shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me pick a wedding band!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Shard prong. I LOOOVE Bezels but I think the shared would best compliment your ering

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shared prong all the way!!!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I''m still torn! I know the consensus is shared prong, but I still lean towards the bezel. I totally agree that the solitaire with a shared prong is classic, timeless, beautiful and every other wonderful adjective, but I feel like I want something with a little pizazz! A little sass, if you know what I mean. I wish I knew how to use photoshop so I could see what each band would look like next to my ering.

I have about one month to figure out which one I like best. Gah!!!

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/9/2009 6:37:37 PM
Author: Travel Goddess
I'm still torn! I know the consensus is shared prong, but I still lean towards the bezel. I totally agree that the solitaire with a shared prong is classic, timeless, beautiful and every other wonderful adjective, but I feel like I want something with a little pizazz! A little sass, if you know what I mean. I wish I knew how to use photoshop so I could see what each band would look like next to my ering.

Travel, you are the one that will look at it every day for the rest of your life. You don't want to have regrets. Get what you really want!

And what's the harm of going to a local jewelery store and trying on bands that are similar to the ones you are considering with your ering?

Good luck, hun!

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Jaylex, ultimately it is what you like, in my opinion you should choose whatever is going to make you happy every time you look down at your hand.
1.gif

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/9/2009 11:42:50 PM
Author: jaylex

I''m still torn! I know the consensus is shared prong, but I still lean towards the bezel. I totally agree that the solitaire with a shared prong is classic, timeless, beautiful and every other wonderful adjective, but I feel like I want something with a little pizazz! A little sass, if you know what I mean. I wish I knew how to use photoshop so I could see what each band would look like next to my ering.

Travel, you are the one that will look at it every day for the rest of your life. You don''t want to have regrets. Get what you really want!

And what''s the harm of going to a local jewelery store and trying on bands that are similar to the ones you are considering with your ering?

Good luck, hun!

Thanks! I think I needed to hear that. Unfortunately, I haven''t seen an individually bezeled wedding band ANYWHERE near where I live. I know the shared prong looks gorgeous with my ering so that would be a "safe" and easy choice. We were supposed to go to Vegas this fall and I thought I''d go to Tiffany''s and try on the Jazz band, but now we have a plethora of "house projects" that are cutting into our vacation fund. The closest Tiffany''s is in Chicago (4 hour drive).

Maybe the designer I''m talking to could show me what each band would look like with my ering.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I say bezel, but I'm completely biased because I have a solitaire with bezel w-band. My band has alternating-sized diamonds, so it's not exactly like what you're looking at, but my thread is here if you want to take a look (scroll down for pics) -- it might give you a general idea until you can get to a store! But either way, I agree with everyone who has said that you can't go wrong either way, so you should get what really speaks to you.
1.gif

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/10/2009 6:52:24 PM

Date: 11/9/2009 11:42:50 PM
Author: jaylex

I'm still torn! I know the consensus is shared prong, but I still lean towards the bezel. I totally agree that the solitaire with a shared prong is classic, timeless, beautiful and every other wonderful adjective, but I feel like I want something with a little pizazz! A little sass, if you know what I mean. I wish I knew how to use photoshop so I could see what each band would look like next to my ering.

Travel, you are the one that will look at it every day for the rest of your life. You don't want to have regrets. Get what you really want!

And what's the harm of going to a local jewelery store and trying on bands that are similar to the ones you are considering with your ering?

Good luck, hun!

Thanks! I think I needed to hear that. Unfortunately, I haven't seen an individually bezeled wedding band ANYWHERE near where I live. I know the shared prong looks gorgeous with my ering so that would be a 'safe' and easy choice. We were supposed to go to Vegas this fall and I thought I'd go to Tiffany's and try on the Jazz band, but now we have a plethora of 'house projects' that are cutting into our vacation fund. The closest Tiffany's is in Chicago (4 hour drive).

Maybe the designer I'm talking to could show me what each band would look like with my ering.
You are so welcome!
And i have to say that a weekend "get away" to chicago sounds just as fun as a trip to vegas! And less expensive? hey! i'd take it!

Then make a stop at Tiffany's. You win!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results