shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me set up this emerald

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
My jeweler told me that they are comfortable keeping just the emerald in its settings, the side pieces are way too thin to be able to be converted into a ring. Give me some visual ideas of how to set it, please. It's a decent size, 8.7 mm × 6.7 mm. I'm size 5.5. Tia!

Screenshot_20240331_175733_Photos.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not the most creative girl, so I'll let the more imaginative PSers come along and help you with design ideas. Just wanted to say lovely collection and good luck!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just came in to say I’m excited to see what you do! I have a penchant for ripping off Harry Winston so I’m not useful for ideas cuz that’s all I do!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty stone!

I love a diamond baguette picture frame a la Oscar Heyman -- especially with that almost octagonal/cut-corner look. Probably too spendy for that gem, though. I forget the price point from the other thread. Also, it's more a high jewelry than a fun/funky vibe.

You already have a lot of bases covered, design-wise, with what you have. Not sure why but I also see it with a wide maybe hammered or subtly distressed cigar-band style shank in high-kt YG. Width about the length of the longer side facets (e.g., ~ 4 mm).

How about a two-tone halo ring, that uses both white and yellow diamonds in a halo? Or perhaps one with just yellow diamonds and in yellow gold?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or you can buy 4 marquise diamonds and make a shank like the sides that you’re taking off.

So keep the bezel and use the 4 marquis to make leaves like the current side pieces. It’ll look like it does now but in a ring.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I feel like a simple gold band added to the existing bezel would go well. You don’t have a simple emerald ring, most are very ornate.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results