shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find my upgrade!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update. I’m pretty speechless and disappointed. After telling me that I could just give him cert numbers for him to source, jeweler just told me that he would have to buy this stone directly bc it’s AGS. Huh? Wtf changed? So he can’t do the trade up. So I have to wait on him to offer me stones—I guess from his stock? Which is what I had suspected until he told me otherwise and got my hopes up. So hubby and I are so confused right now that I’ve pretty much resigned myself to end the upgrade. I have no faith that he will source me a great stone bc as always, b&m jewelers will not admit that hca matters. So he only has crap stones. I should count myself lucky that I ended up with my current one and let this go. I really don’t want to sell the stone myself bc that would be a huge loss. I guess it’s time to appreciate what I have. Sigh.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Update. I’m pretty speechless and disappointed. After telling me that I could just give him cert numbers for him to source, jeweler just told me that he would have to buy this stone directly bc it’s AGS. Huh? Wtf changed? So he can’t do the trade up. So I have to wait on him to offer me stones—I guess from his stock? Which is what I had suspected until he told me otherwise and got my hopes up. So hubby and I are so confused right now that I’ve pretty much resigned myself to end the upgrade. I have no faith that he will source me a great stone bc as always, b&m jewelers will not admit that hca matters. So he only has crap stones. I should count myself lucky that I ended up with my current one and let this go. I really don’t want to sell the stone myself bc that would be a huge loss. I guess it’s time to appreciate what I have. Sigh.

Oh no :( that's disappointing :( I'm sorry it turned out this way :( I was looking forward to seeing what you got! :(

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Could you try to consign your stone with someone to sell it? It would be a hit, but probably your best bet if none of the vendors will buy your stone to get you into an upgrade program. It would be a big purchase without an intermediary.

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Would Whiteflash offer anything for your current stone? I know you will be taking a lose regardless but it might just have to happen if you want to keep upgrading

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could you try to consign your stone with someone to sell it? It would be a hit, but probably your best bet if none of the vendors will buy your stone to get you into an upgrade program. It would be a big purchase without an intermediary.

No. Not really worth going this route. I do love my stone and this was just going to be a purchase of opportunity, lol. Bc we didn’t go on our European vacation and saved a lot of money from that and from not going out bc of the pandemic! But it’s not something that I have to have at the cost of incurring a loss.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would Whiteflash offer anything for your current stone? I know you will be taking a lose regardless but it might just have to happen if you want to keep upgrading

I had looked into WF for my previous diamond and the loss is so steep—and given that I do love my stone—I don’t plan to sell it off at 50 percent of its value. I’m not desperate, lol. I figure that if it’s meant to be, one day, my jeweler might actually have what I want in stock. If not, I’ll live. Lol

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry Nala. I am glad that you do love your current stone though - that makes the disappointment easier to take. I don't buy the AGS thing - he just doesn't want to lay out the money to purchase this stone and have to give you ful trade in value on your current stone. That may make business sense for him but he should not have offered something that he probably already knew he couldn't do. I would rather continue saving my money and at some point, buy a diamond from a great vendor that can be traded up through the years. Again, I am sorry that this didn't work out but sometimes when one door closes, another opens. I hope that is the case for you.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry @nala. It the worst when you get your hopes up only to be disappointed. But at least you love your current stone. And it is a beautiful stone!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry Nala. I am glad that you do love your current stone though - that makes the disappointment easier to take. I don't buy the AGS thing - he just doesn't want to lay out the money to purchase this stone and have to give you ful trade in value on your current stone. That may make business sense for him but he should not have offered something that he probably already knew he couldn't do. I would rather continue saving my money and at some point, buy a diamond from a great vendor that can be traded up through the years. Again, I am sorry that this didn't work out but sometimes when one door closes, another opens. I hope that is the case for you.

I totally agree! If he had been clear from the start, I would not have gotten my hopes up! I do love my stone and In doing my hunt, I know that I paid a fair price so at least there’s that. For now I’m going to just enjoy it and let this go, unless by some miracle he comes up with a better trade-up! Thanks for your support!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry @nala. It the worst when you get your hopes up only to be disappointed. But at least you love your current stone. And it is a beautiful stone!

Awww! Thank you! I’m done holding my breath, lol.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok. Update. I ran the hca and it’s a 3.4 but I have to admit that I never thought that I could come close to an E color! Thoughts? F96B17C0-D374-4B46-A98C-583E6585EC9C.jpeg

Last edited:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha. I just noticed that I tried to black out the gia only to leave it everywhere else! Oh well. Any thoughts on this stone?

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala does he have it in inventory? It might be worth looking in person. Many will reject this one, but it may be lovely stone in person.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala does he have it in inventory? It might be worth looking in person. Many will reject this one, but it may be lovely stone in person.

He doesn’t. He says he has to source it but that I should trust him.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He doesn’t. He says he has to source it but that I should trust him.

Ok then it’s a no from me, sorry. I particularly don’t like surface or internal graining and twinning wisps - while a “good” SI inclusion, they can pose durability issues to the stone. I would keep looking.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok then it’s a no from me, sorry. I particularly don’t like surface or internal graining and twinning wisps - while a “good” SI inclusion, they can pose durability issues to the stone. I would keep looking.

He sent me a video. Would a video help in easing the clarity concerns?

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He sent me a video. Would a video help in easing the clarity concerns?

Probably not, but you might still love the stone and that’s fine too!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably not, but you might still love the stone and that’s fine too!

thanks! I’m definitely being seduced by the color.

mcosme

Shiny_Rock
I bought an E SI1 recently too and it's beautiful..
If he sources it, will you have an inspection period?
Can he get you an ASET or Idealscope?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought an E SI1 recently too and it's beautiful..
If he sources it, will you have an inspection period?
Can he get you an ASET or Idealscope?

Hi! I asked him for an ASET and he asked me what that was! I kid you not!!! So I sent him a link and he said he would look into it. If he sources it, I would have to commit to it so it will depend on the ASET, if he actually gets it!

mcosme

Shiny_Rock
I think it's worth seeing the ASET - if that's a mess than you can eliminate it. Can we see the video?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's worth seeing the ASET - if that's a mess than you can eliminate it. Can we see the video?

Sure! I’ll try to upload it but I didn’t do it right that first time.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I couldn’t do it! Here’s a screenshot

Attachments

• 8E6ABCD1-9B3C-4EF3-B3E2-F10D8237BF06.jpeg
    8E6ABCD1-9B3C-4EF3-B3E2-F10D8237BF06.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 18

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Well, on a positive note it’s large and an E. An aset will help but you can tell from the picture that the symmetry is off which can effect light performance. How important is cut quality to you?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, on a positive note it’s large and an E. An aset will help but you can tell from the picture that the symmetry is off which can effect light performance. How important is cut quality to you?

Very! I can’t compromise cut.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results