shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me look at the idealscope on this non H&A pls!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

summerluv

Rough_Rock
Hi girls (and guys),
I posted couple threads about diamonds, and stated in one post that I bought a D color SI1 ACA already. But ok something happened and me and my FI decided not to go with that one anymore. So I was thinking about this one, but its not listed as H&A on vendor''s site (I''d prefer H&A). Its an GIA (not even AGS
40.gif
) triple excellent:

1.23ct, F, VS2,
Depth: 61.2%
Table: 56.0%
Crown Angle: 34.5%
Pavilion Angle: 40.8%
It scores a 1.2 on HCA (ex, ex, ex, vg) but again its an GIA and not in the H&A collection. I think the images look pretty good, but I really don''t know much about diamonds.

Can anyone please take a look and tell me if this is a good stone? And would it be as good as any ACA ones?

Thank you!

F_VS2_diamond_Summerluv.jpg

summerluv

Rough_Rock
Here is the ideascope image

1202355_F_VS2.jpg

summerluv

Rough_Rock
BTW by "as good as any ACA ones" I meant if you think there would be a visible difference visually comparing to an ACA stone. Cuz I know obviously since this is not H&A it is not as good as an ACA, but if there is very little to no visual difference then I''d settle for this non h&A.
thank you!

summerluv

Rough_Rock
no one''s replying...
39.gif
Can someone please help? I gotta decide by tomorrow...
And with this diamond do you think I will be able to see the arrows with naked eye?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
it looks great. buy it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The numbers are excellent. I suspect the idealscope picture is off a little because of the lighting or the way the stone is tilted.

My view is that most of us would not be able to tell this stone from a H&A just looking at it. If the price is right, I'd certainly buy it.

Oh, and there is nothing whatsoever wrong with a GIA cert! I am sure most H&A and excellent cut stones have GIA certs!

SYC

Shiny_Rock
Can anyone please take a look and tell me if this is a good stone? And would it be as good as any ACA ones?

Thank you!
The angles on this stone are spot on with ACA angles.

Honestly, I love my ACA pendant, but I have diamonds from elsewhere that are also top cuts and absolutely as beautiful as the ACA.

Your diamond looks very, very good.

summerluv

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much guys. This stone is about $8900, and actually its an E, not F. Do you think this is a good price? Since it''s not H&A it seems a tad bit expensive to me?
And I was a bit concerned with the little pink around the table. Is that normal?
Also, do you think I will be able to see crips arrows with naked eye? I saw a thread of girls showing off their rings with arrows. I''m jealous! I want to make sure my diamond can do that too. Do you think judging from the pictures this one will be able to?
Thanks again! I''m so confused and indecisive!

SYC

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 9:54:03 PM
Author: summerluv
Thank you so much guys. This stone is about $8900, and actually its an E, not F. Do you think this is a good price? Since it''s not H&A it seems a tad bit expensive to me?
And I was a bit concerned with the little pink around the table. Is that normal?
Also, do you think I will be able to see crips arrows with naked eye? I saw a thread of girls showing off their rings with arrows. I''m jealous! I want to make sure my diamond can do that too. Do you think judging from the pictures this one will be able to?
Thanks again! I''m so confused and indecisive!
You can use the "Pricescope your diamond" search at the top of the screen (use the "cut quality" function to narrow your search to GIA Excellents). My impression is that it''s fair for the excellent cut, high color, and size.

You should see crisp arrows in the right lighting. The appearance of well cut diamonds varies tremendously depending on the lighting, so you should see the arrows, but not all the time.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, you''ll see the arrows as much as any of us with H&A stones can. It is only in certain lighting that you''d notice, though. The price is great!!!!!! (A similar H&A from GOG is over $11,000!)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/10/2009 10:08:56 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Yes, you''ll see the arrows as much as any of us with H&A stones can. It is only in certain lighting that you''d notice, though. The price is great!!!!!! (A similar H&A from GOG is over $11,000!)
HI:

Beat me to it...

And remember SummerLuv, the majority of the pictures posted in the arrows thread where taken on "macro" mode...

cheers--Sharon

summerluv

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone! So you don''t think the fact that its internal symmetry is not as good as an H&A graded stone (the vendor does carry H&As but they did not qualify this as one) will not affect the stone''s visual performance, correct?
Thanks! I think I will be buying it tomorrow.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2009 3:22:23 AM
Author: summerluv
Thank you everyone! So you don''t think the fact that its internal symmetry is not as good as an H&A graded stone (the vendor does carry H&As but they did not qualify this as one) will not affect the stone''s visual performance, correct?
Thanks! I think I will be buying it tomorrow.
It looks like a beautiful diamond - I agree with everyone else! To really judge the cut precision we need hearts images, but that looks like a very fine diamond you have there.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results