''d go for a nice pair of round solitaire studs. They''re classic and can always be dressed up with jackets. Round studs also seem to look nice on everyone and no matter what shape e-ring you have, the studs will never go out of style.
2nd this! Good Old Gold has Ideal cut H&A studs (.6ctw) for $1K that I would love to have for my wedding!!! And maybe the jackets from Whiteflash too!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 1:28:24 PM
Author: SparkleNut
I don''t know how to post more then one picture per post... so bare with me.... all of these pieces I found at Fay Cullen... that''s my favorite place for vintage and antique eye candy!!! LOL!!!

I love both of these edwardian earrings.... they are both so yummy!!!
31.gif
THOSE
ARE
STUNNING!

I think you know what gets my vote

glitterbug

Shiny_Rock
Ladies!! What fabulous, yummy, amazing choices! LOVE them all, especially the vintage earrings!
36.gif

Here are a few other vintage pieces I found that fit the budget and that I love. I''m a little iffy about Fay Cullen quality though (have read mixed reviews)... and not sure about buying from RubyLane. What do you guys think of these options?

Fay Cullen beauty
Edwardian ring from Ruby Lane

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 4:43:15 PM
Author: karend26

Date: 2/25/2009 2:31:39 PM
Author: makemepretty
2nd this! Good Old Gold has Ideal cut H&A studs (.6ctw) for $1K that I would love to have for my wedding!!! And maybe the jackets from Whiteflash too!

3rd this!! But I also love the 2nd pair of the edwardian earrings sparklenut posted. So gorgeous!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 2:25:25 PM
Author: glitterbug
Ladies!! What fabulous, yummy, amazing choices! LOVE them all, especially the vintage earrings!
36.gif

Here are a few other vintage pieces I found that fit the budget and that I love. I''m a little iffy about Fay Cullen quality though (have read mixed reviews)... and not sure about buying from RubyLane. What do you guys think of these options?

Fay Cullen beauty
Edwardian ring from Ruby Lane
I don''t know, when I hear "FC", I think trouble. Just because several people have had some with them (and with returns, if you didn''t like it). Unless you absolutely couldn''t live without the ring, I''d say pass. But that''s just me. I like to know that I can return with no hassles! And I don''t know anything about RL. Maybe someone else will chime in that does.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results