shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find sapphire earrings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So,
I'm looking for an everyday pair of sapphire earrings. I'd prefer bezel set, but they dont have to be. My budget is non-existant, so I'm intrested in spend as little as possible. I have sterling silver earrings, but they have been turning my earlobes the same tarnish color as they get sometimes. I dont like the super dark dark blue, and I'd prefer white gold. I really like these but they are way out of my non-existant budget.

I'm treating myself for paying the wedding down so much, but I can't spend to much, beacause there are more things I need to pay for!

If its cheaper to buy the stones and then find semi-mounts, I'm willing to go that route as well. I'd like them to be pretty good sized as well (.25 each). I dont care if they are treated or not, as long as it doesnt affect the appearence of the stones.

Can you guys help me out?
I'll also consider blue topaz, because its also very beautiful. I'm looking more for studs, but am open to small hoops/dangle as well! These are for everyday wear!

Thanks so much!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gemstones are usually discussed in millimeters because carat weight doesn''t tell the whole story due to varying densities and cuts. What mm size are you looking for? If your budget is close to none, I''d stick with blue topaz because the colour is very bright and vibrant, extremely inexpensive and very easy to purchase/find.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooohhhhh! Okay. Um...blue topaz it is then! I''m thinking something along the lines of maybe 3mm (is that small?) Or perhaps 5mm? My ears have a slight rip in them (healed up though) so I''d like it big enough to cover that.

Thanks for the correction though! I never would have known any better!
20.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, 3 mm is rather small. I think 5 mm bezel studs would be great. Is white gold all right with your skin sensitivity?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Why not contact some of the vendors in the sticky list at the top of the page. They might have some already cut. I just bought something from Barry at ACstones.com and would recommend him. Also you might want to try customgemstones.com

Let us know what you find!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool find, Neat. Do you think they''ll bezel it too?

Redrose, just out of curiousity, sapphires of 5 mm or thereabouts are going to cost you about $500 so that''s definitely out. Should you still want them in the near future, you might like these:
http://www.mineralminers.com/html/bluesapphireearrings.stm

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Yup the blunile ones are a great deal.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks you guys! I''ll let you know what I decide on!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results