shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me pick a bridesmaid''''s dress, please.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Now that I have my bridal gown picked out and ordered, I need to look for a bridesmaids dress for my girls. Please help me! The wedding is in the middle of summer and the theme of the wedding is somewhat asian. The bridemaids'' bouquets will be white stephanotis with red crystal centers and red ribbon.
Here''s a picture of my dress:
P10100291.jpg

And my centerpieces:
recc_lantern.jpg

Here are the dresses that I''m interested in right now. Please keep in mind that my color is red and the dresses that aren''t pictured in red will be ordered in red.

From Watters:

pomegranate.jpg
634_1.jpg
garnet_wildcherry.jpg

5768.jpg
garnet.jpg

From Davids:

6. 7.
F05_F11372_apple.jpg

From Raylia Designs:

68183B-040370.JPG
betty-041825.JPG
9P0860-040100.JPG

8P0857-039770.JPG
alice-041279.JPG
Stacey.JPG

Olivia_3.JPG

Thank you in advance..

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
MY vote is for the first one. I think it will go with your centerpeices and your dress as well.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
OMG ... that background looks EXACTLY like the David''s bridal in G-ville...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote for 3, 5, or 6. I really like the color of the dress in #3 but not sure what color red you are going for, that's a very rich beautiful color.

I think they would work best with all/most body shapes, some of the more a-line/fitted stuff further down would not, neither would that long one up above. But not sure what body shapes your gals have?

It's so hard to choose based on the model pics because those gals are so skinny in the pics and obviously BM's come in all shapes and sizes just like the rest of us!

Oh ETA that the wrap at the waist may not work for all...esp if you don't have a small waist. I love those styles but in the end we went with something close to 5 because it was more flowing, but the fabric for ours was more like 3..that flowy chiffon with a liner.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I like 3 and 15. I think the formality of the wedding kind of determines the length of the dress. JMO.

Faerievert

Shiny_Rock
I love 2 and 7 - make sure you ask you''re bridesmaids this question though!

rms

Brilliant_Rock
I also would vote for 2 or 7, and also #4. I love the hemline of 2 and 4, and something about the overall flow of #7 if very clean and beautiful...a lot like your dress.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
1,6,12,15 are the ones I like. Maybe it would help you if you decide the length of the dress you want them to wear. Is it a more casual or dressy wedding?

E B

Ideal_Rock
I love #12! It's a great design because it doesn't look too bridesmaid-y, and they'll be able to wear it again.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
So many choices! I love 1, 3, 12 and 15. Tough decision but maybe we can narrow it down to a just a few and go from there!

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
The bridesmaids have been asked a long time ago and they're just about as indecisive as I am.

It's a dressy wedding, but not black tie really. It's just like any other: guests wear sunday best and tuxes for the groomsmen.

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
I like #1 to go with your theme.

I love the flirty hemlines on #2/#4 but prefer the straps with #2.

#3 and #5 are very cute and would probably be flattering to all figures.

#12 I love the waistband but would have to see it in your chosen color.

#15 love it!

Hunali

Rough_Rock
I really like 2,3,7. But 2 is my favorite!

BTW, your dress is adorable!

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
My fave is #7, but if you are looking for a really "Asian" style dress for your theme I say go with #1!!!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
They are all so very pretty! Maybe I''m the oddball here but when the beautiful bride (god, you look wonderful in your dress!!!) goes for a strapless look, I like the bridesmaids to do straps or halters for contrast (then again I also prefer e-rings and wedding bands to not be matchy-matchy, so I''m going against the grain here.)

#3 is my favorite, with 6 & 8 close runners up.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
I gotta go for #1 with your theme....if you''re really wanting your theme to dictate things for you. If not, then I have a hard time picking, because I''m a sucker for tea-length chiffony-type dresses.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
I love ALL of the watters dresses.
Esp. 2, 3, 4 and 5. I personally think that having the bridesmaids in aisian themed dresses is somewhat over-the-top especially since you are not wearing one yourself. Just my opinion though. You can only take a theme so far with out it getting out of control.
Not a fan of any of the Davids dresses, although my sister owns #7 and it will look good on anyone, they just don''t stand out like the watters dresses do.

