shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find the best value solitare in platinum setting for $5500

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stan the man

Rough_Rock
I don''t want to pay extra for anything that doesn''t affect the way it looks, I''m a terrible bargain hunter and would much prefer not to have to look at the cert to see were my money went.

Price : Max $5.5k (It''ll cost me another $1500 on international shipping, import duty and VAT/sales tax)

Cut : Excellent Quality Cut is my main priority but H&A or brand names aren''t important.

Colour : I would consider I/J would like blue fluro as long as it isn''t cloudy.

Clarity : Anything Eye Clean so long as it doesn''t affect visual performance. Inclusions hidden under a prong would be OK.

Size : bigger the better. Though how it faces up and sparkles would be more important than actual carat size. I''d expect it to be at least .91 (My concience woulld let me round that up to 1 carat)

Setting : simple solitaire in platinum. tiffany style or similar. 4 or 6 prongs.

Vendor must ship to UK. (Bluenile would save me 5% on EU import duty so may be more competitive)

As I''m in the UK returns would cost a lot in shipping, handling, import fees etc. I would prefer to be able to make a definite decision before it is shipped so magnified and preferably idealscope images are a must.

I''ve used the cut quality search but can''t decide to play it safe with a higher quality small stone or go right down to my lowest limits to get 1.25cts.

All opinions and suggestions most greatfully recieved from experts, vendors and fellow buyers alike.

Thanks in advance STAN.

E B

Ideal_Rock
You know, now that I think about it....I''m not sure if DimendScassi ships internationally. Maybe someone can chime in with an answer.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
BlueNile has a bunch to choose from.

I hope the link works. Sometimes BlueNile doesn''t work so well for me. I found this 1.20 J SI1 with medium blue flourescence for just under $5k. Add a setting for $450 or $500 and you''re right at budget.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results