shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me pick a wedding band!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Gals!

I''m in talks with a local jeweler to have my wedding band made in the next few months and I''d like your help! I''m down to two designs. I have one similar to the Tiffany Jazz band and the other is a shared prong.

I''ll attach a picture of my wedding band. It''s the "Flame" by Mark Morrell. It''s very low profile, so hopefully either of these bands will work.

eringpicforwbandcomparisonpic.jpg

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Woah! Holy huge pic! Sorry! Let me resize that!

eringpicforwbandcomparisonpic2.jpg

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Fingers crossed that this pic is a normal size!

Here''s the bezel set wband.

bezelwbandoptionforps.jpg

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
And this is the shared prong. (Maybe I should have made this a poll, eh? Oh well, too late).

sharedwbandoptionforps.jpg

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
They are both beautiful but I am just in love with the look of a shared prong with a solitaire, so that is my vote! (and what I am planning on getting when the time comes)

E B

Ideal_Rock
Shared prong, absolutely! I think it''ll compliment your solitaire beautifully.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Shared prong! I just love the look of a solid strip of diamonds across the finger.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I love love love the shared prong!

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
i love the bezel-set but the shared prong works best for your e-ring!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of the two, I prefer the shared prong with your e-ring. Very classic and beautiful look! Just make sure the diamonds won''t scratch up your e-ring.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Shared prong if you''re the matchy type!
Bezeled if you''re the non-matchy type!

Or both!!!
2.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
My vote is shared prong
9.gif

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
I love the bezel ring... but agree that the shared prong would be more of a ''match'' with your e-ring!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the shared prong for a wedding band. Very classy and classic.

brown_eyes

Shiny_Rock
I vote shared prong. Shared prong band with a solitaire is my absolute favorite look.
1.gif

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Another for shared prong. So classic!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, so I never questioned my love for the shared prong next to the classic solitaire UNTIL I saw cocolaw''s non-matchy set. I just really loved the look of the bezeled wedding band. It seems fun and almost whimsical.

FI is partial to the shared prong but I feel like the bezel has more "sass." If that makes sense. Ah if only money grew on trees, I''d get both.

The shared prong seems to be the big winner here though. It''s more expensive, but only by a few hundred dollars. I''m still not completely sold on it...... Keep your opinions coming!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I also have a plain metal band solitaire and my two favorite bands were a shared prong and a bezel band so I can relate to your dilemma. If I were in your shoes I would definitely go for the shared prong though. They are soooooo sparkly!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Shared prong! Then get the bezel as an anni gift.
31.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2009 3:32:50 PM
Author: sba771
They are both beautiful but I am just in love with the look of a shared prong with a solitaire, so that is my vote! (and what I am planning on getting when the time comes)

My vote too! I love how a shared prong gives a classic solitaire some bling-factor
2.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
They are both gorgeous bands, but I would go with the shared prong for a classic timeless look, you just can''t go wrong!

KittyBling

Shiny_Rock
i''d also go for the shared prong but i''d be worried about rubbing against the e-ring prongs... pls can u post more shots of ur gorgeous ring... i''ve noticed that it doesn''t have its own thread in smtr
12.gif
that beauty needs its own thread
3.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2009 6:02:25 PM
Author: sunnyd
Shared prong! Then get the bezel as an anni gift.
31.gif
I''m with sunnyd here. I think the shared prong would be great with your e-ring and then you can get the other for an anni gift!

CaliSun

Shiny_Rock
I know I''m late to reply but I just wanted to add:

Both rings are lovely...

I spoke with Mark Morrell about pairing a shared prong band w/a Flame and he warned me against this as the shared prong can really scratch up the Flame. He pointed out that the Flame setting has the ''donut'' that protrudes slightly. Mark told me that the shared prong can act like a ''chainsaw'' against this. Just would hate for you to be upset if your beauty is damaged - better you know ahead of time... He is such a perfectionist, he notices all these things we don''t think of!

would you be open to a channel set?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Actually looking again at the picture of the shared prong, I''d be concerned about the diamond girdles eating up your gorgeous e-ring. I love the look of U-prong shared prong bands, but for the sake of the e-ring, I''d get a shared prong where the girdles aren''t exposed - or get the shared prong you like, and wear a 1 mm spacer between the w-band and the e-ring.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I gotta go with the bezel set. I LOVE bezel set eternity bands!

Miya03

Shiny_Rock
Shared prong!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shared prong.

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
shared prong!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results