shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me pick a bridesmaid''''s dress, please.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I would be carfeul with 8 and 9.. they are beautiful dresses.. but if you have BM that are different sizes.. I would stay away from the dropped waist. I LOOK like a COW in a dropped waist... I have 2 BM that would pull that look off wonderfully, but not for woman with heavier chests and hips.. IMO.

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
I love #7 - it looks the most likely to fit various body styles...

since you said your reception is going to have a slight Asian theme, I think #1 might be a little too strong...

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/12/2005 2:05:41 PM
Author: MINE!!
I would be carfeul with 8 and 9.. they are beautiful dresses.. but if you have BM that are different sizes.. I would stay away from the dropped waist. I LOOK like a COW in a dropped waist... I have 2 BM that would pull that look off wonderfully, but not for woman with heavier chests and hips.. IMO.

Honestly, I have a heavy chest (34D) and hips to match and I look best in a dropped waist. I don''t understand why you wouldn''t as well if you have that body type. None of my bridesmaids are big by any means. I think even the chunkier girl, that I''m considering for a fourth bridesmaid, isn''t more than a size 12 or 14 and she''s almost six feet tall!

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/9/2005 3:50:14 PM
Author: Scintillating
What do you think will look best/be most figure flattering on your Bridesmaid''s figures?

You want them to feel confident and comfortable on your big day so they can focus on your wedding, right?

I guess for bridesmaids - personally I would avoid anything full length, they really aren''t going to wear it again.

How often do you really wear a full length gown? Almost never. How often do you wear a short cocktail dress? - much more often. I also might avoid any shiny materials - they don''t really photograph well on real women''s figures.

What month is your wedding Aphis?

Scintillating...

I love 3 and 4.

Thanks for the photograph tip! I didn''t know that!

And my wedding is in July.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
As for the dropped waist issue, I don''t know if its the chest as much as the hips.. For me, dropped waists looked BAD BAD BAD on me because I have a tummy. Its like you drew a little half circle right around my belly. I have also seen girls who are smallish on top with wider hips look AWFUL in dropped waists because it just emphasizes the hips so much.
Your dress looks fantastic on you phisg.. but dropped waists CAN be very unflattering. If you do decide to go with one of the dropped waist styles, make sure all your girls try them on.

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Me and a bridesmaid are probably going to the bridal shop this Saturday to try on whatever dresses they have that are on my list. As for the out of town bridesmaids, I''m sending them a wedding newsletter with a list of their local bridal shops that carry these dresses. I''m requesting that they take a day sometime when they''re bored and try on whatever is on the list that the shop carries. Then they are to tell me which ones looked good on them and they liked, and which ones didn''t. Hopefully that way I can narrow it down further. It''s so hard to find a dress when you can''t try it on.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Another good idea is when you go with the one in town bridesmaid, just pick up dresses off the racks and try them on!! Its just like the wedding dress thing, dresses look totally different on people than they do on models, so when you go, just start trying on dresses. There were dresses that I LOVED LOVED LOVED in pictures, but then when I put them on some of my bridesmaids, it was just obvious that WEREN''T going to work.
You look like you are close to standard sample size, so it might help for you to try them on too, if the bridesmaid is much too small or too big for the dress.

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Ha ha, did we just post at the same time or something? That''s exactly what I said we''re doing.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
No I mean ones that aren''t on your list. :) I read your post and just wanted to add that you shouldn''t restrict yourself to only dresses on your list.. I''m sure you weren''t really planning on it, but just in case.. There are SOO many dresses out there! It took me like.. 8 months to find a bridesmaid dress.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi!

I know a lot of people voted for #1, but personally I think its a little too much- and like someone said, definitely avoid that shiny material- doesnt flatter anyone! I am going to vote for dress #8. Its very cute, figure-flattering, and the color red is nice. I like # 3 too, but that red is more Christmas-holiday red, not asian red, if you know what I mean...

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh! I just saw that you eliminated a few of the dresses- originally the dress I picked was #8- now its #7. So I still vote for #7...glad it is still in the running!

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/13/2005 12:04:24 AM
Author: MelissaSue
No I mean ones that aren''t on your list. :) I read your post and just wanted to add that you shouldn''t restrict yourself to only dresses on your list.. I''m sure you weren''t really planning on it, but just in case.. There are SOO many dresses out there! It took me like.. 8 months to find a bridesmaid dress.

8 months? Oh no, my wedding is in less than 9 months! I really need to get crackin.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2005 11:40:18 AM
Author: aphisiglovessae

Date: 10/13/2005 12:04:24 AM
Author: MelissaSue

8 months? Oh no, my wedding is in less than 9 months! I really need to get crackin.
I''m sure it doesn''t HAVE to take 8 months.. I was just soo indecisive. But I started searching in December.. and didn''t finally decide until late august.. And I only did that because I set a deadline for myself! We just ordered today. 7.5 months til the wedding!

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Well, my bridesmaids all went and tried on dresses at Davids (they decided it was easier to go with Davids) and they picked out this dress:

They all decided it looked the best on them and they liked how it actually matched my wedding dress... I went with my Maid of Honor to try them on and this looked so darling on her! When she put it on, she acted like it was "the one" for her. She said she didn't need to try on anything else and that was the dress she wanted.

I think we made a good decision, do you?

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Now we want to make a less expensive version of these shoes for them (with red bows). Does anyone know where I might be able to find clear shoes like this (without the bow) for less than 30 dollars? I will be adding the bows myself.

F05_Nina.jpg

freckles127

Shiny_Rock
I like 7, 12, 15-they are all very classic styles, esp 15. I would love 15 just to wear to any party! You look lovely in your dress.
9.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/10/2006 5:41:11 PM
Author: aphisiglovessae
Now we want to make a less expensive version of these shoes for them (with red bows). Does anyone know where I might be able to find clear shoes like this (without the bow) for less than 30 dollars? I will be adding the bows myself.
I like the bm dresses you ended up choosing
1.gif

As for shoes, I only did a quick search on Zappos, so this was all I found....They're $19.99 but only come in whole sizes, but maybe that would still work for you. $20 with free shipping and free returns might be worth the try.
1.gif

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/417246/c/303.html

27315-d.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
great choice! Love the dress!

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Great choice!

I think my girls tried that on in black and while we all liked it a lot, it was the first one so we had to exhaust all the possibilities.
2.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
These dresses are all lovely...on the models. I think you need to take your MOH out and have her try on dresses to see what they look like on a "real" person. Many dresses look great on the 5''10" 100 pound models but don''t look great on the rest of us. That might help narrow your field.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
I vote for #6 from David''s. Seems to be the right shade of red and matches your dress the best.

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
For those of you still posting votes: Thanks, but I don't need them! If you read my last two posts, you would see that we have chosen the dress and they've been ordered!

It's such an exciting time, but I'm still stumped about those shoes. Thanks to Blue824 for her idea! Now I need some more!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
6, 7 and 12 (from the second most recent posting) are my favorites!

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
My fave is #4, but since your theme color seems to be red, I''d go for #6 or #8

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results