shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find Emerald cut diamond

Dayamond

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone!

I am urgently looking for an emerald stone to propose in august.

My budget is between $7k and 10.5k for center stone only. nothing lower than vs1, color I and higher. I would like a 1.70 - 2.10ct but no know budget is low

i looked on bluenile and JA but seems like most online snub those sites. Most jewelers called them walmart of the mined stones. *scratches halead*...tired of visiting jewelers only to see overpriced stones.

Searched reddit and i got contacts for some concierge dealers in ny, houston & la. Not sure if they are scamming me because the rarecarat quotes are way lesser than the dealers offered.

question - where do you all buy your diamonds and are they cheaper than online retailers?
I visited Diamond exchanges and shocked at how different the prices for thesame stones can be...lol!!!

thoughts on th stones -https://bnsec.bluenile.com/bnsecure/certs/LD13948215/GIA?country=USA&language=en-us

Its available on an nyc dealer inventory for like 9k but marked up on Bluenile And other retailers. Am i able to buy direct from these b2b dealer type outlets? Also, do dealers use Rapaport pricing guide for stones?

Dealers in the house pls feel free to PM me.

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
James Allen is having a sale right now til July 20 & they are very reputable

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everyone!

I am urgently looking for an emerald stone to propose in august.

My budget is between $7k and 10.5k for center stone only. nothing lower than vs1, color I and higher. I would like a 1.70 - 2.10ct but no know budget is low

i looked on bluenile and JA but seems like most online snub those sites. Most jewelers called them walmart of the mined stones. *scratches halead*...tired of visiting jewelers only to see overpriced stones.

Searched reddit and i got contacts for some concierge dealers in ny, houston & la. Not sure if they are scamming me because the rarecarat quotes are way lesser than the dealers offered.

question - where do you all buy your diamonds and are they cheaper than online retailers?
I visited Diamond exchanges and shocked at how different the prices for thesame stones can be...lol!!!

thoughts on th stones -https://bnsec.bluenile.com/bnsecure/certs/LD13948215/GIA?country=USA&language=en-us

Its available on an nyc dealer inventory for like 9k but marked up on Bluenile And other retailers. Am i able to buy direct from these b2b dealer type outlets? Also, do dealers use Rapaport pricing guide for stones?

Dealers in the house pls feel free to PM me.
I purchased my EC diamond from Blue Bike, I call her Gloriana. David Klass made the setting for me. Blue Nile was fine to work with. I went to a several Brick and Motar stores. The diamonds I was shown were $10,000. higher and after looking at the GIA certificates showed poorer cut diamonds, lower colour and higher level of inclusions and smaller in weight. Not at all comparable.

Dayamond

Rough_Rock
I purchased my EC diamond from Blue Bike, I call her Gloriana. David Klass made the setting for me. Blue Nile was fine to work with. I went to a several Brick and Motar stores. The diamonds I was shown were $10,000. higher and after looking at the GIA certificates showed poorer cut diamonds, lower colour and higher level of inclusions and smaller in weight. Not at all comparable.

Thanks. How does David klass work? Do you mail the diamond to them?

also, to confirm you meant BlueNile right?

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
btw, there is no pm feature on pricescope. haha

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Using the PS search engine (all vendors are considered reputable and reasonable), I found 4 available EC’s within your budget, matching your preferences.
Of the 4, I only recommend these 3.
These are NOT listed in order of my* preference.
I believe I would actually list them backwards, starting with #3, first, then #2, then #1. I believe #1 is more squat (square) in terms of l x w ratio, and seems to show a bit of body color compared to the other 2.
#3 is far more crisp and white, is more rectangular in terms of l x ratio, and I love the facet pattern.
If ANY of these strike you in a positive way, contact the vendor and place it (them) ON HOLD IMMEDIATELY. Lurkers will scoop these up faster than you can blink. I’d hate to see you miss out.