I really really do NOT like any of the raylias except for #14... they are just a little too out there, and 15 is just TOO plain.. I really do like 14 though. Its sort of like a tea length version of the bridesmaid dress my girls are wearing.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I like #1 (to go w/the theme) 3, or 5. Not so much on the other designers; the watters and Davids ones are all okay.

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I took a couple of dresses out. Number 2 and number 4 look almost exactly the same except the straps so I took number 4 out. I also took out numbers 11 and 13 because I'm not to thrilled about the bows. Call me crazy but there's something about 9 and 10 (I think it's the dropped waist thing that I like so much) that I really like, even though no one else seems to like them. So I kept them in there to see if anyone else seems to like them.

Just a note: My bridesmaids range in size. One is really tall and average body type, one is a little short but really skinny and the third is short with average body type. There's one more that I have to ask, but I can't decide between two girls. One is really tall and maybe a little chunky and the other is short and average body type. Hope that helps. If you want to see pictures of the reception site, I have them on my blog. Just click on the link on the bottom of my post.

From Watters:

pomegranate.jpg
634_1.jpg
garnet_wildcherry.jpg

garnet.jpg

From Davids:

5. 6.
F05_F11372_apple.jpg

From Raylia Designs:

68183B-040370.JPG
betty-041825.JPG
8P0857-039770.JPG

Stacey.JPG
Olivia_3.JPG

Thank you in advance..

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
I love 1 because it goes with your theme, it''s a beautiful red too, but I LOVE anything in red. 3 is gorgeous, and is a dress that they could wear again. I love that dress. I also really liked 5.
Great choices. I agree with Mara that it''s hard to know how they''ll look on real women. I really prefer seeing dresses on real people as opposed to models. Durn skinny models!

E B

Ideal_Rock
#12 is still my favorite, for two reasons. One, I think it's the most classic. Two, your bridesmaids will be able to wear it again, to a party, or to a fancy occasion. I think they'd really appreciate that (I would!). My second choice is #3 for the same reasons! Good luck choosing!
1.gif

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
What do you think will look best/be most figure flattering on your Bridesmaid's figures?
You want them to feel confident and comfortable on your big day so they can focus on your wedding, right?

I guess for bridesmaids - personally I would avoid anything full length, they really aren't going to wear it again.
How often do you really wear a full length gown? Almost never. How often do you wear a short cocktail dress? - much more often. I also might avoid any shiny materials - they don't really photograph well on real women's figures.

What month is your wedding Aphis?

Scintillating...

I love 3 and 4.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
My same choices as above, mostly for the same reasons, also some of the other more fitted ones (#1, #9, #10, #12) would NOT look good on a girl that is chunky or has any sort of extreme curviness on them...ESPECIALLY #1...that would only look good on a stick thin gal or someone who is 'straight' aka not large hips or anything to create a bump or extra fabric bunchage, etc.

One of the things that always upset me as a bridesmaid was when you got some dress (that you had to pay for!) that totally didn't look right on you and you felt like an idiot the whole day because of the choice. So I really tried to stay flowing and flattering for all my girls. I also tried not to be too expensive because I know none of my girls would ever wear the choice again, regardless of what it is.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
I think 3 is my favorite. I also like 7 & 11, but 3 looks the most versatile & able to be worn again. I think the dresses will look smashing in red!
emteeth.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i like #7. it matches well but itsn''t the exact replica of you dress. it would make your dropped waist stand out.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
absolutely #7

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
As a short girl, I vote for #7, but I also like #3 & #12.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
2 and 4 are DEFINITELY my favorites.

7 is a very popular choice, it seems, and it is a VERY cute dress, liike I said, my sister has it..(She has it in black, and she bought it not as a bridesmaid dress, so I guess it defitely can be worn again).. I don''t know.. it just doesn''t look as special to me as the watters gowns do. The watters gowns look just so fun and happy! 7 looks like she''s a bridesmaid.. Not that there is anything wrong with that, my bridesmaid dresses definitely look like bridesmaid dresses. but you seem to be going for the fun look!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I love #10. It looks like something that I could wear again.

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
I think #14 is the most elegant/formal...my fave but it depends on the "feel" of the wedding....if you are going for a informal summery look...I like #2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results