If you select any of these, you will want to do extensive examination. If you select more than one, you will want to compare.
The best ways to examine and compare EC’s is using visual aid assistance. Videos and ASET images. Videos of the stones in various lighting environments, with different color backgrounds. ASET images to show light performance/contrast/leakage.
Whether or not obtaining these visual aids is possible depends upon whether or not the vendor has in-stock access to the stone, or if the stone is in virtual inventory.
I look forward to your response regarding the 3 stones I’ve suggested.

navneetgems

Rough_Rock
Please check out

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks. How does David klass work? Do you mail the diamond to them?

also, to confirm you meant BlueNile right?

I did mail my diamond per their instructions. My diamond was fully insured against loss though. We spoke numerous times by phone, email and in the end I had a diamond and setting that I will cherish forever.

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
I did mail my diamond per their instructions. My diamond was fully insured against loss though. We spoke numerous times by phone, email and in the end I had a diamond and setting that I will cherish forever.

Yes it was Blue Nile, I have fat thumb syndrome along with a nasty case of autocorrect.

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Yes it was Blue Nile, I have fat thumb syndrome along with a nasty case of autocorrect.

One thing I learned about in the last year, with the GIA certificate number, Rare Carat may show the same diamond with other online vendors at a better price. Not sure if t would have saved me money at that time(2013). If it helps you, take advantage of what tools you can.

Dayamond

Rough_Rock
Using the PS search engine (all vendors are considered reputable and reasonable), I found 4 available EC’s within your budget, matching your preferences.
Of the 4, I only recommend these 3.
These are NOT listed in order of my* preference.
I believe I would actually list them backwards, starting with #3, first, then #2, then #1. I believe #1 is more squat (square) in terms of l x w ratio, and seems to show a bit of body color compared to the other 2.
#3 is far more crisp and white, is more rectangular in terms of l x ratio, and I love the facet pattern.
If ANY of these strike you in a positive way, contact the vendor and place it (them) ON HOLD IMMEDIATELY. Lurkers will scoop these up faster than you can blink. I’d hate to see you miss out.

If you select any of these, you will want to do extensive examination. If you select more than one, you will want to compare.
The best ways to examine and compare EC’s is using visual aid assistance. Videos and ASET images. Videos of the stones in various lighting environments, with different color backgrounds. ASET images to show light performance/contrast/leakage.
Whether or not obtaining these visual aids is possible depends upon whether or not the vendor has in-stock access to the stone, or if the stone is in virtual inventory.
I look forward to your response regarding the 3 stones I’ve suggested.

Apologies for the late response. I prefer stone #3 but afraid the price is kinda high for a 1.7 though. I was trying to find a 1.8 or 1.9 with the G-H colors and a lower clarity, say VS2 or SI clean to the eye.

Dayamond

Rough_Rock
One thing I learned about in the last year, with the GIA certificate number, Rare Carat may show the same diamond with other online vendors at a better price. Not sure if t would have saved me money at that time(2013). If it helps you, take advantage of what tools you can.

Yes!!!!! One of my local jewelers now hates me cos I called him out on price. Mind you he orders from an nyc dealer, so the diamond is not in house. If online retailers are making 10% from the supplier, no reason why a jeweler should ask for 20%

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Apologies for the late response. I prefer stone #3 but afraid the price is kinda high for a 1.7 though. I was trying to find a 1.8 or 1.9 with the G-H colors and a lower clarity, say VS2 or SI clean to the eye.

You may not be able to be that particular. The supply of emerald cuts is lower to begin with, and right now supply is very constrained.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I will modify my search and post what I find (if I find anything worth considering). ;)2

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@OoohShiny,
Think you can chime in with any suggestions?

Thanks for the tag!

I would like to but the next few days / next couple of weeks are going to be crazy-busy for me :(

I've got to prepare for a job interview, meet a social worker with a friend (as he's going through court to try to protect his kid), have the job interview, get some shopping done before we are forced to wear masks everywhere, go to a birthday celebration afternoon, and then spend a couple of weeks drafting documents to be submitted to court...

Oh, and I have to take the good lady's car for it's annual MOT test, probably including the need to walk the five miles home from dropping it off and then the five miles back again to collect it... lol

And I need to sleep! :(

I'm not much use to anyone right now :( and I need to stop getting distracted by the internet so I can sleep more and do more... lol

Sorry that's a bit crap!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results